Page 260 of 584 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 5833

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 260

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Not really here (mentally or behind the keyboard) lately, but just wanted you to know I'm reading! Congrats on the debt payments! I hope the furlough stuff goes better than expected so maybe you can put a bit of savings into the credit card debts.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    So my debt pay off high was squashed. Turns out FIL and MIL paid off their portion too - but no one figured in the interest... Brad told me to pay it. NO! We don't have an extra $100!! He told me 1750. We agreed to 1750 and no more. The racing account should have to cover the last $100... damn it! He promised me!! And I'm calling him out on it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the drama, Jenn, but SO glad to hear you're not preggers!

PHEW!

So, I guess revel in that while the rest of the shit drama swirls around you.

Sorry, it's gotta be rough.

Julie

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    And I'm calling him out on it.
    as you should
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    as you should
    Didn't do any good. Just caused a fight. Whatever. I'm so done. I'll keep trucking b/c that's what I do... but I'm not happy about it, and like all other grievances, it'll get stored away and likely used later - you know, like they say in the Miranda Rights...

Half tempted to get separate checking accounts...

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Didn't do any good. Just caused a fight. Whatever. I'm so done. I'll keep trucking b/c that's what I do... but I'm not happy about it, and like all other grievances, it'll get stored away and likely used later - you know, like they say in the Miranda Rights...

Half tempted to get separate checking accounts...
    Separate accounts might not be a bad idea but will probably lead to another fight.

As for the rest, well, I wish I had something inspiring to say that would make a difference, but frankly, it sucks. All I can do is hope it gets better for you.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Jenn - just a thought on the MIA friend situation. Have you thought about offering an apology for maybe overwhelming her with too much info? Could be she's just needing to be validated and know that you see her side. That could be all thats keeping the wall up between you. Worth a shot since she's obviously someone very dear to you.

As for the race car debt --- that really sucks - but what are gonna do? Skim $100 off a few other things and get it over with. Tell Brad he better explain the details better next time.

Gotta pick your battles, ya know?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Skim $100 off a few other things and get it over with.
    Well, while I do not know Jenn's situation exactly, it is getting to the point for many, especially with furloughs looming, where there is not $100 to skim.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I have a feeling also that this is not the first time her husband hasn't thought a debt all the way through, hence the fury.
    Jenn, I wish I had an answer for you on either of those, but my answers are not ones that would work in y'all's particular cases.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I had created a post yesterday afternoon explaining that this was not the first time it had happened, but I deleted the post.

At the end of last racing season, I was told that there was a debt with "Bud" the parts guy (he allows Brad to 'charge' parts and pay them back b/c Brad has agreed to give him any and all racing "proceeds" checks - those checks he gets for racing - winnings, if you will). Last year's "winnings" were not enough to cover last year's "losses". There was something like $1600 in race car debt. I was initially told we'd owe $700. I made a plan and made it happen. Then when I made my last payment, I was told that we still owed $100 because he and his dad just 'estimated' what was owed.

Additionally, at that time, he rode my ass about getting checks written to Bud b/c he didn't want to leave Bud waiting for money, not taking into consideration that our household bills are WAY more important than his race car debt... so, car payments, groceries, etc, came first in my book, and IF there was anything left over, then Bud could have it. This happens EVERY stinking year. Now, mind you, we don't race to 'make money'. We race b/c my husband has a complex.

Jon is right. Right now, $100 is a LOT of freaking money for us. Every dollar we have has a job and there are no unemployed dollars in our pool. We already pay the minimum payments on things so we can't just skim $100 off of stuff til it gets paid. And if I remember correctly, the loan was due in full this month, so there was no stretching it out for a bit longer (maybe it was due next month... can't remember exactly. They do 6 month notes for the race car). As it turns out, in order to cover the interest, I had to pull it from the furlough funds. I am VERY unhappy about this, but my mood is elevated today thanks to 5-htp, so it's not getting to me right now.

The "discussion" ended yesterday with Brad telling me his dad was going to split it with us b/c the racing account couldn't afford it b/c they still had shocks and whatnot to buy. So, the $2500 they got through sponsorship and made at the party this weekend is essentially gone ($1500 went to the race car loan in question). It's just a never ending battle and I'm exhausted by it. Every time I turn around, he and his dad are asking for money to put into the race car - either b/c they've wrecked it or something has broken or they're not fast enough. It's a freaking money pit, is what it is...

What I think bothers me the most is one of two things: either FIL just ASSUMED Brad and I could pay it and assigned it to us, or Brad told FIL we could do it without talking to me first.

What also bothers me is that Brad lives in the now, where I live in the future. He thinks we need to set our budget so that we can live happily now, going out to eat on a whim, buying what we want on a whim, etc... whereas I think a bit more practically and worry about the future b/c if you don't plan for Murphy's Law, Murphy's Law will strike you when you can least afford it - car will break down, damage will happen to the house that's not covered by insurance, etc. I want to "live like no one else right now so what we can live like no one else later". That's a Dave Ramsey motto... don't buy things up now b/c everyone else is... hold out and pay with cash later, is essentially what it's about.

Basically, we have different goals and no matter how many times I show him the numbers or tell him what my plan is, it doesn't sink in and he asks for money for this or for that... and it's never just $100 or so... it's always closer to $500 or higher. he essentially lives without a budget which we all know you can't do when you have debts to pay. In Dave Ramsey speak, he's a free spirit and I'm a nerd... I have to have a plan and stick to the plan. He just prefers to live without boundaries...

Anyhow, to end with some good news... because of yesterday's debt payoffs, our credit union says we are now approved to purchase a new(ish) car for me, which was my initial financial goal this year - to get things paid off/down well enough that I could get a new(ish) car. I will NOT, however, be telling Brad that this has happened b/c I want to get further along before we buy a car. We're approved for a car payment of up to $500 a month. I have no intentions of spending this much. Paying off my credit card is my new priority. I'm thinking about buying something near the end of the summer - when the model year close out sales take place. Maybe I can get a new car for the price of what I'd pay for a used. *fingerscrossed* I'm looking at getting a Ford Edge - I love them. Have wanted one since I first saw one... and heck, maybe the furlough money that doesn't get used (if we're not furloughed) can be a down payment.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 02-26-2013 at 07:37 AM.