Page 294 of 557 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 5567

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 294

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I ate about 6 or so almonds and now my "pains" seem to have disappeared. I knew it was digestive, but never would have guessed almonds would cure it... odd...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Jenn - do you still have your gall bladder? sounds like the attacks I used to get prior to having mine removed. The sensation for me was like having a hot balloon inflated just below my sternum and the pain would radiate through to my back. The pressure was quite intense and I would have to lie back and sorta arch my back to get any relief. If it continues I would suggest a visit to the doctor for an ultrasound. Once they go bad they just have to be removed. Mine was filled to the max with hundreds of tiny gall stones.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I do still have a gall bladder. The pain went away so I'm good now. It was followed by a complete digestive cleansing though, so I definitely think the pain was related to digestive distress - likely the result of eating garbage this weekend.

I discovered what the problem is with my face... I have ezcema flares. I just did a google image search for "ezcema face" and so many of the pictures resembled what is going on with my face right now. And I have noticed it flares up after a weekend wheat binge. Just another reason to avoid it... I need to REMEMBER that this happens!! I can deal with the weight gain, the bloat, etc... but the ezcema is an outward sign that EVERYONE can see. It affects how I look. I always thought it was weather related. Prior to going Primal, it would flare up if it was really cold or windy out. It presented as reddened dry patches. I don't recall too many times when my entire face turned red. Now, my entire face turns red and it looks terrible.

NEED TO REMEMBER THIS!!!

So, the skin, the gut, the pains... I'm chauking them all up to a weekend of poor eats. 1 1/2 days of clean eats behind me. I should be well on my way to detoxing at this point.

I found the cake I'm going to make for Makenna's birthday party. I left a message with the author of the blog to see if she could provide any gluten free flour suggestions. Hopefully it's as simple as using a gluten free cake mix, but it appears by the nature of the cake recipe that it might not be that simple. And I loved the variations she posted - the heart cake is super cute. Might look for butterfly cake moulds too.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think you just need gluten-free self-raising flour to make that medeira cake mix. The self-mixed flour mixes look like they have corn and rice flour.

Self-Rising Flour, Gluten-Free
    The Story Behind My Gluten-Free Flour Mix
    The second link does not use corn.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    I hope the pains stay away. I know how annoying mystery pains can be!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Jenn, that is so awesome about your Thesis. What a relief.

The pains are back again today - after eating breakfast. I can't help but think that it's breakfast that is causing them. I haven't experienced them at any other point of the day. Breakfast has been 3 hard boiled eggs and bacon. Will swap the bacon with a sausage patty tomorrow and see if they stay away. If they don't, I'll assume it's the eggs and cry.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Or it could just be something odd with your stomach acid production and processing protein. Try some water with ACV before eating breakfast.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Or it could just be something odd with your stomach acid production and processing protein. Try some water with ACV before eating breakfast.
    blech!!

If Office Hottie ever returns to the office, I'll steal away to make some tea. Part of me also wonders if it's my Lipton tea causing issues. But, every time I experience it, I have just eaten eggs and bacon... except this last weekend when I didn't experience it and hadn't had any tea yet either... definitely something to investigate.

Seriously, CPT B... where are you?