Page 265 of 593 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 265

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've long held that that position should be paid minimum wage. If they can't survive on minimum wage, maybe minimum wage should be raised to something livable.
    I've heard the other argument - that they should be paid millions. The idea being that the best and brightest go into business because politics does not pay enough. Of course, that is bullshit as their salaries are but a minor part of the millions they make from connections/shady deals.

I would be less inclined to be annoyed about the furlough if it was not all smoke and mirrors. I heard the other day that the feds are actually spending $18 billion more this year than last, yet we all got paid last year. How is that not happening when they have $18 billion more? Also, I heard that the defense budget is actually increasing so why the need to cut?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It was originally meant as a threat to get Congress up off their asses and DO something. Congress doesn't give shit one for the common person or whether they get paid. A better threat would be to make them work without pay while they settle it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    It was originally meant as a threat to get Congress up off their asses and DO something. Congress doesn't give shit one for the common person or whether they get paid. A better threat would be to make them work without pay while they settle it.
    I'm game for this!

Our furloughs don't start until March 31 at the earliest (which is a Sunday, so April 1 at the TRUE earliest). Supposedly the union requires 30 days notice, and even if YOU as a person want to start earlier, you can't.

I wonder when we'll make the decision regard who is off when... I hope they leave it up to the individual offices b/c me and the Deputy Commander are the only two civilians in this office and it won't matter if we're both off on the same day as our duties are vastly different. I'm opting for Fridays off to make racing Friday night easier on us (in regard to rounding up and transporting kids, one vehicle at the track instead of 2, etc...) Logisitically speaking, for our family, Friday would be the most beneficial.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I wonder when we'll make the decision regard who is off when... I hope they leave it up to the individual offices b/c me and the Deputy Commander are the only two civilians in this office and it won't matter if we're both off on the same day as our duties are vastly different.
    I work for the Garrison and the GC here decides who is off when. He deferred it to the individual directorates who then deferred it to the individual areas to decide. I would hope yours would run similarly.

I would hope so too. I work for Army Sustainment Command and I think our CG will pass it off to his Deputy and the Deputy will leave it up to the Commands who will leave it up to the directorates who will leave it up to the sections. Our office is a bit different in that there is only 2 civilians (me and the deputy commander) and she probably won't care when I take time off.

That being said, there are only 31 Fridays left in the Fiscal Year...

We are lovingly referring to them as Civilian Training Holidays.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    We are lovingly referring to them as Civilian Training Holidays.

LOL. Nice.

A guy I used to work with when I was in the Army now works on the Island. He had sent me an email once asking where things are on the island - food, etc. So I sent him an email earlier this week to tell him of a Chinese restaurant in case he likes Chinese. He does. He took my email as an invite to lunch and said "what about next week?"

My intention, starting today, was to work toward NK again... I really don't think this particular restaurant is going to promote NK...

What do I say to him to get out of lunch? It wasn't my intentions to go to lunch with it, just to tell him about the restaurant if he likes Chinese...

This restaurant is a very small 3 person operation so no website with the menu.

Maybe I should just wait til Tuesday to work on EMF again. I feel like a bastard telling him I don't want to go to lunch... advice?

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Keep it grounded in truth. Need to keep regular hours pre furlough?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ugh... but it's not the money that's the factor b/c the place is cheap. You can get lunch for $5. It's that I really want to get back on track...

Maybe I'll just tell him that I don't feel good after eating Chinese food but wanted to share the info with him so he could enjoy it. B/c really, I'll feel like a yucky bloated mess after eat it and honestly won't feel good... yep, that's what I'll do. Shoulda just thought of that before asking. lol