Page 268 of 584 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 5833

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 268

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    House.jpg

Here is a pic of what I'm planning for garden placement.

All of that is ours from left street to right street.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    We getting ready to set up our new garden too! We're doing a raised bed with some timbers that didn't get used on the pergola. It will be 18" high and 5x20' Not settled on what we'll grow yet - for sure, several kinds of squash, some red peppers, a few red onions and maybe broc and cauliflower. Oh and carrots. Not sure if I'll have room for all that or not. Squash take a LOT of space!

Good luck with your detox and EMF month! I'm working on staying focused on the goal!

Yeah for union reps! Fridays off will be wonderful during the summer!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Oh squash and pumpkins!!! I had forgotten about those! I saved some pumpkin seeds from last year's jack-o-lanterns that I plan to plant. I don't care if they're GMO or not. lol

Maybe I need larger than 16x10...

I read at the Almanac's website not to use pressure treated lumber for a raised bed. It didn't say why. Might be because of the chemicals used to treat leeching into the soil? Might be something to look at.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    They aren't pressure treated - just 4x6 rough sawed timbers. But you're right - the chemicals do leach into the soil.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

My proposed garden plot. We'll see how it works out.

May have to find some cheap fencing as 84 marigolds might get a bit pricy...

Garden2013.png

I showed Brad a pic of the compost mixer I want to make and he said he can get the big blue barrels from work for free. They have some kind of powdered solvent in them that we'd have to be sure to get out (he says they're labeled so we can probably find instructions online). He said if the powder was dangerous in any way they wouldn't be able to let the guys take them home... we'll see. If they won't work, I'll just take them to the dump. He's going to bring me 3 of them - 2 for water collection and 1 for composting.

He says he has a better place for my garden b/c the place I chose has super hard soil. Says he's going to show it to me tonight. I'm excited that he's so excited about this! Normally whenI want to plant something, he's all negative about having something else to mow around. This is very not like him. I like it!

If Brad's barrels are unusable, I found a guy about an hour from home who has food grade blue barrels for sale for $15 each. I'm sure Brad's are food grade too (since his company works in the mouth wash and tooth paste business), but we'll have to see. Plan to paint them black (for the compost anyway) to attract heat. Might paint the water barrels a neutral color so they're not a bold cobalt blue against the house. Brad will have to drill holes to install spigots.

Oh, this is shaping up to be a very nice weekend project for us!!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Looks like a very nice garden indeed. So, when is harvest so we can all show up to partake in your hard labor?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Problem is I've never been especially successful at growing a garden, so let's aim for everyone pigging out next year! Let me get a good year in first.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like a plan!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Next thing, you'll be showing us pics of all your canning projects. So cool!
    Georgette