Page 269 of 593 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 269

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Next thing, you'll be showing us pics of all your canning projects. So cool!
    I'm excited!

Brad is taking this to a whole new level though... he wants to do raised beds b/c they look nicer. I agree... but... I was hoping to keep this simple and easy, not get all crazy and spend a bunch of money doing it. He seems to think we can get paver blocks for pretty cheap at a surplus store, but then there's the whole dirt thing. A load of top soil is $150.

I say this year we do a simple in the ground garden with compost etc, and call it good. But a friend of mine on Facebook who is a hobbyist farmer says raised beds are the way to go... so I guess we'll be doing some shopping to see what things cost.

Today is my 1 year paleo/primal-versary. In one year I lost and kept off 28 lbs. Not real impressive given how quickly it was falling off in the beginning and given that I had made it to 38 lbs... But, I'm down 2 lbs since yesterday, so I know this gain is only temporary.

Don't think I slept very well last night. Brady woke up at 1 and then Makenna woke up about 1:30 and didn't sleep well after that. She ended up sleeping in our bed after a while and she seems to think she has to sleep ON me when she sleeps with me. She kept getting closer and closer to me no matter how far I'd move over, until I ran completely out of bed. Then Brady came in and wanted to sleep with the 3 of us. So there were 4 of us in the bed. Hoping tonight brings better sleep for all of us.

It's snowing... again. This time we have about 4 inches on the ground and it's still snowing. Looking at 8 inches of show in the forecast. Brady's school closed for the day so he's at my SIL's house playing.

I made a fat bomb last night that was a miserable failure. Going to try again tonight. My favorite part of a boiled egg is the white. I'm finding it very annoying that I can't eat the white if I want to keep my protein in check.

Day 2 is off to a fine start... I'm off to read some journals now. For a little while. I want to get this paper done today so I can officially call myself done with Strategic Planning.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    As far as rabbit control goes, I used to buy a Costco sized garlic powder/granules and sprinkle it around what I was protecting. It works! Combining that with fencing and fewer marigolds would be doable.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

canio6 Guest
    28 pounds off and kept off is not shabby at all.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    As far as rabbit control goes, I used to buy a Costco sized garlic powder/granules and sprinkle it around what I was protecting. It works! Combining that with fencing and fewer marigolds would be doable.
    I was considering garlic powder too. Brad wants to do a fence, but if he does a fence on a raise bed, I'll never be able to work on it! lol

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Fencing would have to be around the whole area. Why not do this year with interplanting marigolds with the crops and using the garlic powder, no fence. You could always modify next year. I wonder if rabbits would be deterred by onions or chives?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Fencing would have to be around the whole area. Why not do this year with interplanting marigolds with the crops and using the garlic powder, no fence. You could always modify next year. I wonder if rabbits would be deterred by onions or chives?
    I will be planting onions and garlic. Hadn't thought about chives! Will have to plan some of them too.

For the size of my garden, I would need 86 marigolds according to the Almanac Garden Planner (I posted a pic a page back or so). 86 marigolds is a lot of marigolds. Are they easy to grow? What if the soil sucks? I haven't had it tested. We have a lot of clay around our house.

I need this snow to go away so I can walk around out back and find a good spot.

Trying the bouillon with butter for the first time... smells interesting... I hope it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Trying the bouillon with butter for the first time... smells interesting... I hope it's good.
    Ok, it's interesting... I'll say that much. I'll drink it and soak up the fat, but next time I'll probably opt for no butter. It's take a bit of willpower to drink with the butter in it.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I used to do that with my broth and it was interesting to say the least. I like the bouillon with the broth and the butter in my coffee better.
    Georgette

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How about some greens in your garden? For a spring, and then fall crop.

I vote for regular garden this year, and raised beds next, when you have the money again. It does take some cash to do them right.