Page 254 of 593 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 254

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    wow! that sucks!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    I've found that the ones from the shops are way better than both and
    don't break.

However, they're colored, most times, which I don't get, cuz really, who gives
    a shit about a green schlong? Certainly not me.....

AND, the people at the shops are super nice and don't judge one bit.

Everyone is there for the same sorta stuff, unlike slinking down the aisle at Target
    and having to pretend "oh gosh, I'm in the wrong aisle!".

HAR.
    haha what's funny is that I almost stole said items from Walmart! Beautiful 2 year old and I went shopping. I set them in the cart. Of course, being a 2 year old, she wants to play with everything in the cart. I took the box from her and placed it under my purse. Well, out of sight, out of mind works for more than just toddlers... lol

And the best part of their placement in Walmart - they're right between the Russian Circus products and the bandaids...

Color would be of no interest to me either... and I've only had one condom break on me in all my years - and it was, in fact, a trojan... The worst part is that I was so new to the game and so ignorant that I tested for pregnancy that night, got a negative (of course) and felt assured... I (we) got lucky as I was not on any form of birth control yet.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    The ones at the shops around here tend to be the same brands as the grocery, just with flavoring (mmmm rubber mint) or colors. And the locals here are so fucking uptight that being seen going to one of those can be tantamount to revealing your sick fetish for real sex.
    Our town doesn't have any stores like that (in fact, I don't even think our little drug store sells them), but we have a "video store" in the next nearby city... I've been there once with DH.

DH and I just need to decide if we're really done having kids yet or not and just put an end to the worrying.

So, my dog has the equivalent of IBS... except now it's so "I" that he's also bleeding when he poos... The vet will likely put him on a second round of antibiotics, but of course, having the unofficial education that I have, I can't help but wonder what his food could be doing to him.

Now, mind you, I'm not a big fan of my dogs. They're BIG dogs and they're second string to my kids. I loved my dogs until I had kids. Now I couldn't care less about my dogs... well, I could, but yet I couldn't, ya know? They're not my priority anymore. I don't *adore* them like I used to. I won't get rid of them b/c my husband and kids adore them - especially my kids. OMG do my kids love those dogs. I dread the day these dogs die b/c my kids will be heartbroken. These dogs have been there from the day the kids were born, so to be without them will be a tragedy.

Anyhow, that being said, I cannot begin to explain how fed up I am with the oldest dog shitting in the house. It's not like your typical "big pile of labrador shit", it's "big pile of soft labrador shit surrounded by a lake of runny labrador shit"... and our yellow dog, for whatever reason WALKS while he's shitting... he can't just squat in one place like most dogs - he's gotta spread it around. And it smells VILE!! And it's mucosy... so it's gross as all get out to clean it up. Luckily, since Brad's on 1st shift now, he's been the one lucky enough to clean it up each time.

So, my thinking is this... what if we switch his food (and the other dog's food as well b/c that would just be too unfair) and feed them cooked ground beef or something. I could get them those 10 lb tubes of ground burger from Wally World and cook it up to feed them, right? What else would you feed them? How will this affect their stools/frequency of stools, etc? Surely it would clear up the IBS right?

I'm not worried about plant matter, really, b/c they graze like cows when they're outside. But I am worried about how expensive this could become. I think those tubes of burger are $15 or so and I doubt 10 lbs of burger will last them a week.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I don't think cooked meat will do much for a dog. If they eat real meat it should be raw, and when ground, it loses some of the nutrients they need. Start with a grain-free kibble, if you don't have them on that already. Then maybe look into raw feeding and see what you can afford.

My parents' dog was on antibiotics constantly for rashes and I finally got my mom to try a bag of a grain-free kibble (brand was Nature's Variety Instinct) and the rashes vanished and the dog is now at a healthy weight. My mom griped about the price, but $60 for 2 months worth seems like a good deal to me! I was paying about $25/mo for my cat on the grain-free kibble.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I pay $30 a week for dog food... For Iams 9 years + formula.

That's $120 a month already... I can't afford to go any higher than that. This cost is already making things tight.

Got this from our Deputy Commander today.

ASC Employees:

As you saw in the DoD memo I sent out earlier on the possibility of a
    civilian furlough, today DoD notified Congress of what potentially could
    occur under sequestration, along with the impacts that decision would have
    on all civilian employees. The implementation of an administrative furlough
    would result in personnel being furloughed up to 176 hours, equivalent to 22
    workdays in FY13.

This action is expected to be executed this FY unless there is Congressional
    legislation/action prior to 1 March to prevent sequestration from occurring.
    ASC employees should begin planning and identify impacts to yourselves and
    your families based on the potential implementation of an administrative
    furlough.

During today's notification, DoD Secretary Panetta stated, "I can assure you
    that, if we have to implement furloughs, all affected employees will be
    provided at least 30 days' notice prior to executing a furlough and your
    benefits will be protected to the maximum extent possible. We also will
    work to ensure that furloughs are executed in a consistent and appropriate
    manner, and we will also continue to engage in discussions with employee
    unions as appropriate."

As we receive information, we will continue to ensure we distribute all
    information that we can, and remain as transparent as possible regarding the
    path ahead. Please be assured that the welfare of our ASC Team and your
    families is a top priority for the Command.

In regards to frequently asked questions, answers and information regarding
    furloughs can be found at Furlough Guidance under the "administrative
    furlough" section.

Vr,

D. Scott Welker

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shit. I'm sorry, Jen.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Got this from our Deputy Commander today.
    ...snipped
    We got the same notice last week. Also, Congress is not doing jack so it looks like it will happen.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    We got the same notice last week. Also, Congress is not doing jack so it looks like it will happen.
    My boss thinks it won't happen - at least that's what she's telling her daughter... I hope she's right. Brad and I are prepared in case it DOES happen, but it sure would be nice if it didn't.

If it DOES happen, I want to take my time off in week long chunks, not this bs of one or two days a week. I want a week off at a time. At least one full week, then I'll do one day off each week or something. If I take one week off, I can do so much stuff - clean my house, shampoo my carpets (AGAIN!!!), work on my thesis, etc.

I'm sure my boss will let me take it off the way I want, but it's still up in the air. There's not much talk about it, b/c like I said, she doesn't think it'll happen.