Page 275 of 593 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 275

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    And this is what should happen. I truly believe that if the people of the country came together and demanded this it would work. I am so sick of those SOB's!
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    And this is what should happen. I truly believe that if the people of the country came together and demanded this it would work. I am so sick of those SOB's!
    ???
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The book says rice is ok, though...
    Okay - I knew I wasn't nuts!

Primal Blueprint - page 7 paragraph 2 "In the Primal Blueprint, you will learn why eating a low-fat diet rich in grains like wheat, rice, bread, pasta and cereal can easily make you fat and malnourished."

Page 110 under avoid poisonous things: "Eliminate: sugary foods and beverages, grains (wheat, corn, rice, pasta, breads, cereals, etc.)"

Page 136: "Wild Rice - Even though wild rice is a high-protein, gluten-free, high-nutritional-value natural species of grass, it is still technically a grain that has a relevant carbohydrate load. Nevertheless, it is an excellent substitute for white rice or brown rice."

Page 269: "Wild Rice - enjoy in moderation (instead of white or brown rice)."

So, maybe you mixed up regular rice and wild rice thinking they were one in the same.

I don't know if this will change your thinking - but I feel better knowing I haven't been denying myself something that I was actually allowed to eat! I can't even COUNT the number of curry meals that I eaten over veggies instead of rice! I'm going to go buy some wild rice now!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Okay - I knew I wasn't nuts!

Primal Blueprint - page 7 paragraph 2 "In the Primal Blueprint, you will learn why eating a low-fat diet rich in grains like wheat, rice, bread, pasta and cereal can easily make you fat and malnourished."

Page 110 under avoid poisonous things: "Eliminate: sugary foods and beverages, grains (wheat, corn, rice, pasta, breads, cereals, etc.)"

Page 136: "Wild Rice - Even though wild rice is a high-protein, gluten-free, high-nutritional-value natural species of grass, it is still technically a grain that has a relevant carbohydrate load. Nevertheless, it is an excellent substitute for white rice or brown rice."

Page 269: "Wild Rice - enjoy in moderation (instead of white or brown rice)."

So, maybe you mixed up regular rice and wild rice thinking they were one in the same.

I don't know if this will change your thinking - but I feel better knowing I haven't been denying myself something that I was actually allowed to eat! I can't even COUNT the number of curry meals that I eaten over veggies instead of rice! I'm going to go buy some wild rice now!
    I wonder where I read that rice is a grass then...

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    OOPS. I was replying to an earlier post that congress should have to work for free until this whole budget crisis BS is over. Guess I forgot to hit reply w/ quote

I am so glad things are looking up for you! You sound so positive. You are doing a lot to improve your life. Yea you!!

???
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    OOPS. I was replying to an earlier post that congress should have to work for free until this whole budget crisis BS is over. Guess I forgot to hit reply w/ quote

I am so glad things are looking up for you! You sound so positive. You are doing a lot to improve your life. Yea you!!
    Understand now. Sadly, WE aren't even allowed to work for free b/c it is illegal in some federal statute, so I can just about guarantee that it's even more illegal for Congressional persons to work for free. I think minimum wage should be written into the statutes. i.e. "If Congress can't get their heads out of their asses and make decisions in a timely manner regarding the budget and sequestration, they will have to work minimum wage to prevent layoffs of the government workforce."

And thank you for the cheerleading. The money stuff is getting easier now that we have a few things paid off and out of the way. It's definitely helping improve my mood. I think the sunshine and impending spring are also helping. As well as the 5-htp.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Thank you Congress... not only will I have to come up with $3,000 to cover my lost wages, but you're also stealing 12 hours of leave from me... you guys are bastards! Just sayin'.

PS. When do YOUR pay cuts start???
    People who are self-employed, as I am, get reamed every year.

canio6 Guest
    "If Congress can't get their heads out of their asses and make decisions in a timely manner regarding the budget and sequestration, they will have to work minimum wage to prevent layoffs of the government workforce."
    It should be like Israel - no budget? Automatic election.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It should be like Israel - no budget? Automatic election.
    Gotta say... that's a good idea. Would definitely light a fire under their asses.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wonder where I read that rice is a grass then...
    Well, he does say WILD rice is a grass, but the seed part is technically a grain.

I just read through the link that you posted - seems Mark sometimes waivers on his opinions. I took it to say - rice is a grain, but the least offensive of all grains - so if you eat every once in a while, don't sweat it - but don't make it a staple. I'd take that to mean, a cup of rice once a month is not going to kill you. Not sure what rice noodles does to the whole thing. They are processed, and what else is in them besides rice? At the end of the post he did say if you're trying to lose weight - don't eat rice at all. Not even wild rice. Which means I won't be buying any of that either.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation