Page 288 of 593 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 288

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Jenn - that sucks. I'm really sorry.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You're right Marcadav -- they didn't have it. I was so bummed.
    Trader Joe's has Kerrygold for the lowest price I've found. I stock up and freeze it as I'm not a fan of Trader Joe's or it's location.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    This is what I wonder too - it's like he does the things he does b/c he's not interested in class. They teach to the slowest and fastest students at once, and while I applaud this approach, I think it's hard for an energetic little guy like mine to sit still and pay attention when he's beyond what they're teaching. I'm not saying he's a super bright genius or anything... but seriously. He knows how to form the letter G already...

They put him in the talented and gifted (TAG) program to study math and he loves it. The report last week was that he "listened well during TAG". Hopefully the comments like that continue and the trend is noticed by those that matter.

Thanks, Tomi.
    If you think it's a "being bored" issue then ask the teacher if she has additional things he could have at the ready, to work on, when he finishes the assigned work. If she doesn't have anything then ask if he could bring things from home-- books to read, workbooks,etc.

Another thing is to see if he could be paired with a student that could use help. He would need to understand that being an "aide" would require extreme big boy behavior on all fronts.

I also wonder about her "tactics". If I had a student that ran to be the first in line, to his cubbie etc I would tell them, "We walk to get in line, please go back and try again. Having him return to his starting spot and walk, not race, will show him that having to do it over again puts him more "behind" than if he didn't race in the first place.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about the student loans. I just try not to let them stress me. And it is possible he is just bored. Does he like books? Allowing him to read while others are working could help. You are doing great! Just take deep breaths and try to remember this is just a moment and it will pass.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I definitely related to Brady on the attention/memory issues. My whole time in public schools (K-12), people were constantly checking in with me for spacing out, getting bored, forgetting things to do. Even if it was just told to me and I responded to show that I understood and heard them, I could forget instantly. Frustrating for everyone involved! Now I know I have Executive Functioning Disorder. It's just the way my brain is wired, not chemicals or anything. Patience goes a long way, let me tell you!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    His problem is not while he's doing his work - its during the group lecture time that he has his problems. They have "circle time" and this is when he will roll around on the floor, fiddle with stuff he's not supposed to fiddle with, tap his pencil on his table, etc.

I have address the whole "He's bored" thing and she 'assures' me that she provides challenging material for the brighter kids. He is in her top reading and top math group (level 4 I think she said) and is now involved in TAG (talented and gifted) to learn higher math skills.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Now I know I have Executive Functioning Disorder. It's just the way my brain is wired, not chemicals or anything. Patience goes a long way, let me tell you!
    OMG do you have any idea how much THIS sounds like me???? I've always called it being scatter brained.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    My mom has it too, it definitely has genetic roots. Primal helps a lot for my general spaciness and treating my anxiety helps too, but I'm still a total scatter brain and it's not something I can really train myself out of. Just have to learn how to work around it as much as possible. I haven't ever been able to identify situations where I get consistently distracted, but regular classroom environments, if I'm not loving whatever is being presented to me, I could NEVER pay attention.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I can't even READ without my mind wandering! I always thought it was ADD...

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hmmm...does it sound like your son Jenn?
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs