Page 284 of 593 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 284

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, I had a dream about freaking cockroaches last night... There was one crawling on my wall and one in my bed. Yuck yuck yuck.

Last night was another bad 2-year-old-sleeping-night. I woke to both kids in my bed at 1:30. Took them both back to their beds. Makenna decided that sleep was overrated and either kept coming into our room or playing in the living room. I woke up at one point to her clapping in the living room. WTH is wrong with this child??? lol She didn't stop getting out of bed until after 3. So. Annoying. Brady came back into our room about 5ish but Makenna remained in her room.

Family easter is planned for next weekend. I'm taking rainbow fruit kabobs. Pretty sure the kids will be thrilled. SIL told me yesterday she's getting back on the Primal wagon. She just sent an email to the whole family inquiring about whether or not deviled eggs had been claimed as a food item yet. I hope she'll make them with paleo mayo. We did a lot of talking about primal yesterday. She stopped using her prozac and decided that because of that she REALLY needs to get back on track. I wish her luck with it.

Going to ask The Princess of Pain if she can show me the proper way to do a deadlift today. I have an appointment with her at noon. It's no fun to see the Princess when your body is in the throws of DOMS, but it'll be ok. Performed an overhead press with 65 lbs yesterday and deadlifts with 50 lbs. I know I can do more on the lower body, but I'm nervous about form and hurting my back so I'll ask her about it today and go from there.

Weight is up 2 lbs today... annoyed by that. Assume it's b/c of the lack of sleep. No work tomorrow, more paper writing time. Hoping to sleep well tonight, get up early, get the kids to SIL's and then knock out the paper. Aiming for 10 pages again.

Anyhow... boring day at work. So slow already today. I get my furlough letter today - the one saying they intend to furlough us. Technically not supposed to get it til tomorrow (heads up Canio!!), but I'm on leave tomorrow, so she said she'd give it to me today and we could date it as tomorrow or something. It'll be interesting to see what it says.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Anyhow... boring day at work. So slow already today. I get my furlough letter today - the one saying they intend to furlough us. Technically not supposed to get it til tomorrow (heads up Canio!!), but I'm on leave tomorrow, so she said she'd give it to me today and we could date it as tomorrow or something. It'll be interesting to see what it says.
    Ah, thanks for the heads-up. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking/sniffing glue/etc...

Ok, so... the furlough letters are being delayed for 2 weeks because of further congressional negotiations... Who knows what will happen now. This is the email I got from our General:

I just received notice a few minutes ago that the Office of the Secretary of
    Defense (SECDEF) has delayed the release of furlough proposal notices to all
    civilian employees for approximately 2 weeks. The SECDEF is estimating that
    proposed furlough notices will not be released until 5 April 2013.

This delay is in response to the pending Continuing Resolution legislation,
    and will allow the Department to carefully analyze the legislation's impact
    on the DoD budget. It is not known what impact this pending legislation may
    have on the projected furlough. It is critical that DoD evaluate this
    pending information before any employees receive proposed furlough notices.
    Although this is positive news, I want to stress that this information does
    not mean that an administrative furlough may still not be required. Right
    now, the DoD projected furlough of up to 22 days has not changed, but
    receipt of proposed notices and implementation have been delayed.

As promised before and earlier this week at the Town Hall, I am committed to
    sharing all information during this rapidly changing and stressful time.
    Stay tuned for more information.
    I wish they'd quit yanking us around. It's not going to be possible to get all 22 days done before September 30th now, which means we'll have to take 3 days off in one pay period. Just freaking furlough us already. Get it done with! I fucking hate congress and it's ass dragging and time wasting and subsequent yanking us around.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm so glad I don't work for the government! You have my sympathies............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

On a more positive note, I am thinking about doing a race with Team in Training again. Team in Training is an organization that uses athletes to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We are given fundraising minimums, we raise the money and then in turn they train us and provide flight/accommodations to participate in a sporting event. This is what I did for my first half marathon. I raised $3,200 and in return they took me to Disney to run the Princess Half Marathon.

There is a local race I'm interested in. it's a 20k (almost a half). It's June 1st. I've run it before and am thinking about doing it again, but this time with TNT instead of the organization I ran it with before (b/c I don't think they're doing anything this year - I should check). In 2011, the fundraising minimum for this race was $500 for me as an alumni TNT runner. Now it's $750. (I just sent an email back to the coordinator b/c I failed to mention to her that I would not need transportation, just hotel accommodations since I live so close to Des Moines - 2 hours. We'll see what she says). $750 will be no trouble to raise. Pretty simple. Host a 5k and you're pretty much set. But I'm not sure I really want to do all that again. Quite possibly I just want to run and not fundraise. I'm not sure I really want to go to all the trouble of hosting a 5k this year - especially since Brad sold all his graphics stuff and I'd have to pay someone to make me signs. And there's the cost of renting the time clock, the digital shoe tags, tshirts, etc.

Last time I ran this race and fundraised for it, I had just finished doing the Princess and had tapped my resources for funds during that race and had to resort to the 5k to make my minimum for the 20k. It's been 2 years since I have fundraised and asked the local businesses/family and friends for money. So maybe it wouldn't be as difficult as I am anticipating. Two local businesses gave me $100 each last time... Maybe they would again?

I have until next Friday to decide whether or not I want to do it with TNT or not. What do you guys think???

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That's not a lot of time for training. Are you ready to run that kind of distance?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    That's also not a lot of time for advertising for a 5K, let a lone holding it. You'd be really crunched for time, and I know you already are because of your thesis. That said, if you're passionate enough about it, you can move a mountain. The question becomes: what would win- family duties, running, or your thesis?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The 5k I held two years ago only had a month worth of advertising and brought in $650 or so. Runners around here run every 5k they can find. And there are enough websites that list races that make it possible to advertise even with little time.

I think, in talking to a friend tonight, that we're going to forego the fundraising and plan to run a half together in December in TN. I started doing this thing were I put $1 in savings for very week of the year, equal to the numerical value of that week. This week is the 13th week of the year, so I put in $13. By December, I'll have $1,000 saved up. Plan to use that for the travel down there - will likely drive. But, still thinking about doing the 20k in June.

Yes, it's enough time to train. If you have a base, you can train in as little as 8 weeks. We'll see. I just need to stop being so nervous about it and do what I know my body can do. I know I can run 2 miles already, but sometimes my brain gets the best of me. My body can do it, no question. My mind quits before my body, which is a typical running challenge.

Re: thesis. Spending tomorrow at the library. Goal is to write 10 pages. Almost done with the literature review. Once I'm done with that, it'll be less about research and more about just writing. With any luck, I'll be done with it in a couple weeks.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You GO GIRL!!!! Running - Writing - Running - Writing! I'm looking forward to hearing about your training successes and the nearing of the last page of that thesis! Woo Hoo!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You GO GIRL!!!! Running - Writing - Running - Writing! I'm looking forward to hearing about your training successes and the nearing of the last page of that thesis! Woo Hoo!
    Almost there, Tomi. Made it to the top of page 24 today. Not quite the 10 pages I had hoped for, but I got 8 done, so I'm happy.