Page 251 of 577 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 5761

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 251

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Factors:
    -stress, can delay that bitch forever. I've had periods as late as a whole week on my very regular 30-day schedule.
    -Vitex, could be moving things around a bit. Next cycle should be more normal (at least, that's how it worked for me). Now that I think of it, I actually can't remember if you are taking this now or not, or were just planning to.

I understand the worry, however. Usually a test brings along my period, if I'm worried. Just goes to show how well stress plays into this kind of thing!
    Exactly, T, that's why I sprung for the stupid tests! lol

I was taking vitex. I failed to take it this weekend. Need to start taking it again. I was was taking 2 capsules daily... do you think I can start back up with 2 or should I build it up again?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I am reading the blog Paula posted on the Eat More Fat challenge thread (or someone posted it... whatevs)

Ketosis Experiment Week 1 Diagnosis: Diet

I am interested in seeing what kind of results the dr has and possibly picking up a copy of the book she read as well. I'm not really that concerned about cancer, to be honest... I'm primarily motivated to use ketosis for weight loss - the cancer benefit is just a bonus.

But I don't want to get all high techy with it like she is. I don't have a gluco-meter and I don't have a keto-meter. I don't don't think I want either machine, either. For me, I'm either obsessive or lax... there is no middle ground for me. Those devices would either be analyzed to the point of frying my brain or they'd take up room on the counter and never get touched.

I think I'll just live vicariously through the dr and Paula right now.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    fingers crossed........... hoping for no false-neg on this one

I too had added pounds from the vacation, and then the night of real coke and rice. EEESH....... still hoping all of it goes away by the weekend. I'm being VERY strict on food this week!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    On Vitex, personally, I'd just jump back in with it, but I can be a bit reckless with supplements .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    On Vitex, personally, I'd just jump back in with it, but I can be a bit reckless with supplements .
    Meee toooo - to the tone of having never been tested for deficiencies in anything I take.... oops.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm being VERY strict on food this week!
    I'm not jumping back into the whole HFLC thing... more like 100% primal... but I will be focusing on hydration. Getting things flushed out so that I can start fresh with HFLC again after the party this weekend. Party will include a whole roasted and pulled pig (they killed it last night... getting butchered tonight, I believe) and baked potatoes with all the fixin's. I will hold out on the whole VLC thing til that obstacle is out of the way... I don't foresee any obstacles for the month of March...

Yeah for no obsticles! Dang parties! Why does everything have to revolve around food! And why is it so hard to go to the party and just not indulge in the stuff that we would otherwise avoid? After our superbowl party food (potato bar) I decided next year is going to be much more health minded. Not sure what yet --- we're playing with the idea of doing a sushi spread (cooked not raw). Or maybe we'll smoke a turkey, a ham and a chunk of dead cow??? Not sure - but it won't be a carb feast!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Yeah for no obsticles! Dang parties! Why does everything have to revolve around food! And why is it so hard to go to the party and just not indulge in the stuff that we would otherwise avoid? After our superbowl party food (potato bar) I decided next year is going to be much more health minded. Not sure what yet --- we're playing with the idea of doing a sushi spread (cooked not raw). Or maybe we'll smoke a turkey, a ham and a chunk of dead cow??? Not sure - but it won't be a carb feast!
    Our party is a potato bar too. Typically, we do a dead pig, potato salad, baked beans and chips. This year my mom had the great idea of a potato bar... and I thought it was a great idea too, until I discovered HFLC... Oh well. Parties are hard and I think it's just habit to eat what is available...

I just noticed that we're both at 38 lbs lost - of course, not including the last week's weight gain.

Haha! I'm not stepping on the scale until Friday. I hope its back down near my pre-vaca weight. On Jan 30th I hit 177.4. Thats my target for now - to get back to that number. It might take a couple weeks. Its so helpful to have everyone here at MDA to work on all this with. Weight loss is just damn hard to do! If I could stay the course and never faulter I'd be at my goal weight by now. I've been at this for 14 months now. UGH! I want to see my goal weight by my birthday - but its not looking promising. dang it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

My 1 year Primal Anniversary is March 5th... With the way weight loss was going in the beginning I was truly hoping to be further along than I am now... But, all things considered, 38 lbs lost in a year is pretty awesome.

I am hoping to get back down to 183 before March 5th... That's 2 weeks to lose 6 lbs. With the flushing I'm doing today (water is literally going right through me today) and the imminent threat of TOM, and the typical associated water flush from that, I should be ok to lose those 6 lbs by then. Again - fingers crossed.