Page 270 of 579 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 5783

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 270

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    fat-225x300.jpg

I think you should celebrate 28 lbs! Look at how much it really is!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I'm all about simplicity!

I thought about greens, but I'm the only one who would eat them and I'm not very good at it. I'm a salad eater when we go out, but not much at home.

Just got back from the gym. Ran a mile. Walked .47, then did my 1 mile to and from the gym. Felt good to run. Almost easy. It went by quickly too.

As I was running, the tvs were on at the gym. One was set to CNN and they talked about this article: Surrogate offered $10,000 to abort baby - CNN.com I read the article b/c the tvs were on mute so all I had where the captions at the bottom of the screen. I am not sure how I would react in this situation... craziness!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    fat-225x300.jpg

I think you should celebrate 28 lbs! Look at how much it really is!
    Thanks Kymma. That boosted my spirits a bit. I have been rather bummed about gaining some of the weight back and in the grand scheme of things, 28 lbs in a year isn't that much... it's only 2 lbs per month. It's disheartening b/c I had lost all 38 lbs in 5 short months, then hit a plateau and kind of lost my steam. Working on building it back up tho b/c it's time!!

Very tired today... Sleep was poor, kids were not sleeping well either. I am fully in sugar withdrawal for sure. Thinking the body is running low on glucose too. Just feel worn out. Day 3 of the sugar detox/EMF, so it's to be expected.

Yesterday I ate a LOT of calories. Over 2000. But, according to my armband, I burned 680 calories in excess of my BMR, so that also makes sense.

Squashed a sugar craving last night with Kill Everything Tea. Is there anything this tea CAN'T DO??

Dinner last night was pretty good. I stretched the recipe from 2 chicken thighs to 8 without increasing the other ingredients, which I think dulled the taste of those other ingredients. Honestly, b/c of my stretching, I didn't do the recipe justice - it wasn't garlicy enough. I will make it again, but I will increase the spices, butter and garlic.

The brussels sprouts were good and the carrots were awesome!

I got all the recipes from The Food Lovers Kitchen.
    Chive Butter Chicken
    Roasted Baby Carrots
    Roasted Brussels Sprouts

But I used olive oil instead of coconut. I'm sure coconut oil would have made it tasty too, but with a slightly sweeter taste maybe?

Anyhow... I have GOT to get my paper done today. I have 2 pages left. I can do this if I stay off the boards. I'll check in later.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Good luck!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Done. My critique of the United Way's strategic plan is done. As are all the other individual requirements for this class. I rest assured I completed this course with a solid A. Now I can focus on my thesis, which is due VERY soon.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    What will you do with all your spare time when you are not longer taking classes? Hopefully you will be able to translate that degree into a more fullfilling job - and the spare time will not be an issue?

Good job on the detox! I've yet to try to KE tea. I think I'm pretty much free from the sugar cravings. It helps to get totally killed by pain just by eating 4 oreos. Sugar is the least of my worries these days. I wish I would get such a bad reaction from rum! HA!! That would probably break the weekend partaking very quickly!

Have a great day! Hope the thesis writing is going well.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Hi Tomi!! It will be nice to not have to worry about going to class at night anymore. Being home every night with my husband and kids will be great.

As far as what will I do at work?? lol I'll start taking some specific job required training. The government has levels of education that must be completed that translate directly into experience to hold certain positions here. While I am not in any of those positions and am not required to take the training, I will take it anyway so I am more prepared to take any possible positions that come up. Having my master's degree and being level 1 or level 2 certified at work will help me acquire a different job tremendously. That is what I plan to do after I complete this thesis.

Trouble is, those courses are INCREDIBLY boring and hard to give your full attention to b/c they're online and they're audible courses - slide shows with audio. This makes it hard to fully ingest (for me anyway) due to all the distractions around me - others in the office talking, MDA, email, etc. I find myself listening to slides over and over again - and the worst part is that the tests requires 100% accuracy for passing, so you HAVE to absorb the materials - both written and spoken. It's not going to be fun... but I want a job that is a bit more important that phone answerer and safe unlocker, so ya gotta do what ya gotta do, ya know?

Anyhow, I think I might look at my thesis for a bit...

No I won't... haha I didn't bring any of my research materials with me today. YAY!! INTERNET PLAY DAY!! lol

How many people here like ThirtyOne Gifts or Pampered Chef? I'm having a 31 Gifts party simply b/c of the hostess gift (it's an insulated cake pan carrier that holds two 13x9 inch pans (one can be cold, one can be hot and both will remain the same temp)) and someone else is trying to talk me into hosting a Pampered Chef catalog party.

Trying to decide if I want to do the Pampered Chef thing... They have a new cookbook "Pampered Chef Favorites made gluten free" that I'm interested in. She said she'd give me that as the hostess gift if I had a catalog party. Thing is, the cookbook is only $8 and I'm not sure all that work is worth an $8 cookbook with 19 recipes in it, ya know? There are other hostess perks as well, but only after you 'sell' a certain dollar amount. I've come up with $75 worth of stuff I would like to buy if I didn't host a party - but I would have to buy it in chunks given the current financial constraints thanks to our gubmint. So... I'm not sure what I want to do.

Anyone looking for any Pampered Chef stuff? Or even a Thirty One bag? Let me know if you are. Might help me make the decision of whether or not to do the party.