Page 287 of 590 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 287

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Somehow I missed he is just in kindergarten. Sounds like it is possible he is just all boy. Sadly we have tried to beat that out of them in the public schools. He will be fine Mom. As much as possible just let him be outside and run.
    This is my thinking too, but then when I consider the other students being good, it makes me wonder. Thank you for helping to ease my mind.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Well darn it!

Yeah, stickers won't work if they have him all stressed out
    and calling himself a bad kid. Not good.

Well, if it's any consolation, *I* stayed back and I lived to tell about it.

My mother put me in K when I was FOUR, so, went to K, then first grade and
    then to second and oh hell no, so then I went to something called "Jr. First" which
    was like first grade with just a smidge of second thrown in.

If my mother would have put me in K when I was 5, I wouldn't have had to stay back!

But, I must say, it didn't affect me too much because I was so young, AND it got me closer
    to my friends, which were a year behind me anyway.

Sure, I graduated high school when I was 18, with four months to go until I was 19, but
    nobody cared and neither did I.

Also, after just going through first grade last year with my youngest, I can tell you for SURE
    that it is NO PARTY. It's like they just pull the rug out from under them and yell "welcome to the
    real world! now get to work!". Seriously, the biggest shock ever.

Well, not for me, since the eldest already did it, but gosh, they really amp up "how great" school is
    in kindergarten with all the stupid jackass parties, and snacks and events and, yanno, every week
    it's something else, and then in first grade - ZIP. You may have a holiday party, but that's it. The
    rest is all work. Second grade is worse, but I won't go into it....

Anyway, from one mom to another, and from someone who has experienced staying back, if he DOES
    need to stay back, in the long run, it won't be a big deal. And hopefully, if it happens, you can get
    a -different- teacher....

There are so many different teaching styles out there, that maybe another K teacher in your school
    would be a better fit for him.

Maybe when those free Fridays of yours start you could sit in on another class and check out the teachers.

That is, if there is more than one K class where you are.

Here at the boys' school, we have 3 kindergarten classes.

Also, if he *does* stay back, that means that he and McKenna (your daughter, right? i hope I got
    it right!) will be in the same school together longer... and every little girl needs their brother as their
    bodyguard, right? RIGHT!

This August, my eldest starts 6th grade at the middle school while my youngest will be going into third
    at the elementary school. You have no idea how much grief this is causing me! Totally lame, as I get
    that kids grow up and all, but, ack, two schools... Baby being at school all by himself and Trevor being
    fed to the wolves of 7th and 8th graders!

He also leaves for science camp tomorrow for 4 days. That has me wanting to vomit.... and I am SO TOTALLY
    NOT THAT MOM! But, I guess I am now. Ha!

All right Miss Jenn, everything will turn out for the best for Brady and you guys. I just know it.

Julie

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I'm glad you like the butter. I'm sorry to say I've never seen Kerrygold butter at our Costco.
    You're right Marcadav -- they didn't have it. I was so bummed.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    No worries. My semi-professional opinion for what its worth is that we are asking too much while simultaneously teaching them less. Just love him, let him know that he is okay. And Jenn my nephew starts 6th grade next year. I have already been through this w/ my son who is now 25 and it still makes me sick to my stomach. Hang in there Moms! They will survive!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    This is my thinking too, but then when I consider the other students being good, it makes me wonder. Thank you for helping to ease my mind.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic]You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I think he'll out grow it. Lots and Lots of love and plenty of good healthy activity will certainly help right now. If he's extra bright then he could be frustrated mentally and its manifesting through his behavior. ???? Does he have lots of things at home to keep him mentally challenged?

Do some research on gifted and talented kids and see what you can find. You're a great mom, Jenn!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Guess I should probably update. Scale dipped into the 184 category today... 184.8 to be exact, so I haven't changed anything (i.e. MFP weight, Body Media weight). And I didn't get off and on the scale this morning b/c I was fearful the 184 would go away. lol If it's still there tomorrow, I'll do a happy dance.

Feeling like a woman today, but not in the good way. Crampy and yucky feeling. I posed a question on Facebook to the Badass Paleo Bitches group (b/c it's private and women only) about the Vitex and how it's affecting my cycle/feminine outputs. One gal thinks I need to stop taking it all together and another gal said simply that the dosage I'm taking might be too high. Basically, I can hear the Russian Circus, but I cannot yet see it and worry that I won't see it, like last month. Someone said the vitex might not be letting my progesterone drop enough to open the cervix, which would explain the hearing but no seeing.

Should I stay at this dose and see what happens? Or should I reduce the dose, have the circus arrive and have no idea whether or not it's b/c it came on its own or b/c the dose was too high? Ah, science is fun.

I talked to the student loan company today. I am all set to consolidate my loans and sign up for the income-driven payment plan. My payment will be roughly $180 a month for 25 years (or rather 10 b/c I'll sign up for the public sector employee loan forgiveness). I got a petition via email today that is asking to extend this forgiveness to the general public. I signed it b/c I might be general public someday as I really don't see a happy future for me in the government sector. I'm really hopeful for this program coordinator position b/c I think it'll be fun. Anyhow, I'll be filling out the consolidation paperwork today. Once everything is consolidated and payments reduced, I'll sign up for the forgiveness.

It's tshirt time for the race team. This means we're ordering tshirts for people to buy. They look pretty cool and we have a HUGE order already. We ordered 135 tshirts! That's, eh hem, $1778... cost. Brad's dad was going to buy them and then people were going to pay him for them. But, the tshirt guy charges a 3% fee for using credit (which was FIL's plan), so to save the race team money and to keep the tshirt costs low, FIL decided to a 6 month note... yep, we're back to this again... except, he must have too many 6 month notes out right now b/c he told Brad that Kathy (at the bank) won't give him another loan right now (I think the max is 2 unsecured 6 month notes at a time, no matter how good your credit or how high your income). So, yep, you guess it... Brad asked if we could do it. *sigh* *hangingheadinshame* I agreed b/c I know there is NO OTHER WAY these shirts will get paid for/purchased. The people who wanted them are prepared to pay for them, so it's not like the money will come from our budget to pay it back, and there's a bit of profit built into each shirt ($2 I think) so that'll cover the interest (that was my first comment to Brad - make sure you find out what the interest is going to be). Turns out he wasn't going to be able to make it to the bank today, so I was asked to call. Kathy was out (jury duty) so I had to talk to Kyle. I gave him the spleal that Brad and FIL take turns getting 6 month notes from Kathy and that it's our turn again. Told him $1800 and he, without asking for account numbers, checking ID, etc, said "yep, that'll be no problem. When can Brad come in to sign?" Oy vey... are we THAT well known at the bank??? lol

I'm choosing to look at the positive - this loan will give us a credit score boost without touching our own checking account. And we need that right now since I'm wanting a new(ish) car. It won't set our debt snowball off b/c the money is already coming in for the shirts (but Brad won't accept money unless he has a shirt to give, but the people who have asked for them are honest, dependable people - sponsors and what not, so I'm not worried about them bailing on us).

Here's a pic of our shirts:

tshirt2 (3).jpg

The color options include this grey, or bright (but not hot) pink. I ordered a pink tshirt, pink long sleeve tshirt and a pink hoodie. Same for Makenna. And then all that in grey for both Brad and Brady... our personal tshirt bill is kinda high, but we're used to it every year. Next year, we probably won't order shirts again. We tend to do it every other year or so.

anyhow... that's all I got... off to continue reading journals and get this consolidation stuff done.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    If he's extra bright then he could be frustrated mentally and its manifesting through his behavior. ???? Does he have lots of things at home to keep him mentally challenged?

Do some research on gifted and talented kids and see what you can find.
    This is what I wonder too - it's like he does the things he does b/c he's not interested in class. They teach to the slowest and fastest students at once, and while I applaud this approach, I think it's hard for an energetic little guy like mine to sit still and pay attention when he's beyond what they're teaching. I'm not saying he's a super bright genius or anything... but seriously. He knows how to form the letter G already...

They put him in the talented and gifted (TAG) program to study math and he loves it. The report last week was that he "listened well during TAG". Hopefully the comments like that continue and the trend is noticed by those that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You're a great mom, Jenn!
    Thanks, Tomi.

Nice graphics! We're about to order t-shirts for the boatshop again. About every 5 years hubby will spend around $1800 on sweatshirts or t's ............ some he sells - but mostly he gives them away -- we chalk it up to advertising expenses.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Re: Vitex, how much are you taking now? My impression is that it's a slow process. You have to wait a month to see how it works (for your period), then changing the dose might take that long again to see a difference. I'd suggest dropping the dose, but you'll need to stay at the dose for at least 30 days to see if that works, and then either stay on it, or drop it again, or stop taking it...or take more!

Hormones are weird!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

So, I get to say goodbye to the 10 year loan forgiveness plan. Turns out the last two people I talked to on the phone didn't figure the payment properly (as in they were WAY off) for income-based payments. My income based payments (b/c they have to consider both mine and Brad's incomes since we file our taxes jointly) would be $530 a month. We can't swing that!!! So, now I'm pissed that I was misled. Leave it to the effing government to mislead someone. Not sure why I'm surprised.

I had to go with the graduated payment plan, which is $230 a month with a repayment schedule of 300 effing months!! AND, that will tack on an additional $50k in interest... F*ck that bullshit! I am NOT giving the government that much effing money. I'll be snowballing the living SHIT out of those loans!

Being mad won't fix it, but this does more than just screw up my student loan repayment plans... it screws up ALL of my debt repayments b/c now I have to put more money than planned toward the loans.

So, now I'm mad and crampy... *sigh*

NW, if you don't think it'll take an immediate effect, I'll go ahead and drop to two and see what happens. I hope I don't lose the revenous libido, though...