Page 289 of 590 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 289

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Trader Joe's has Kerrygold for the lowest price I've found. I stock up and freeze it as I'm not a fan of Trader Joe's or it's location.
    The Costco's around here have a three pack for 6.99 or something like that. Trader Joe's it is 2.99
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You're right Marcadav -- they didn't have it[Kerrygold Butter]. I was so bummed.
    At out Costco, it is kept in the delicatessen section with the cheese, NOT with the other butter. Be sure you check there.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    At out Costco, it is kept in the delicatessen section with the cheese, NOT with the other butter. Be sure you check there.
    Just called our Costco. They do not carry it.
    Tomi, the nearest Costco that does have it, according to the guy I spoke with,--Tigard and Vancouver.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Seems I may have miscalculated the extent of our losses this year... I calculated that I would be losing $3,113 in take home pay. A calculator I found that First Army compiled to help people plan for the furlough says I'm losing out of $5,663. Currently, we only have about $2,200 in savings.

NOW I'm getting scared. Especially now that student loans are coming due in a month or so...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

hahaha disregard!! The furlough calculator defaulted to me wanting to save 18% of my income via my TSP account while on furlough... um, yeah right! Anyhow, I'm only off by about $60, not $2000... *whew* crisis averted!!!

Brad and I just refinanced our mortgage. The interest rate went down by 0.75%. The mortgage lender sent us a notice that there was a program called the VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan that allows us to refinance for little to no closing costs (no survey cost if the survey has been done in the last 10 years, plus up to $1,400 in Wells Fargo Lender Credits for being a Wells Fargo customer). Our payment is expected to go down by only $100 a month, but in 12 months, that's a savings of $1,200, which is about 1/2 of what I'm losing in salary this year, so I consider it a win. Yes, there'll be two more years tacked onto our mortgage, but with the debt snowball, we'll never see the end of that 30 years, so it's all good. I've got to think about our needs RIGHT NOW and not our needs for 30 years down the line, ya know? Plus, if our mortgage goes down, I don't need to sweat the fact that we've dipped into the furlough funds and there's not the full $3,000 left. Having $600 taken off of our mortgage bill for this year will help a lot to help us survive this crap. We should be closing in 60-90 days. I wish it didn't take so long.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    With the furlough there is nothing you can do work with the student loan people? Frickin' congress. Why the hell aren't they on furlough? I am so sick of their BS
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Hey Jenn - normally when you do a refi there is a lag in the payment due - as one loan is paying off and the new one is taking affect --- will you have a one month mortgage free zone during the transition?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Idk, Tomi. It sure would be nice. I'll be sure NOT to tell Brad about said skipped payment and will instead sock it into the furlough. The furlough needs to be my priority over credit cards right now, I think, since we're 900 short. :S

Listening to the Healthy Life Summit: Healing the Mind and Body with Food with Julia Ross (I can't share the link b/c you have to be signed up to listen, I think.) I guess I can try: Healthy Life Summit: Julia Ross | Village Green Network Not sure if that will work or not. I hope it does.

Anyhow this gal SOUNDS like a therapist with her voice inflection and muttering. It'll be interesting to see what she has to say.

I put my name in the hat for 3 total jobs at the University of Iowa. 2 admin positions and then the program coordinator position. I'm not all that interested in the admin jobs b/c I don't think they'll pay what I need them to pay, but we'll see what happens anyway. Maybe I'll be surprised.