Page 282 of 593 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 282

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jenn, Thanks for the link on the 21 day sugar detox on FB. I read her piece on sugar and artificial sweeteners. It was a revelation. I am probably doing the sugar detox by accident by dropping dairy and all sweeteners.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quite possibly, Paula. But her program goes a bit further by eliminating fruit and starchy veggies, etc - of course, you've probably given them up too as part of the VLC/EMF. Day 16 of my 21DSD/EMF Ketosis experiment and I'm down 9 lbs in total.

Hungry today. Fat was low yesterday. 68% I think. Carbs were below 50 though, so I think I'll be ok for one day.

Headache finally went away about 6 or 6:30 last night. Mild tummy upset remained most of the night. It just felt off. Brad made homemade pizza for him and the kids. I had salmon fried in butter with shrimp (also fried in butter) with cabbage sauted in olive oil and some carrots with butter (for color). Very yummy meal. Turned out to be about 73% fat for all of it. Score! Feeling much better today. Ready to hit the gym for a run.

Ugh, I need to stay away from the message boards at MFP... so much ignorance. Someone tried to indicate that butter is processed... no, it's stirred f*cking cream, you nit! If stirring makes something processed, then we're all in a world of trouble... Oy.

Looking through our finances I see Brad and I are off track again. We've dipped into the furlough money from time to time and have managed to reduce it by $900... *sigh* We suck at money management. If I leave it the way it is, we'll have to reduce our weekly spending by $40 or so. What I think is going to end up happening is that we'll lengthen our debt snowball to make up the difference. That's fine I suppose, but I really want to get that credit card paid off by November so we don't pay any interest on it. It's a standard credit card, so I don't think there'll be a "lifetime interest accrual" penalty like with department store cards. I think it'll just start accruing from the current balance when the interest starts applying. I should call and find out. I need to think about my student loans again too. Graduation is nearing and I'll have to start paying on them again.

Feeling anxious right now. Like arms are tingly anxious. Possibly money related?

The letters formally announcing the furlough come out this week. Yippee. That should be awesome... Not.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I eat zero fruit , few veg and no starchy ones.

I have money worries on my mind too. We have -4 bucks in our account and a week to payday.

-9 here! Hoping a check or two takes a while to get cashed. Payday is Thursday.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for the money issues.............. why does everything cost money? dang it anyway!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Our utilities and cable bills are due today and I forgot to drop them off. They'll be closed before I get home from work, so they won't get the checks til tomorrow, which means they won't clear til Thursday at the earliest. Payday is Thursday, and with direct deposit, the check is there by 0800, so we'll be ok.

As I walked into the building today, the fire alarms went off. Since it's not fire prevention week and there was no word of any drills this week, AND with as freaking cold as it was out there this morning, I know it wasn't a drill. Worst part of it was that it was 13 degrees and windy as f*ck out! I'm the type of person who doesn't bundle up when I'm only going from my car to the building, so 24 minutes in the cold sucked ass. The "rally point" is no where near my car either, so sitting in my car while the fire department to do its thing was not going to be that beneficial. Turns out there was a faulty alarm on the sprinkler system on 1st floor that set the alarm off... Not cool. Just for fun, here's a pic:

Fire.jpg
    My building is the white one to the left. Don't allow yourself to be deceived by the "niceness" of our building... it's an old warehouse with a new(ish) facade. It's loaded with cockroaches and asbestos, it's drafty and very sterile in furnishings. It's not as nice as it appears. I was tricked into believing it would be a nice building when I first saw it... it's not.

I was just commenting on Geo's journal about being a screw up. Here's an example of my lack of prowess as an admin: My boss is irritated this morning because he's having issues with people at his next assignment (personnel office issues, customer service issues, what have you) so he got on my ass about not checking his outbox this morning. There used to be a system here that when people brought things in for signature, they came to me, then I routed them through the office. Then all of a sudden people stopped giving them to me to route and have been giving them directly to the XO. When they do this, I don't know there's a signature packet in the office to be aware of. If I'm not aware of one, I don't think to check the outbox when I come in. So the boss expressed frustration with me b/c he had a packet in his box. Well, sorry, Sir... tell your XO to stop accepting packets so I can log them and monitor their movement through the offices. If I don't know about them, I can't track them and if I can't track them, I don't look for their completion! It's days like this that make me REALLY hope I get that job at the University. I'm not cut out to be an admin...
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 03-20-2013 at 08:44 AM.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Well, sorry, Sir... tell your XO to stop accepting packets so I can log them and monitor their movement through the offices. If I don't know about them, I can't track them and if I can't track them, I don't look for their completion! It's days like this that make me REALLY hope I get that job at the University. I'm not cut out to be an admin...
    Wait, wait, wait...I am pretty sure I saw 'proficiency at reading minds' in the last admin job description I read.

Good luck getting out of there, though 'loaded with cockroaches and asbestos' will be hard to leave behind....

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Good luck getting out of there, though 'loaded with cockroaches and asbestos' will be hard to leave behind....
    Thanks. My biggest fear with the giant sized cockroaches is that I'll end up taking one home involuntarily...

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Thanks. My biggest fear with the giant sized cockroaches is that I'll end up taking one home involuntarily...
    awww, like a pet. You would make a great giant roach breeder I am sure....

*seriously though...kill them. kill them with fire.*

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You can always tell what weekends they spray for bugs b/c the following Monday the hallways look like cockroach grave yards. The ones that bother me the most are the one on their back in the middle of the hallway - no doubt they fell from the ceiling... *shudder*