Page 279 of 593 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 279

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hot office guy isn't going to be a figure in the office much longer... he got selected for a fellowship that will allow him to spend 3 years in a foreign country studying the language, culture and customs (it's a school like thing). He leaves this summer... which means another new XO for our office... *sigh* No consistency in the Army. You get used to looking at someone and they take them away! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Alas...a tragedy.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The university sounds like a great opportunity. How's the commute from your place?

Sabine, the commute would be about the same, but from what I understand the parking is not so awesome, which will require me to allow more time in the mornings. Brad's not thrilled about the pay cut but I told him that in order to take it, they'd have to offer me the top salary listed on the website. He thinks they're not offering enough for a bachelor's, much less a master's degree, but I think that's b/c he's comparing it to what I make now, which is entirely too much compared to the local secretary salaries, but of course, I won't complain about my salary. Anyhow, we'll see how it shakes out. I'm still waiting to hear back from my professors regarding whether or not they'd be references/write a letter of reference for me.

Down to 187 today. 4 more pounds to reach my Primal Low. So far, on day 11 of the 21 day sugar detox/EMF protocol, I have lost a total of 8 lbs. I'm hoping this pace continues. I was worried that there'd be an increase today since last night's dinner was uber salty. Guess the coconut oil shot I did before bed fixed that problem. By the way, I would NOT recommend a coconut oil shot to anyone... blech! Gag reflex in full force! I thought I was going to puke! But, I didn't melt it first, so I had to kind of chew it. The texture was atrocious. Next time, coconut manna!! lol

Anyhow... gotta work on a cover letter... Ugh. Dreading it. I hate cover letters.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I would just worry that based on your credentials they will say you're overqualified. Companies don't like to pay top dollar unless they're desperate/they REALLY need someone (good). My future FIL once made a deal at a potential employer that they could pay him the offered salary for 6 months, and when they realized he's worth the salary he demanded at that time, they'd give him the raise. They gave him the raise but that's a huge chance to take!

I tried coconut oil ages ago because everyone was all, "Snack on it! Eat it when you're waiting for dinner! Weight loss & energy guaranteed!" Well if I lost weight from the bathroom trip that caused me to lose my dinner & "clean house", then I guess that was true at least. Maybe I should start doing that again =P, but I think I would pre-melt it because I don't like the texture of "chewing" solid coconut oil.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

The job asks for a bachelor's but states that it prefers a master's, so I don't think they'll tell me I'm overqualified. What I have in education, I think I'm lacking in experience.

I have my cover letter written (required per the posting). I have a colleague reviewing it right now. In looking through the job announcement again, with a clear "just ran" head, I see the position is more managerial than I thought... I don't know... glad I have til the 22nd to decide whether or not to put my name in the hat.

Just realized that instead of bringing my lunch, I brought Brad's breakfast... Damn it. Guess I'll make some bouillon instead.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    It never hurts to throw your name in the hat - if its not this right match you'll know at the interview. And practice interviews are as valuable as hard core serious ones!

Sorry about lunch......... hope the hot cup of B was satisfying.

And WOOHOO on the weight loss! I'm stuck at 183 and it isn't budging - but I have had some extra salt lately so I'm hoping thats all it is. My hopes are still high to see 177 by months end. If you pass me up you better reach out and grab my hand and drag me along!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

You know I would, Tomi!

I am talking to a recruiter I used to know in the Army who works at the UofI. I asked him if I could put him as a reference only to find out that he used to work in that very office and was let go b/c he was too expensive, so didn't think he'd be a good reference for me. bummer. Anyhow, I'm grilling him about the president and the office as a whole. He's going to look over my resume and cover letter to see if I'd even be considered, which I think is very nice of him. He says the group is a great bunch of people and the President is a very pleasant lady - her picture on the staff page is VERY deceiving. lol

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's paper day. I'm off work today and headed to the library to knock out some pages on this paper. It's so weird how proactive I'm being. This is not like me at all! I usually procrastinate to horribly! Hoping for 10 pages or so today. So, with any luck, I won't be online today. I hope everyone has a great day! Wish me luck!