Page 292 of 593 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 292

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Keep it up, Jenn! You'll be seeing great results really soon!
    I hope so.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I have been deliberately avoiding the news. Now I know why. This really pisses me off. I am sick of this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I see President Obama signed the Monsanto Protection Act into law yesterday. I'm saddened by this. Now Monsanto can do whatever it wants to the US food supply with no repercussions for the illnesses it causes. Sad sad day. I'm more determined than ever to buy a grass fed cow and raise my own produce now.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Got my paper done on Friday. Submitted it to the professors for one last review before I make it pretty and submit it for realz. I can't believe it's done!!! And a MONTH early! Can you believe it? The Queen of Procrastination got her thesis done a MONTH early!!

Eating was off the hook this weekend. Just as suspected... I'm up 6 lbs. Damned wheat. Will probably work on NK again, but not today. Have white taters for lunch. Who knows, maybe it'll actually be ok to eat them since we can do sweet potatoes with minimal issues.

Thinking about a modified 21 Day Sugar Detox. One that allows berries. But, berries throw off my NK unless I'm super careful, so I'm still up in the air about all this.

Maybe with my new strength program I won't actually need NK and can just eat according to the Carbohydrate Curve. I guess, I'm looking for something a little easier. Back to basics, maybe. But, when I go back to basics, I allow things I shouldn't have - like sugar... lots and lots of sugar.

Obviously, I'm still thinking on this. I'll definitely stick to Primal, but how "strict" I get with it will depend on my love for strawberries...

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    There is some balance required with "back to basics" or any particular diet-style that one adopts. I am finding that increasing starches is the best way for me to feel full and good overall. If I'm hungry, I try to eat something starchy. It overrides sugar cravings. Pebbles is focusing on making sure she gets enough protein & using amino acids ala. "The Diet Cure", along with NK (that's nutritional ketosis, right?). Your balance may be something else, but I bet you the thing that frees you from sugar cravings or overrides them is the answer!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the thesis! thats amazing - a whole month early! You must be very proud of yourself - as you should be

EVIL sugar!!! get it out of your house!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I decided, after catching up on the NK thread that I'll go back. I haven't really given it a fair shot b/c I always find myself binging on some crap after about a month - consequently, after I relose all the weight I gained from the last binge... I have a birthday party for my wee girl at the end of the month, but that's my only real obstacle. I think I can bypass the cake if I have another option available - like fruit or something. It'll goof up the NK at that point, but it'll be easy to rebound from, I think. I don't experience the tremendous water weight gain from fruit that I get from wheat. Then again, I could find someplace that'll do a gluten free cake too... For now, I'll plan to make fruit kabobs.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Fruit is far better to binge on than cake! Do you have any thoughts about what trips you up after that month? Just the timing of life or some kind of stumbling block? You did so well with that 21-day detox!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

It's a timing thing. This weekend was another sugar holiday with a birthday party for my Grandma thrown in. Easter lunch had ZERO gluten free options, with the exception of deviled eggs and fruit kabobs. Even the meat had gluten b/c they coated the baking bags with flour first... *sigh*

I just chose to make poor choices instead of sticking to it. As soon as I finished my paper, I began my binge - Easter candy shoveling commenced. LOTS of Easter candy. I think if I got back to NK and allow honey and maple syrup in recipes, I'll be ok. If things begin to get out of hand again, another detox might be in order. We'll see how I do this month.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you need to watch this again?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've given up on NK for awhile. It doesn't seem to help me when I'm stressed and just want to say F it all. Lately, I've been incredibly stressed and not sure how I'm going to make it through things.
    Georgette