Page 276 of 578 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 5779

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 276

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    From the De Boles Gluten Free Rice Pasta website: Rice flour and rice bran extract are the only ingredients. Sure, not primal per our current discussion, but if rice is ok "every once in a while" then making a 3 cheese and tuna casserole with it one time will be ok.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    sounds yummy!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I miss the easiness of rice. It was a good filler for other venues that I could make ahead and have something to eat off of all week. I can't find anything else like that. That said I don't feel as good when I eat it so I guess its a fair trade.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Proceed with caution on that 4wheeler. It sounds like one of those "too good to be true" deals. Watch your backside and make sure it is all legit before you fork over the bucks.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I was going to say that ^ too!! I've heard of people getting really screwed on craigslist deals that sound too good to be true. Don't send a DIME!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

We don't pay for it until it's in our hands and we accept it. She said she'll ship it up here and if we like it, then we keep it and paypal the money to her. We're very aware of the possible scams out there.

Ugh I hate the time change... I am sooooo soooo so tired this morning. And it's rainy and gray. But, I'm back down to 188 so there's cause for cheer. 7 lbs in 8 days.

Day 8 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox. Doing great. This weekend I felt very energetic and able to accomplish all I'd wanted to accomplish.

Saturday I cleaned the house, folded the towels, washed some more laundry, got groceries, attended two fundraisers (one racing related, one for the fire department my dad is the chief at) and went to the mall to pick up more ammo.

Sunday, I made a BAB, made breakfast for the week, cleaned up the kitchen, attended another fundraiser (bowling for 2 hours), then went home, rested a little bit, made dinner, bathed both kids, cleaned up the kitchen again, and then settled in to watch Duck Dynasty.

Busy busy weekend. I made these for my breakfast. Not sure if I'm overly excited about them or not. Might be better with some cheese. And I broke the yolks and flipped mine, so they don't look so pretty. Runny yolk eggs don't reheat well, so we always break the yolks when we're preparing our weekly breakfasts.

Nothing else very noteworthy, so I'll slink off to read the other journals now. Have a nice day!

My adventures in gardening:

I'm making this. I read that coffee is good for a compost bin, and funny thing - the coffee can I got to make this is full to the brim with expired coffee grounds. Someone bought it at work for a conference and only used the coffee for something like 2 days. No one in our office drinks coffee, so it sat. The can is going to become my countertop composter (collects compost material to be taken out to the bin) and the coffee grounds will serve as "brown" material for the actual compost pile.

I am so excited about this project!!!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I have done composting on a large scale for years. Hot, cold, sheet, you name it I've done it. Currently I am not calling it composting, even though it is. I am growing earthworms. Things are still getting composted. Layering greens and browns is not as neccessary as the books would have you believe. If you have an open bottom compost pile, the worms will aid in the breakdown.

Good score on the coffee grounds! My niece gave me 40 pounds of them from Starbucks for Christmas one year.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Good score on the coffee grounds! My niece gave me 40 pounds of them from Starbucks for Christmas one year.
    This was fresh coffee grounds - well, fresher, since they were expired. I could collect used from the breakroom if need be. We'll see.

I have a lot of cardboard and paper bags I plan to use for brown matter. I can also get a hold of some straw bales. I was wondering how I'd come up with brown materials when we have no leaves to speak of, but then I read about straw.

what is the difference between hot and cold? I'm thinking about doing cold over the winter if it's what I think it is.

The 4wheeler thing was a scam. She sent an invoice and asked Brad to pay via Western Union via eBay Financial. Why would anyone go far enough to actually paying with these conditions? The invoice said "Do not print this invoice. Just go to WU and send money to this person". Really? And why would someone have to send money via WU to eBay to someone who's selling something on CraigsList? Brad flagged each of her posts for removal. There were a lot of them.

He had found another 4wheeler in Iowa that he's looking at. This one's an 03 Polaris 550 or something with a blade and winch for 2000. He's going to offer the guy 1500 and see what he says. In the meantime, he's trying to see if he can find an exhaust system for his truck that he likes. I asked him why he needs to change the exhaust and he said the right system can improve horsepower - one said you can increase horsepower to 600. Not sure what the truck has now (it's a PowerStroke, so I imagine it's already pretty high).

Daylight Savings Time is kicking my ass. So sleepy in the mornings!