Page 28 of 577 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128528 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 28

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I asked sister what she's doing for her "diet". She said she didn't want to tell me b/c she knows how I am. I responded with "If you think I'll disapprove then that means you KNOW it's unhealthy".

She told me it's high protein, no fat, no carbs, low cal. I asked her how she's going to get protein without fat and commented that she must not be eating animals b/c protein doesn't come without fat in animals.... or she's eating soy (ew). She said "fine, low fat and carbs". i told her she needs fat and carbs to live healthfully and that if she eats REAL FOOD and stays away from things that come in a box, eats when hungry and eats only until full, she'll lose weight. I told her to consider whether she'd be able to eat this "diet" for the next 70 years and if not, she needs to back away now.

She hasn't responded, so she's closed the door. Too bad. I want to give her the Primal Blueprint to read, but she doesn't read (in fact, refuses to read anything) and there's too much to explain to her. She's another one of those that I'll be "showing" with my progress. it's just too bad b/c she's a depressed person and if she develops any kind of problem or loses steam or "fails", it'll just make her outlook worse.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    jenn...my MIL is the same way. Don't waste your breath or time...as harsh as that sounds. They have to be in the right place & the right frame of mind to accept things. If she doesn't read how'd she know to go with only protein & no fat & no carbs? She won't last long doing that & will likely damage her health. You can only do so much! You will thrive on your new lifestyle change...will be healthy & happy & skinny. You will be a walking testimonial for the way you have chosen to eat. She may still not come around to your "way of thinking", ever. My MIL hasn't & probably won't ever. Its just "too hard" for her to think about. Whatever. Be fat, depressed & in pain all the time. I'll just dance circles around you.

You can't save the world...altho sometimes we want to try. You can only concentrate on you right now!!

you're doing so great...we're proud of you!!!
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 04-30-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    ((Jenn)) it is so hard when those we love and especially family can't get healthy also..I have a daughter who is alarmingly overweight and I can't get through to her no matter what.. I feel ya hon!

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    You can't save the world...altho sometimes we want to try. You can only concentrate on you right now!!

you're doing so great...we're proud of you!!!
    Thank you for saying this PC! You're absolutely right! All this time I have been trying to convince people to do it the right way (with REAL FOOD, not artificial crap - even if they don't follow primal) and all it's done is aggravate me and stress me out. Therefore, I'm done. I'm done sharing what I do with others. I'm done sending links to my MIL to show her alternatives to medication for her fibromyalgia.

I'm just going to do what I know is right based on science and evolution and prove to them that there is an easier way. Thank you, PC, for helping me to see that is what I was trying to do.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, people don't like being told what to do. They like following examples of things they like. All you can do is be an example. That's been hard for me because weight hasn't come off fast, but whatever. My skin's clear and I look more toned.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Honestly, people don't like being told what to do. They like following examples of things they like. All you can do is be an example. That's been hard for me because weight hasn't come off fast, but whatever. My skin's clear and I look more toned.
    My skin has better tone. It's less splotchy in color and more "glowing". i think it makes me look prettier.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    you are very welcome my dear!!! Glad I could give back...even a little.

I can also tell a difference in my skin, I can generally get by with just wearing a little powder & some mascara most of the time. yay us!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Good night Jenn!! Hope you have a great rest!!

Rest wasn't that great last night. My son kept getting up the first few hours of the night. He wasn't required to go to bed until 9 b/c he was a good boy at preschool and got green, but he kept dilly-dallying, getting up for this, getting up for that, asking for this, calling to me for that... at 9:30 I think he finally stopped hollering and went to bed. At 11 he woke up and came out to the living room. I had already gone to bed, but got up and put him back in bed. At 11:30, he came into my room again. He wanted to cuddle and I hate to deny him the opportunity to cuddle, so I let him climb into bed with us, intending to only have him there for a few minutes. The next thing I know, it's 3:30 am and my daughter is crying. I go to her, cover her back up and leave her. Get back to my bedroom and she starts crying again. I have to pee so badly that it hurts so I make DH get up with her. By the time he gets to her room, she's gone back to sleep (poor guy...). I climb back into bed with DH and DS and DS starts taking up too much room in the bed. I should have taken him back to his bed, but I was too tired so I dealt with it. Had a tough time dragging myself out of bed as a result of all the interruptions, but I'm functioning pretty well despite it all.

I woke up to another lb gone this morning! So excited. At first I just kind of stared at the scale in disbelief but then climbed off the scale and smiled. *fist pump* That's a total of 12 lbs lost, 8 of them since going primal.

Last night, dinner was something like you'd find at a restaurant... Cod sauteed in butter, then baked to perfection (seasoned with a seafood seasoning that I can't remember the name of), fresh green beans with butter, bacon, garlic, onion and pepper, and boiled carrots with butter. OMGeeee it was so yummy! I was surprised at how good the fish was! I expected it to taste rather fishy, but the seasoning did a good job of covering that up. I snacked on two servings of coconut bliss ice cream to get my carbs up to where they needed to be. Of course, that added excess sugar, but it's only one day. Today will be different.

So far today:

B: 8:30
    Vitamins
    3 sausage links
    2 boiled eggs
    Chobani black cherry greek yogurt (22 gmC - 21 of which is sugar... )

10:30 - finally manned up and did the celtic sea salt flush... YUCK! This flush thing better work! *sigh*

D: 5ish
    Thinking about going to Village Inn and getting the same thing I had last week - ham and cheese skillet made with real hashbrowns, no margarine/fake butter, with scrambled eggs. Yum. MyfitnessPal says that meal is worth 900 calories, but I think that's b/c of the PUFAs they use to fry the country potatoes and since I won't be having those, it should be no more than 500 or 600 calories, I think.

They closed both sets of bathrooms on our floor at work for renovations so now we have to climb to the 4th floor (from the 2nd) b/c the 3rd floor bathrooms are also closed. 1st floor/basement has very large cockroaches and if you use those bathrooms you risk being carried away by a roach the size of your thumb. It's pretty gross, so I'll happily climb 3 flights of stairs each time I need to tinkle... slow, frequent movement, right?

Ok, now I'm rambling and wasting time b/c I don't want to do my homework for class tonight. 10 question essay about a case study on conflict management. ugh I'll be so glad when this class is over. 6 page papers each week is just getting old... Only 2 semesters and a summer to go and I'll have my master's degree. awesome... what I'll do then, I have no clue. I'm already over-educated for my current job, but it's pretty relaxed here, so I might stick with it for a bit.

I hope everyone is having a nice Tuesday. Mine has been pretty ok so far.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Jenn- you can buy empty little gelatin capsules to make your own salt pills. A compounding pharmacy should have them, or a feed store. Or you can order online. Some health food stores have them, too.