Page 264 of 579 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 5785

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 264

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Now, I am not a mechanic, but if the car has gills, the deal seems fishy.
    You crack me up! Always a witted comment to throw in!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You crack me up! Always a witted comment to throw in!
    Concur...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I am having crazy breakouts on my face! I have a spot on my eyebrow/eyelid that hurts terribly, and two spots on my neck (one under my chin, really, and the other behind my jaw - essentially my neck) (wtf??) and one on my left cheekbone and left upper lip... on and one trying to form by my nose... what the hell is going on? Is this hormonal or dietary? I've never had such a reaction to dietary changes, nor have I had this kind of reaction with hormonal changes. I have never had breakouts in these areas! They're usually on my chin or temples (the nose spot isn't unheard of either, actually).

My skin is incredibly unhappy right now. Face is dry and scaly. I've been "washing" with coconut oil in the mornings (smear it on, wipe off with steamy hot wash cloth) and moisturinzing with coconut oil at night... too much oil, maybe?

Maybe I need to find a Primal detox... this is weird. I don't like it. My skin looks terrible. It's all mottled too - red patches all over on my face (mostly cheeks and forehead) - almost rosache (sp??) like.

Guess I better clean up the diet again...

State refund check came... Paid off two small credit cards (one had a balance of $300, other had balance of $130), paid up on the truck*, and socked the rest of what we need for the furlough into savings. I am so stoked to be getting things paid off! So fun!

This week, we paid off 3 loans, 2 credit cards, and set aside 176 hours worth of my salary into savings. We totally rock!!

*I didn't realize it but I completely skipped the payment in October... no clue in the world what I did. I see I made a double payment on Brad's credit card b/c I screwed up and made two payments within the same billing cycle in August (so both payments applied to August, not one to August and one to September like would happen with a traditional loan), so I had to get caught up in October and I think I intended to pay Brad's truck payment later in the month, but it fell off my radar so no payment was made. Luckily our credit union ROCKS and we get a 30 day grace period before they send you a letter/tell the credit bureau about it so we're still in good graces with them. Next payment due is March 31, so we're golden now.

Thank you Congress... not only will I have to come up with $3,000 to cover my lost wages, but you're also stealing 12 hours of leave from me... you guys are bastards! Just sayin'.

PS. When do YOUR pay cuts start???

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Probably best to stick with diet changes for now. I can't imagine that coconut oil could cause that kind of reaction, but who knows? Could you try mixing olive oil and coconut oil? I recall reading somewhere that sometimes one alone does not work well for people and they have to adjust with castor oil or olive oil until they have a blend that works nicely with their skin.

I would say that hormonal changes and dietary changes at the same time (from Vitex and inconsistent diet) are likely the cause, but only one way to find out (controlled experiment ).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

I would say that hormonal changes and dietary changes at the same time (from Vitex and inconsistent diet) are likely the cause, but only one way to find out (controlled experiment ).
    I could probably blame the vitex if I'd been taking it. lol I keep forgetting to take it, even though I have it in my purse with the 5-htp and have an alarm set to take the 5-htp every day at 3...

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Jenn - just a thought on the MIA friend situation. Have you thought about offering an apology for maybe overwhelming her with too much info? Could be she's just needing to be validated and know that you see her side. That could be all thats keeping the wall up between you. Worth a shot since she's obviously someone very dear to you.
    Sent this to my friend today after your suggestion...

Hi Crystal. Just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope all is well.

Miss you and can't wait to hear from you!

(and if the reason we haven't talked in so long is b/c I pushed info on you, I'm sorry. I was just trying to help)

I worded it that way in the very far off chance that she's not mad at me and is legitimately too busy to shoot a quick email back or answer a text wishing her family safety during a tornado (you know, after it's already passed)... you know, to give her the benefit of the doubt...

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Thank you Congress... not only will I have to come up with $3,000 to cover my lost wages, but you're also stealing 12 hours of leave from me... you guys are bastards! Just sayin'.

PS. When do YOUR pay cuts start???
    April 21st.

Oh, you meant Congress...yeah, apparently that is beneath their dignity. Fuckers.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    No, they're too busy bitching about how they aren't being paid enough. I still say that if anyone has to go on furlough, it should be the fucking chairwarmers in Washington. Y'know,the 90 year old man that decides yea or nay based on what the drools coming out of his mouth. Or maybe the dumbass who can't keep his fucking mouth shut or backwards laws off my body. Put those on furlough (which leaves the 5% who actually have ANY capacity to make a real decision) and watch the rest make a quick decision and watch the money roll into the treasury. Problem solved.
    They're overpaid anyways. I've long held that that position should be paid minimum wage. If they can't survive on minimum wage, maybe minimum wage should be raised to something livable.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome