Page 285 of 593 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 5923

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 285

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So, Brady had such a bad day today that my SIL says he's no longer welcome at her daycare. I don't know what he did wrong other than general not listening no matter what discipline technique they tried - time out, talking, separating, etc. Nothing worked. So she said next Friday he has to go to Latchkey instead of her house (no school Friday). It's pretty bad when the kid is so misbehaved that his aunt won't even babysit him anymore. *sigh* I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do about him. I was planning to go to the car show tomorrow (where everyone unveils their race cars for the 2013 season), but apparently part of his punishment is going to be not going to the car show - which means I get to stay home too. *bullshit* He's currently grounded to his room until tomorrow morning. As soon as his dad gets home, he and his dad are going for a drive to discuss his behavior and what comes next.

Yesterday, he got sent to the principal's office for throwing punches at friends. Principal emailed me to tell me that he said he was "defending his friends" but his friends told the principal they didn't need protecting. I don't think he connected with anyone - I think it was more a role playing thing, but nonetheless, even pretending to hit someone is just as wrong as hitting someone. It's unacceptable behavior.

I just don't know what to do with him... grounding is ineffective. Taking toys away, taking tv time away, taking away his 4wheeler, bike, etc, is ineffective. Only other thing I can think of is "physical" attention by way of spanking his butt when he does this crap. I'm all out of ideas. He's not a *mean* kid - just chooses not to follow the rules or do as he's told/not told to do unless he feels like it. I'm at a loss.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Jenn!!!!! I bought Kerrygold today! Safeway had it on sale for $4.99 for 8 oz, and I had a 10% off coupon - so I paid $4.50. I'm going to guard it with my life! and use it very sparingly! I haven't tried it yet --- but I'm going to take a little taste of it to see if its really all the different from ordinary ole' butter! I'll let you know what I think.

Good job on the 8 pages!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I will be very surprised if you don't love it. It's so creamy and smooth and soft. LOVE IT!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Maybe time to do some more reading on that Oppositional Defiant Disorder?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Maybe.

Feeling depressed and angry today. Son is grounded so I'm stuck at home. Brad told me to find a sitter and take Makenna to the car show, but I'm so unhappy right now that I don't even want to go to the car show. I just want to sit and mope. Definitely more on the depressed side than the angry side. Anger has me cleaning and I'm in no mood to clean right now.

These mood swings make me think the Russian Circus will be here soon. Other biological factors are making me think this too. Quite honestly, I can't wait til it's here. Really want to fall face first into sugar - like hard core sugar - like a bottle of Mt. Dew or a box of donuts (with coconut on top). I won't b/c of the 21 day sugar detox (today is day 20).

Down 10 lbs since the start, but not back to my primal low yet. Have two more pounds to go to reach that. Might continue the detox but allow strawberries. Will see.

Right now, I just want everyone in my world to go away for a while and let me be. I need a mental health day of DIY network and laying on the couch with no responsibilities.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I totally understand. My 8 yr old has major issues as well and I dread emails from his teacher. Try to hang on. You have done so well with the sugar detox and you are so close to your low.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, I'm sorry you're having troubles with Brady. We love them so much - but HATE their bad behavior!!! Parenting is the toughest job in the world - as well as the most rewarding! But boy - if I had known what was coming before I ever got pregnant - I'm not so sure I would CHOOSE to go through it.

I think Tasha's right - do some more reading on the ODD - if you think thats the issue then do whatever is needed to help him. If he fits the bill then his behavior isn't totally by choice and he will need to help and guidance to learn how to deal with his urges to misbehave.

Happy thought --- I tasted the Kerrygold............ OH MY GOSH!! it tastes like the butter I used to have at my grandma's house! REAL FULL FLAVOR BUTTER! I am forever ruined to the bland boring taste of ordinary butter! Honeybuns says Costco has it for a really good price right now - I'm thinking of making a small investment!

Hang in there. Maybe take this time at home with Brady to do some intense research online.

Sending happy thoughts you're way.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I hope you get the relaxed day that you need. My most recent bout of PMS was intense with low moods, very very bad. I stayed home from work one day because I couldn't function! Can't wait to go back on the Vitex, that definitely helped (but it took a few months). Stupid low progesterone! Anyway, take care of yourself. [[hugs]]
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Check out ODD as others have said. Consider a behavioral therapist? Schedule a conference w/ teachers, guidance counselor etc. For the most part they do very much care and want whats best for him. Look for support groups either in your area or online to ask other parents what they do. Be proactive! Keep a journal of his behavior. Did he not get enough sleep? Watch too much TV? Not enough outside time? Does he still eat grains? What is his sugar intake? Maybe there is a clue there you are missing. Ask school faculty the same thing. I know its hard when they are just kids to really monitor all of that but getting him off of it could make a difference. (you probably have answered this but I don't remember at the moment). While spanking may make you feel better it probably will not help. Good luck! I wish there were better answers.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs