Page 267 of 579 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 5783

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 267

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I just took the 2013 Health Assessement for the Blueprint for Healthy Living Procter & Gamble Health Initiative. I scored 88 out of 100 possible health points.

The assessment is unhappy with:
    BMI - no shit
    Dietary fat - hahahahahahahahahahahahaaha
    Stress - me too
    Physical activity - apparently P&G and Blue Cross Blue Shield do not agree with Mark in that frequent moderate activity and occasional high intensity activity is most beneficial to maintaining optimal health.

It is very happy with:
    cholesterol
    triglycerides
    blood pressure
    blood glucose
    tobacco use
    alcohol use
    seat belt use
    fruit/veggie intake

I purposely told it I was not depressed/anxious anymore b/c I don't want those damned nurses calling me every month. And I told it that I am happy with my current weight loss plan and intend to stick with it b/c it has become an easy part of my life. bwahahahahaha
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Ford Edge's are very, very nice. I have 2 friends that each have one and they love them. I would get one.
    I have always admired the crossover and vowed to get one one day. Now that Ford has one and it's so similar to my Fusion (same chassis, etc), I am stoked and excited to eventually own one. I was considering getting an F150 or an Explorer, but I want to stick with similar gas mileage so as not to completely up-end my budget, so the Edge it is. Now to just sit and wait and hope it doesn't sell before I'm ready (or that I can find another with similar numbers).

Doing another assessment (this time for my insurance policy). I don't think they're going to like that I spend 15 minutes or more daily outside, in the sun without protective clothing, shade or sunscreen... gotta get my Vitamin D, ya know...

And it's not liking that I don't eat grains and have no intentions of increasing my grain consumption - or reducing my saturated fat consumption...

I am saddened but not surprised that they lump trans fats and saturated fats into the same category.

hahahahaha On the 2nd assessment, I scored a 66 out of 100. It seems my diet could use an overhaul b/c food is fuel. lol

"Your diet could use an overhaul. Food is fuel. The better you eat, the healthier you’ll be. With your motivation and confidence, focusing on your diet can help your overall health."

Of course, it says to lower my saturated fat intake and to increase my grains intake... um, no thanks.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Mainstream health advice........... I don't think so. At least you got a laugh - and the bonus $ us a big plus!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Got the official notice that we will be furloughed for 22 days starting the week of April 22. My first furlough day is 26 April. I get every Friday off through September 20. Back to 5 day work weeks on September 23. Is it wrong that I'm rather excited about this? I have so many plans for those Fridays.

I decided today that I'm going to plant an organic garden. I found 3 sources for organic seeds and requested catalogs. I can't wait to start working on it. I think I may have even decided on a place to set the garden, but I am not sure I want it as far away from the house as it would be. I want to do a compost pile (tumbler if possible) and rain barrels and think maybe the garden would be too far away from the house to make that real easy. It'd be a lot of hoses for the barrels and to take scraps that far from the house every day would be annoying after a while. Closer would definitely be nice, but I worry about the garden having too much sun once the season gets really hot and the place I'd put the garden would be good for partial shade throughout the day. Need to keep thinking about it.

I heard organic strawberries are very expensive and that after a couple of growing seasons, strawberries are considered organic even if the seeds are conventional. This is good news b/c I have had my strawberries for two growing seasons now. Plan to move them to the earth this year though so they produce fruits. Haven't gotten any fruits out of them the last two years. I'm going to put them in my flower bed, I think, but that'll require the use of a fence to keep the rabbits out of them. Or, maybe I can find an organic animal repellant. I hear garlic works well. I'll have to research it b/c I really don't want to surround everything with fences. Kind of takes away from the beauty of gardens.

I'm super stoked for this gardening season.

Day 1 is today. Started the 21 Day Sugar Detox and EMF protocol again today. Tomorrow is my 1 year Primal anniversary. Wish I didn't have 12 extra pounds from my lowest on me... Oh well. Maybe March will provide a 12 lbs loss.

I'm going to keep track of some things while doing this round of EMF and 21 DSD. The first thing - condition of my skin. I have had some serious breakouts recently! Not sure if it's diet related or hygiene related (using coconut oil as a moisturizer - is that causing the breakouts??).

Second thing: inches. I will sneak into the bathroom later to take my inches. I'm sure I'm up from previous weeks, which is sad, but it's a new start, so might as well have new inches.

I'll keep track of sleep with the body media armband. May or may not report on it. Haven't decided.

On April 21 I'll have my next cholesterol check. It'll be interesting to see what EMF does to that. Might also get A1c checked just for shits and grins.

Last week of one of my classes. Have a paper to finish up. Hoping to get that done by tomorrow afternoon.

Off to a meeting. Have a good Monday, everyone!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Ah, that means we should get ours soon as well, as we were told the same date. I'm off on Mondays. Have fun with your gardening. Totally jealous!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I got what I wanted without having to even ask for it. The union said they opted for Fridays off for everyone to avoid the seniority argument that would come from half on Friday, half on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday that would ensue. The union rep said she was trying for a split schedule to avoid the hardships the cafeteria staff and janitorial staff might experience with a one day a week straight across the board furlough, but said that those organizations are not served by this union, so she had to disregard their feelings/needs when considering ours. She said this was better for us as employees b/c there'll be no fighting over who should get what days. And Friday works oh so well for me. Love my union rep. I used to actually work with her at my previous job. She's a good lady.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, nice union rep you have there. I'm glad it worked out for you
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

In reading up on garden plotting and all that, I learned that rabbits do not like marigolds and I should plant them around the perimeter of my garden.

It said a good size starter garden is 16x10 foot. It has to have good drainage and good soil. I plan to compost to help the soil. The best place I can think of right now is right smack in the middle of our backyard. We have some elevated ground in the middle of the yard that remains relatively dry when the rest of the yard is saturated (we have a high water table under our yard - it's only 5 ft below the surface - learned this when digging our basement). But, that's not the most ideal location in that it's right in the middle of our yard! The dogs run through there, the kids run through there. It would be in the way when Brad's moving boats and the trailer around... maybe I'll do the south side of the house in the "street" after all (the street is where a street would be located on the city map, but is not currently used... well a local farmer uses it, but we mow it, so we consider it ours. He can use the paved street. ).

I like the 16x10 idea. Guess I better get some marigold seeds and starts some wee plants to growing.