Page 272 of 584 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 5832

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 272

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Poor doggy! Keep in mind that sometimes changing their food will result in some diarrhea too. It might be a messy couple of weeks

Impressive charts!!! I thought I tracked too much!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, I made all those graphs in a matter of minutes using Excel.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

For the last few days, I have been really craving this - it's more a mouth craving. It's not like regular mac & cheese. This is AMAZING. I usually add tuna. I think on a non-primal day in the future, I'll make it using rice noodles. And if I make it with homemade cream of mushroom, it'll be pretty stinking close to primal... right? Rice is primal, so rice noodles should be too, right? Or maybe I can make it with rice instead of noodles... hmmm... *thinkingthinking*

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Slippery elm powder is great for diarreoah, for us and our pets. You can mix it in with his food. Its very soothing to the digestive system (also works for constipation too, awesome thing that it is But yes diet change can sometimes do this.
    But might give him some relief in the mean time

Great downward trend on the measurements.

We have had problems with him for months. The vet says it's the equivalent to human IBS. He's even had blood in his stools which the doctor says is common for this ailment. He's 9 years old and doctor said he's not surprised by this as it's pretty common for older dogs. He said hamburger and rice will be easier on his intestinal tract than dog food (with the exception of the low-res version that is incredibly expensive). We are going to wait to see if this episode was resultant of the garbage he got into or if it's related to the IBS. I think we're planning to start changing his diet this weekend if the episodes continue.

Having been on two 10 day courses of antibiotics, I'm sure his probiotic count is way low, so foraging through the garbage for rotten scraps would probably upset his biology a bit. We'll see what happens. I haven't gotten a text yet to indicate there was a mess in the house (we isolate the dogs in the laundry room so they don't trash the house while we're gone. I wish we could trust them to roam without getting into stuff) so I'm assuming he was fine today.

Realized at 3 that I hadn't yet eaten lunch. Wasn't hungry. Now at 3:38 my tummy is a rumbling and grumbling... Might have some bouillon to tide me over til dinner. I have class tonight so I'll be dining at the elustrious Village Inn. Eggs and bacon folks... eggs and bacon!! Ok, probably not bacon b/c it'll be sweetened - How about a Denver omelet instead?

Got purple on the stick! Can't believe it happened already! Let the weight loss begin!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Rice is primal, so rice noodles should be too, right? Or maybe I can make it with rice instead of noodles... hmmm... *thinkingthinking*
    Technically rice is a grain - not primal. Remember if you have to cook it to eat it - its not primal.

Yeah for purple!
    Last edited by tomi; 03-07-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

The book says rice is ok, though...

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Technically rice is a grain - not primal. Remember if you have to cook it to eat it - its not primal.

Yeah for purple!
    You have to cook chicken to eat it....so....

From what I have read on the site, white rice is relatively inoffensive. It is empty starch calories but generally does not come with the issues of wheat and other grains. It seems to be a gray area - not as good as potatoes but better than the other grains/legumes. Many people eat rice on carb refeed days or just regular days if they are doing carbs/starches and do not react badly to it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I just remember Mark's argument in the book being that rice is a grass, not a grain.

Day 5 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox/EMF Keto Experiment. Going well. Cravings seem to be dwindling.

Mood is elevated. I'm less cynical and am more apt to see the positive side. For instance, a fork truck at Brad's plant hit the sprinkler system, setting it off and flooding the place with water. He said the whole plant is shut down to clean up the mess. I told him that while it sucks to clean up water, at least he'll be busy all day long and the time will go by faster. I've been doing a lot of this "bright side" thinking recently. But I've also been taking the 5-htp regularly too. I take it twice a day now. At or around 3 pm I take 150 mg. At bedtime, I take another 100 mg.

Sleep last night was good. I fell asleep about midnight (had class last night) and remained asleep until 5ish when Brad woke me to say goodbye for work. I fell asleep again quickly until 6 when Makenna made an appearance next to my bed. Not looking forward to daylight savings time. They were talking on the radio about a study that was done on the cost of the lost hour of sleep. They said that as a whole the US stands to lose 433 MILLION DOLLARS in lost productivity. That averages out to be $1.65 per person - doesn't seem like much... but they also said that the Monday after the spring time change, the average number of heart attacks jumps to 23 compared to the normal of 13. That's some serious stuff there! I've never understood the purpose behind daylight savings time. I was told it has something to do with farmers, but whether the farmers work in the morning or in the evening, they're still getting the same number of daylight hours... why does the entire country have to suffer b/c of the farming community? Why can't they just get up an hour earlier and leave us to slumber? And given there are 800,000 government employees and the government is already broke, it really can't stand to lose productivity. Anyhow, I can see this study raising some concern over the validity of daylight savings time and possibly push for it's abolishment. I would sign that petition! I hate losing that hour of sleep. Those were just some interesting facts I'd heard this morning and felt they were valid for our discussions here.

Today would be my brother's birthday if he hadn't been born entirely too early. I believe he'd be 22 today... and if so, that would mean my parents got pregnant right after their marriage (or possibly before??). I will have to check with my stepmom regarding his birth year, but I'm pretty sure it was 1991 b/c I think we (in passing) celebrated his 21st birthday last year (celebrated as in made mention of it while already together for something else). Which reminds me. I need to make a point to call my parents today. I imagine it's a rather tough day for them. He was my stepmom's first child and my dad's first son. I also need to verify the dates of the other 3 losses. </3

My jeans are fitting better today... they're still not back to comfortable, but they went on easier straight out of the dryer. I didn't need a shoe horn or a fancy dance to get them on. They're still snug and digging a bit in the waistband. Hopefully it won't be much longer before they're fitting well again.

Brad decided on a whim to possibly sell the boat. We have a 17 ft, extra wide, extra deep Lowe with a Coast Guard bow. It's the tank of fishing boats. It was sold to us by a guy who used it for lake fishing, so it had a trolling motor and a 9.9 hp Johnson on it. We use it in a river with a pretty quick current. It's long, heavy, deep and has too small of a motor, so Brad has been talking about getting a new motor for years (we bought the boat 5 years ago) but it's never been in the budget to get a new one. So, out of the blue he decided to post it on a Facebook forum to see what he could get out of it. Some guy offered him $2500. Keep in mind, we only paid $3,000 for it 5 years ago! So, he took the offer. The guy comes to pick up the boat today. Quite honestly, I'm not sure I'm happy about selling the boat. Especially since Brad plans to buy a 4wheeler with the money - if he can find one. I'd rather NOT buy something else that we'll only use for a portion of the year and maybe pay down some debt with it. I guess we'd use a 4 wheeler more than just once or twice a year, but every time we've bought one, he's gotten frustrated that we have no place to ride it and ends up selling it. He says he wants it to push snow... snows over, honey! Whatever... I don't think I have much of a say anyway.

I suppose I've rambled enough. Happy Friday to all.