Page 266 of 580 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 5796

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 266

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    No, they're too busy bitching about how they aren't being paid enough. I still say that if anyone has to go on furlough, it should be the fucking chairwarmers in Washington. Y'know,the 90 year old man that decides yea or nay based on what the drools coming out of his mouth. Or maybe the dumbass who can't keep his fucking mouth shut or backwards laws off my body. Put those on furlough (which leaves the 5% who actually have ANY capacity to make a real decision) and watch the rest make a quick decision and watch the money roll into the treasury. Problem solved.
    They're overpaid anyways. I've long held that that position should be paid minimum wage. If they can't survive on minimum wage, maybe minimum wage should be raised to something livable.
    This. TOTALLY this.
    Georgette

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hey Happy Friday!

Face issues: I say its the coconut oil - does the same thing to me. I used to wash my face at night and then put coconut oil on my face and in my hair - I started breaking out just like you've described. Also on my neck and upper back where my hair would lay. I don't know whats in it that my skin doesn't like, it was obviously not happy. For YEARS I have washed my face, morning and evening, with a baby wipe. Takes of all the make up and daily grime, and exfoliates at the same time. I also use Oil of Olay (the original) and my face is never dry. I buy the huge box of wipes at Cosco and they will last about 2 years (hubby uses them too - hey big boys need clean tooshes too!) I RARELY get a breakout.

The furlough thing sucks - but big high fives for putting that money aside to fill in the gap! Nice going!

I never did start the vitex. I read a bunch of stuff that was all conflicting information about how it is for post-menopausal women. So, I decided to pass. Libido is still not there.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    So February wasn't that great of a month for me... Mid-month I went out to dinner with DH and another couple. I indulged. I gained 6 lbs. Remained derailed for the rest of that weight and gained 5 more lbs. Then lost 3 overnight, but gained 1 back... so I'm up 9 lbs for the month. Whoo freaking hoo...

I feel so crappy today. My belly is still bloated from the bloat bomb I ate yesterday. I know this food item is a bloat bomb, but I ate it anyway. Pants don't fit and that makes me very uncomfortable and, quite honestly, depressed. There was a time in February when they were too big...

Why is it so hard to get back on track when we've slipped?? What's really bothersome about it is that I was doing so so well! I lost 11 lbs in January! I lost inches in February - I could SEE the loss in the mirror. Then I let myself eat things that I knew would prevent success. And now, I need to get back on track, and I want to see success again, but I'm so discouraged by how I feel that I don't want to put the effort in.

Sometimes the brain sucks!

So, tomorrow night we are attending two fundraising parties. I totally don't want to go. There will be food there I don't want to face. But I am going to do what I can to avoid them. I'm going to start reading the Fat Fast Cookbook. Glean all the info out of it that I can, look at the recipes and get excited to try them. I will drink bouillon til it's flowing out of my ears. I will break this cycle and feel good again. I have to for my health, but more importantly, for my MENTAL health.

Day 1 folks... Another day 1... and with hard work and determination, it'll be my LAST Day 1.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I've heard this tip for facing those social situations where the food choices are totally outside of our acceptable limits: fill up on healthy primal food before you go. I've tried it and it really works. At least once a week we have lunch brought to the office by drug reps - its always pasta this or sandwich that! There is always cookies or cheesecake! (and you know those are my weaknesses) I have to walk past the table filled with no-no foods to get to the bathroom............ As long as I've eaten just before going to work - I have NO issues with that table. But if I'm hungry at all......... OMGosh.......... I have struggles! I've only given in once in the 2 years I've been working there. Sometimes I have to avoid using the bathroom just so I don't go by the food table!!!

So - eat before you go, and at all cost - stay away from the food tables. You can do this! Get back into that whole30 mentality - you did so good on that!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Hey Happy Friday!

Face issues: I say its the coconut oil - does the same thing to me.
    This makes me sad...

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I never did start the vitex. I read a bunch of stuff that was all conflicting information about how it is for post-menopausal women. So, I decided to pass. Libido is still not there.
    I need to try it again. In fact, I'll take it right now.

Personally, I moisturize with the CO and have really 0 issues with acne flare ups. I had a small one zit pop up on my upper lip and I put some regular white Colgate toothpaste on it and it was gone.
    Georgette

Found a car I like... 2010 Ford Edge SEL with 20k for mileage. It's got all the features I want and it's BLACK!

But I'm going to sit on it and wait... I really really REALLY want the Citibank card to be paid off before we buy a new car... and even if this one gets sold before we reach that point, black 2010 Edges are plentiful... but the mileage and price on this one are awesome with a payment smaller than the truck! lol

With any luck, this car will still be there when I finally get this card paid off.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    LMAO at the USAJobs site. That is so true.

Crossing my fingers the car is still there.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Ford Edge's are very, very nice. I have 2 friends that each have one and they love them. I would get one.
    Georgette