Page 290 of 593 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 290

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Ross mostly went over the stuff she talks about in The Mood Cure, but not in great detail. I listened to her yesterday. The main thing is that she emphasizes the importance of protein in helping mood disorders, with at least 20g protein per meal, and not skipping meals while you're "healing".
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Have any of you tried The Mood Cure? Does it help at all? I would love to be off anti-depressants.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Good luck with the jobs Jenn! I know there is something out there for you!

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Well, if that's all it is, I probably won't listen. I already eat more than 20g protein in every meal, and I feel pretty good, so I won't sweat it.

Thinking about breaking ketosis this weekend. My grandma's 75th birthday party is Saturday night and we're also celebrating Easter that day, so there will be fruit and potato dishes available. My aunt is making a gluten free cake for the birthday party and since the sugar detox is over, I might indulge in some goodies.

Also thinking about concentrating more on strength training and less on running. I'm not running *much* right now (yesterday I did 2 miles) but I think the lack of strength training is really slowing down my weight loss. I've been stuck at this weight forEVER (since the end of August last year) and I'm quite tired of it. A friend on MFP who was a friend on SparkPeople was stuck forever. She significantly restricted calories, another time she boosted her cardio, etc. Then all of a sudden a few months ago she discovered heavy lifting - not cross-fit, but cross-fit type lifting and she has FINALLY made it to her goal, after a 1 1/2 year plateau. I think I might start following her lead and see what happens. She also found that by doing the strength stuff, she was able to SIGNIFICANTLY improve her run. So, I think I'll take some time to focus on strength, run a couple times a week maybe to keep from losing my love for it, and just work on getting strong.

I also started using fitocracy to track my activities (I like the idea of quests and earning points for movement, etc) so that'll be motivating. I may also stop ketosis all together for a while too. I don't know that I've given it a fair chance given my month of ketosis, then bad weekend, then back to ketosis to lose what I'd gained, then bad weekend, etc. But I'm also not any closer to my goals than I was prior to trying NK. I haven't experienced the negative moods that I had last time, but part of me wants to just relax and go back to eating Primal and not worrying about carbs vs fat. Summer is coming which means lots of occassions where NK won't be easy. I don't know... I'll think on this a bit longer before I make any decisions. But sometimes, a baked potato with our steak sounds so yummy.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Have any of you tried The Mood Cure? Does it help at all? I would love to be off anti-depressants.
    I take 250 mg of 5-htp daily. 150 at about 3 pm and another 100 at bed. I'm not sure the 3 pm dose is as important as the bedtime dose. Might start playing with dosages again and see what happens.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    I've been off anti-depressants for about a year and a half now, after about 8 years on and off them. I followed Ross's guide in The Mood Cure, for supplements, and it has made such a difference. I highly recommend it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Thanks all. I will look into it.

Keep us posted on the heavy lifting Jenn! I think it make sense ('course listening to me is not always recommended )

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

MFP and my work computer don't play well together. Every once in a while certain features won't work (like adding food to dinner) and I have to find ways around it (like adding food to lunch and then moving it to dinner). Today, the computer doesn't want to take me to the homepage. I had to use a link from my email to access my profile to get to the site, but still can't log food or check the newsfeed. Probably going to have to use my phone until the computer and website decide to play nice.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I hope the weight lifting shows some progress for you! I'm stuck here too - low 180's - UGH - I've been wanting to start using the bowflex - but its just so dang hard! I'm heading to the JUDDD camp to see how that works. And I so agree that with summer coming it will be hard to stay with the EMF protocol. I do love the summer fruits! I didn't have ANY watermelon last year because I was trying to stay low carb.

How's things going for Brady? I'm wondering if giving the diet thing another try might be a good idea --- but this time be 100% strict with it and see what happens. I saw the post on fb about the mom who put her family on Paleo and it made such huge differences for her kids. That had to be inspiring for you.

Sorry the snow-ball thing is getting derailed. If you do end up with a "free" mortgage month and can put that money into the furlough fund it would sure give it a boost! Then no worries in that department. With those darn student loans coming due it just throws a wrench into the works huh? You could always keep taking classes and keep deferring! UGH....... probably not the best option..............

Good luck on the job prospects! any idea when you'll hear about an interview? The coordinator job sounds fun!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tomi, giving the diet another shot probably is in order, but right now it just seems like an added stressor that I don't need. The family as a whole is getting more paleo. We don't keep fruit snacks or juice in the house anymore. Only sugary snacks are fruit. There's a loaf of bread that hasn't been touched for weeks, so it's probably hard and moldy. Brad and the kids had tortillas last night, but that's about it for our home. School is so difficult and Brady gets bored with his lunches easily so he's been eating school lunch and seems to be behaving better in the lunch room. Before he'd play with his food and cause problems. It's such a balancing act with him. Yes, the article raised my eyebrows a few times, and I had read it before. He's not as bad as the kid in that story though. I will continue to monitor him and see what happens. But after reading that story, I am fearful of 1st grade.

No, I don't want to continue taking classes. I want to be done for a while. Maybe if I get the job at the UofI I can consider taking classes again, but not right now. Maybe work on something completely not related to business - like microbiology or nutrition or something. I'd like to be a Paleo nutritionist someday, but there's no paleo nutrition programs around here - most are in California. I'll cross that bridge when it gets here.

I'm excited to start lifting. Fitocracy is making it exciting b/c I can choose a weight lifting quest - a challenge to reach a certain weight, etc - and get badges and trophies for it. It'll make it a sort of game. Today I plan to do push-ups, barbell rows, over head presses and maybe something else. Not sure yet.