Page 293 of 592 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 5919

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 293

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I need to buy one of those little things of Carmex, heat it up in the microwave to melt it, then drain it out, clean the little glass/ceramic container and then replace the original contents with coconut oil. This would be used as needed for quick moisturizing needs. I got off my regime of using coconut oil daily (morning and night) and now I have some rough patches on my face - likely from eating poorly and lack of moisturizing. Or I could remove a stick of lip balm from the tube and replace it with coconut oil. Either method would work adequately, I think. hmmm... might have a marketable product here...

I CALL DIBS!! IT'S MINE! DON'T STEAL IT!!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Maybe you need to watch this again?
    lol you crack me up. Always there with a reminder.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    If we were near each other, I would give you a Carmex jar. I have 4 here and one is almost empty.
    Georgette

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    lol you crack me up. Always there with a reminder.
    Just sayin'

Sugar is EVIL!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Coconut oil in a lip balm tube would melt in your pocket! The jar is a great idea though. I used very small tupperware containers (meant for salad dressing) for a little while, but I found sticking my fingers in the coconut oil left it smelling kind of weird. Guess I should wash my hands before applying?

I still used unscented Goldbond or Aveeno lotion. Coconut oil takes too long to sink in and I don't like having a greasy mouse at my computer!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I found this facial oil by Boots at Target that is amazing and is very non greasy. It moisturizes my face way better than CO ever did. It's only $8 too.
    Georgette

Nameless, I would keep it in my desk, not in my pocket. lol

Using lotions on my face makes my eyes do funny things. It's really weird, but they feel gunked up when I use standard moisturizers on my face. The right eye starts to water just a tiny bit, so I blink more, and then it feels like there's something in the eye, so then I fiddle with it all day, and then it gets irritated. Coconut oil doesn't cause this.

Today's workout:

Running:
    0:05:00 || 0.5 mi (+35 pts)
    0:05:00 || 0.5 mi (+35 pts)

Barbell Deadlift:
    50 lb x 5 reps (+48 pts)
    55 lb x 5 reps (+50 pts)
    65 lb x 5 reps (+53 pts)
    100 lb x 5 reps (+67 pts) <--- see this???
    110 lb x 5 reps (+72 pts) <--- see this???

Barbell Curl:
    50 lb x 5 reps (+18 pts)
    55 lb x 5 reps (+18 pts)
    50 lb x 5 reps (+18 pts)

Plank:
    30 sec (+13 pts) <--- last time I did planks, I couldn't hold one for longer than 30 seconds!
    30 sec (+13 pts)
    30 sec (+13 pts)

Hanging Bent Leg Raise:
    5 reps (+5 pts) <--- abs were unhappy about something I did last week. Not sure what, so took it easy with these.
    5 reps (+5 pts)
    5 reps (+5 pts)

Got the Peace Love and Low Carb cookbook today - the one I ordered FOREVER ago. I hope it's as good as I have anticipated.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today I have this weird burning sensation in my stomach/lower ribs. And a weird burning or tightness in my back just under the shoulder blade. As a neurotic hypocondriac, I'm paying close attention to this pain b/c of the location. Red flags went off warning of potential heart issue, but I don't think it is. I recently ate breakfast, have had some tea, feel gassy today with other gut discomforts, and there's no numbness or pain in any extremities, so I'm pretty sure it was something I ate... which is weird b/c the food I ate is the same as it is every day - 2 eggs, 1 egg yolk and 3 slices of bacon. This is likely "referred" pain from my abdomen. I've read (and have had family experience it) that indigestion can present with heart attack symptoms, so I'm just chillin' waiting for it to go away. My inclination is to chomp on a couple of tums, but I know that heart burn is actually a case of LOW acid, not high acid, so I'm avoiding that as well.

it's just mighty uncomfortable and annoying. I wish it would go away.

On a more positive note, my paper was returned by my professors with minimal minor changes to be made (citations again). I'm really shocked that my content wasn't hacked to bits as I've heard from previous students that the professors tend to all but re-write the papers for them in some instances. It makes me feel like a good writer.

I'm going through it now checking for details that need fix (spelling errors, clarifying thoughts, adding additional examples where they're needed, etc). Plan to be done with it today. I'm quite surprised by my progress. I figured I'd be cutting it closer than I am. So happy.

Now, if only this "chest pain", for lack of a better word, would go away. (Relax, it's not really chest pain. See above).