Page 263 of 583 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 5830

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 263

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    If you're going to boost up to 300mg anyway, you could do 100 or 200mg at the first dose, and the rest at the second? Not ideal, I suppose, but I've split up doses that way before. Usually take the heavier dose earlier. Didn't seem to make me too sleep prior to bed, so I could still make dinner & stuff. [[shrug]]
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Well, I picked up some 50 mg anyway b/c I didn't see your message until now. It will be ok, because maybe there will be days when I don't need 300, and I can get away with 150 or 250, ya know?

I picked up some tea tree oil. Plan to apply it with a q-tip. I have some spots on my face that hurt like the dickens and look like zits, but aren't on the surface. I think it was you that said this is a cyst? There is on on my eyebrow that is really bothersome. it feels like I was punched in the face, actually. VERY tender. I'll use the oil and see what happens.

Almost got pie tonight at dinner. I went to Village Inn and they have that Free Pie Wednesday thing. I wanted coconut cream - b/c I could eat the yummy filling, get some coconut, and avoid the crust... but the fruit pies and the french silk are the only "free" pies, so I opted out. YAY ME! lol

Taking a break from writing my thesis right now. Every other week our class meets in the computer lab to work on our theses and interact with the instructors, ask questions, have things proofed, etc. Professor is reading a section of my paper now. I'm up to 3 pages completed... only 27 more to go! :rofl:
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yeah, I call those cysts. Cystic acne tends to be deep and stay below the surface.

The Mood Cure says that you should stay at a working dose for 2-3 months before decreasing by 50mg and see how that goes. Don't recall right now if there's details about why that is.

Nice work with pie avoidance

Car shopping for the pure fun of it... I'm finding that our local car dealers have WAY higher prices than the dealers listed at AutoTrader.com and TrueCar.com. There was one local dealer that had a USED 2012 Edge for $6,000 MORE than a brand new 2013 Edge with the same options! Stupid crazy and DEFINITELY not where I will be buying my next car.

I think I have decided on the Ford Edge Limited AWD, but will settle for the Limited FWD. I want the Limited b/c I like the idea of having a back-up camera/alert system, the massive sunroof, and the built in garage door opener (even though we don't have garage door openers installed yet - been sitting on the garage floor since we built the house 5 years ago - they WILL be installed this year if I have to do it myself/hire it out). Silly little things I want. lol

But, I won't pay a house payment amount for a car either... if the house payment is more than the payment on Brad's truck, I will have to seriously consider other options. But, that being said, Brad's truck is a 2003 with 100k miles on it (diesel so it's barely broken in) and what I'd be getting is a 2010 or newer... I guess we'll see what the bank has to say first. She's running numbers for me so that I know my price range. Heck, maybe an Edge is still too expensive for our situation.

I'm just happy to be able to shop knowing that in a few months I could be driving a new(ish) car. So, for now I will shop, see what the prices are, make a plan and go from there... No harm in looking on the internet and seeing what dealers are asking for things - research, baby, research.

I am envious of anyone who can get away with wearing white... I don't feel I can get away with it for two reasons - 1.) I'm entirely too large to wear white. White is not a slimming color and it makes me look enormous. 2.) My kids and I are entirely too "unaware" and trash light colored clothes. I could do a perfect job of not getting something on me and one of my kids would do it... or I'd touch the outside of my car and get dirt all over myself... I'm too clumsy for white...

So, envious of those who can wear it and get away with it.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    One of the reasons I like white (although I don't wear it often) is because I can bleach the everliving fuck out of whatever stain I get on it. I still don't wear it very often, because the stains tend to appear at a time I can't change clothes, so I'm walking around with a giant brown splotch on my chest.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I am envious of anyone who can get away with wearing white... I don't feel I can get away with it for two reasons - 1.) I'm entirely too large to wear white. White is not a slimming color and it makes me look enormous. 2.) My kids and I are entirely too "unaware" and trash light colored clothes. I could do a perfect job of not getting something on me and one of my kids would do it... or I'd touch the outside of my car and get dirt all over myself... I'm too clumsy for white...

So, envious of those who can wear it and get away with it.
    I feel your pain on this one. Truth-be-told, very few people can pull off white. Many think they can, but really they can't. I've always wanted to try that 'jeans and a white tshirt' look that James Dean and others did so well, but I end up looking like the Michellin Man. Oh well. Also, given the kid situation, I wonder how any mother wears white.

It does sound like car browsing is going well, and I am sure you know this already but buying a car in an Army town is like looking for a hooker in Thailand...you're going to get the burn no matter how good a deal it seems. (No offense to Thailand intended). At least you have the time and good sense to shop around for a good/safe deal. I wish you the best of luck.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I will likely drive out of town to get a car. I'm thinking 100 miles one way max. There are some pretty decent deals available in Wisconsin. Of course, if we wait til the end of the "model year" (like about August timeframe), then we should get an even better deal.

I've only bought one vehicle in the area around the Arsenal. I usually get them from Iowa City (college town, University hospital town). Their prices aren't much better... but I don't want to go to a super small dealership either b/c they have higher prices to offset the low sales volume... Tricky situation where I live...

I found one that is LOADED to the GILLS with awesome features, and the price is amazing, but I don't trust the dealership... *le sigh* First world problems.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I found one that is LOADED to the GILLS with awesome features, and the price is amazing, but I don't trust the dealership... *le sigh* First world problems.
    Now, I am not a mechanic, but if the car has gills, the deal seems fishy.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I used to never wear white because of clumsiness. Since I don't have regular access to a washing machine, it's not practical now. I've also always felt that it brings out the blue and purple splotches in my skin. I'm generally very pink.