Page 274 of 579 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 5783

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 274

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Speaking as the neighbor of a Harley owner, I will wish the burning of a thousand suns on you if you get that loud exhaust. If I wanted to hear something like that, I'd turn the dryer on.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Speaking as the neighbor of a Harley owner, I will wish the burning of a thousand suns on you if you get that loud exhaust. If I wanted to hear something like that, I'd turn the dryer on.
    It won't be loud like a Harley... I can't stand Harleys b/c of how loud they are. Think loud like a Dodge Ram diesel.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm not a fan of hearing that go down the block, either. Noise= inefficiency. A perfectly efficient machine would be room temperature and make absolutely no noise.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm not a fan of hearing that go down the block, either. Noise= inefficiency. A perfectly efficient machine would be room temperature and make absolutely no noise.
    hmmm Hugo Chavez is waaaaay efficient then.....

Dictators are more like kids: you want them up and making noise, because when they're quiet, there's trouble brewing.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Well, Jon, luckily for both of us, you're not my gate guard. And secondly, I rarely ever drive Brad's truck to work. I drive 35 miles one way and the cost of diesel is expensive. I typically only drive my Fusion to work.
    Good, because I might actually have felt bad for wishing a painful sexually transmitted disease on you.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

So Brad found a 4 wheeler on Craigslist. It was won by a gal in a divorce. She's selling it for $1900. It's a $7,000 4 wheeler. It's a 750cc with winch and plow. It's the exact same thing we had that we sold for lack of use - just a different brand. It'll be shipped to us for free b/c someone else already secured the shipping but was unable to get his loan, and for whatever reason the shipping was not refunded. So, she said if he wants to look at it, she'll ship it up. He can look at it, decide if he wants to buy it, and if he does, we send her payment via ebay. If not, we refuse shipment and send it back. Seems pretty decent to me. I was really really really not interested until I saw the pics. Seeing the pics got me excited. What can I say... country girls love 4 wheelers.

Brad has a point... we're buying it for $1,900. It'll be paid off. It's worth $7,000. If we decide we don't want it, we can trade it for a boat (there's a dealership here that deals in both boats and ATVs, so he's got a point) or sell it and use the money as a down payment on my next car. He'll use it to push snow and to move around at the race track (parts trailer is a LONG way from where he parks his racing trailer and fuel jugs are heavy!!). He had an answer for all of my questions and objections... I wish we were getting a boat, but like he said - we only went fishing 3 times last year. He'll be able to use the 4 wheeler every week, sometimes 2 nights a week. So, I caved.

And we can use it for dragging deer out of the timber if we kill one (or hopefully more) next fall.

We'll still have $600 left to put toward the credit card, which is still more than we had originally planned for the debt payoff. Can't really complain I guess.

Besides... it's camou. That's all he would have needed to say...

Edited to add: NADA.com says it's worth $7,949.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 03-08-2013 at 01:47 PM.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good deal and a win-win for both of you.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The book says rice is ok, though...
    buggers! for the past year I've given up rice cuz I thought I read that its a GRAIN! I'm going to read the book again
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    buggers! for the past year I've given up rice cuz I thought I read that its a GRAIN! I'm going to read the book again
    This is Mark's take on rice: Is Rice Unhealthy? | Mark's Daily Apple