Page 261 of 593 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 261

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Anyhow, to end with some good news... because of yesterday's debt payoffs, our credit union says we are now approved to purchase a new(ish) car for me
    Yay for good news. I really hope it works out for you.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and down 3 lbs this morning. Back to 191... I wish it was 183, but it's not... 8 lbs to go to get back to my Primal Low.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Oh, and down 3 lbs this morning. Back to 191... I wish it was 183, but it's not... 8 lbs to go to get back to my Primal Low.
    At least you are heading in the right direction. Given all the stress you easily could have said, "F' it" and gone for an allout junk fiesta. So good on you for keeping it all nailed down.

Nah, when I get pissed, I clean. lol But I did snack on some strawberries, coconut and chocolate chips with whipped cream last night. Yum!!

canio6 Guest
    Nah, when I get pissed, I clean.
    Oh, in that case, come to my house and get really, really angry.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Oh, in that case, come to my house and get really, really angry.
    lol if I didn't have so much work to do in my own house, I might take you up on that...

Hey, my mom's going to be in AZ next week. Going to Phoenix to the race. Just some random, worthless info for ya. lol

Oh and LOVE your corn syrup quote. lol

canio6 Guest
    lol if I didn't have so much work to do in my own house, I might take you up on that...

Hey, my mom's going to be in AZ next week. Going to Phoenix to the race. Just some random, worthless info for ya. lol

Oh and LOVE your corn syrup quote. lol
    I will wave at your mom from down here in the armpit of AZ

Thanks. I burgled the quote from a video someone posted here. I found it hilarious.

Same could be said for wheat and soy...

DeathStorm2013 Part 2 (or is it Part 3 now?? I can't remember) has started. They're cancelling schools left and right. Brady's school dismisses at 1 pm today. The flakes are still little, but there are a LOT of them and they're sticking. The drive home tonight should be a pleasant one. Was planning to make cube steaks in gravy for dinner tonight, but wondering if I need to change that plan. Cube steaks always take a bit of time between browning them, making the cream of mushroom gravy and then baking them... Hopefully they'll give us some admin time so I can cut out early. Gotta stop at the store and get mushrooms yet...

Class Wednesday and Thursday this week. Blah! Only 2 more weeks of my Strategic Planning class and then I'm down to working on only my thesis... which I really need to get working on. I've blown through 6 weeks and gotten one page written... *sigh*

canio6 Guest
    Hmm...cube steak in gravy. That sounds awesome. Good luck avoiding the worst of the deathstorm.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Jenn - my suggestion to "skim" came from what I remember of your pay-off plan from some time ago. I thought there might be some "gravy" going onto the other debts that could be re-purposed for this one time need. Sorry if I sounded flip about it. I thought there was some extra going out to pay off a few things.

As for Brads habit of bad money usage........... maybe its time for his racing needs to come out of his own allowance? It's his hobby so maybe he should have to be responsible for funding it. Maybe his allowance plus whatever overtime or odd job money could be his to spend on his race car? There has to be a line drawn someplace. But I'm sure figuring out where that line should be will not be easy or pleasant. Purhaps you could suggest a cash only deal -- if the car breaks and theres no money to fix it - then the car sits until the money is gathered. Or take a season off and let Brad figure out how to build a working car fund during that year?

Is he even slightly willing to be more responsible about the finances? Or is he dead set on staying in the same willy-nilly spending style?

I'm sorry you're constantly dealing with this frustration. There's few things harder to deal with in a marriage than how to handle the finances.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation