Page 255 of 593 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 255

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    My boss thinks it won't happen - at least that's what she's telling her daughter... I hope she's right. Brad and I are prepared in case it DOES happen, but it sure would be nice if it didn't.

If it DOES happen, I want to take my time off in week long chunks, not this bs of one or two days a week. I want a week off at a time. At least one full week, then I'll do one day off each week or something. If I take one week off, I can do so much stuff - clean my house, shampoo my carpets (AGAIN!!!), work on my thesis, etc.

I'm sure my boss will let me take it off the way I want, but it's still up in the air. There's not much talk about it, b/c like I said, she doesn't think it'll happen.
    I'm with you on hoping it doesn't, but we shall see. We've already been told that we are doing it one day a week as there is no way for us to accomplish the mission if we take time off in chunks. We'll already have to close one gate just to be able to function. I'm with you though, a week at a time would be great. Well, it would not be as great as it not happening, but you know what I mean.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    The worst part is that we have to do it all between Jun 1 and Sep 30... That's going to hurt a lot of people. Luckily, Brad and I are getting a tax refund that will make it all work for us. If it wasn't for the refund though, we'd be in a world of trouble!

The Arsenal has only two out of 3 gates open for most of the day. During the heavy commuting hours they have all 3 open. During non-commute hours, they cut down to two gates to save money on security personnel.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    The worst part is that we have to do it all between Jun 1 and Sep 30... That's going to hurt a lot of people. Luckily, Brad and I are getting a tax refund that will make it all work for us. If it wasn't for the refund though, we'd be in a world of trouble!

The Arsenal has only two out of 3 gates open for most of the day. During the heavy commuting hours they have all 3 open. During non-commute hours, they cut down to two gates to save money on security personnel.

All between June and Sept? Ouch. Hopefully, we are not doing that, though we too should be okay (hopefully). We've gone from four gates to three, and one of those is only open part of the day (morning rush - early evening) but they are talking about closing it completely.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    IAMS has a gluten, soy and corn free food. My dog loves it. I am not sure how the price compares to regular IAMS. We also feed our dog cooked 70% fat hamburgers, cooked chicken thighs and legs and hard boiled eggs.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Raw food is much better for our pets, and doesn't have to be expensive. Chicken carcasses, whole quail, baby ducks, baby rabbits etc. Lamb offcuts. Raw meaty bones is important, as they also need to chew things, whole animals if you can get them are even better so they eat all the parts. Grain free food is a step up from other commercial pet food, but its still cooked, and can be expensive too. Grains are not good for our pets at all. Dogs can eat cooked leftover veg from what we eat if they will eat it. Never ever feed cooked bones. The type of bone best to fed depends on the size of the dog. Like I wouldn't give a huge dog a chicken neck or wing, as they could just swallow it whole. My chihuahua can much her way through a chicken carcass.

Jon, we were told the furloughs would start in June and had to be completed before Sep 30. This may have changed, but this is what was put out at a "town hall" we had about a month ago. I earned 1 hour of OT this week, put it in as comp time so that I wasn't taking more gov't money and was told I can't do that - comp time isn't even authorized. Boss approved it since I already worked it even though I offered to just let it go to avoid any flags being raised or questions asked.

Federal tax refund is expected to reach our checking account on Monday. State is delayed b/c they asked for more info after I submitted it. I expect state to get here a bit more quickly than the federal refund simply b/c of the smaller number of claims to be processed. Ready to get a loan and two credit cards paid off, and all the money for the furlough socked into savings. Stupid furlough.

Got a pretty good stretch of sleep last night. Fell asleep while reading my book. The kids slept well. Makenna came in at 4 and asked to sleep with us. I let her. Then at some point after that, Brady came in and finished the morning off in our bed too. I really need to get the kids a memory foam mattress. They sleep so well in our bed and so not-well in their own beds. Their beds have cheap mattresses - Brady's is a hand-me-down from the family across the street and Makenna's is just one of those $100 crib mattresses. But even a twin sized memory foam mattress is $1,000... Something to save up for, I guess.

Still no arrival of the Russian Circus... *sigh*

Also still 6 lbs up... *sigh* stupid slow traveling circus! SPEED IT UP!!

canio6 Guest
    ...snipped...
    We've been told basically, "It will be after March 1st." The latest date given was May 1, but at this point, we are playing wait-and-see. Hopefully the state gets off their ass and gets your return to you in a timely manner. We're hoping the same happens for us.

Memory foam for the kids sounds like a good plan. I've heard those matresses are very nice. And in the 'I can't believe I am saying this department' I hope the circus shows up soon, puts on a very short show, and everything is good again.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Hopefully the state gets off their ass and gets your return to you in a timely manner. We're hoping the same happens for us.
    Our federal return is enough to cover the furlough. The remaining federal plus the state would be used to pay off debt. The furlough comes first though, so that'll be set aside on Monday. After that, I'm not too concerned about the arrival date of the return - as long as I get it.

Memory foam for the kids sounds like a good plan. I've heard those matresses are very nice.
    Brad and I have been sleeping on memory foam since Feb of 2009?? I love it. He hates it.

And in the 'I can't believe I am saying this department' I hope the circus shows up soon, puts on a very short show, and everything is good again.
    Thanks. I think... lol

canio6 Guest
    Brad and I have been sleeping on memory foam since Feb of 2009?? I love it. He hates it.
    Why does he hate it? I thought it was supposed to be like being held up by angels and fairy wings or somesuch.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why does he hate it? I thought it was supposed to be like being held up by angels and fairy wings or somesuch.
    He's a sweater and the bed holds heat pretty well. There are models that have venting systems in them, but we bought ours a long time ago on a budget, so we didn't get anything like that. As a non-sweaty sleeper, I love it.

If he'd lose about 100 lbs, he'd probably stop being a sweaty sleeper... and I bet his apnea would go away as well... but, that's just my opinion...