Page 244 of 584 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 5836

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 244

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    My DMV story- 4 years ago I moved back to the state I grew up in. I got my first driver's license there. I also had that license in my married name.

When I came back I had been legally separated for many years. Since my name didn't match my birth certificate they they wanted to see the name change on my marriage license. I had no idea where my marriage license was and had to order a new copy. That cost me $50.

After all that, they reissued me the same driver's license I initially had been given, more than 30 years early. They obviously had me in their system, with my married name.
    That reminds me, I had my marriage license with me too because I had to change that as WELL.

Imagine their poor little pea brains when I went from a "Wood" to a "Woodward".

Yeah, the courthouse even loved THAT nonsense. Even the teller asked me if I was serious.

Yep, as a heart attack.

But it was funny anyway!

Friends asked if I would (jokingly) hyphenate it: Julia Wood-Woodward

I went a step further and threw in my nickname: Julia Woody-Wood-Woodward.

There ya go.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    OMG that's hilarious!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My employer threw a conniption fit when I got married, because "there is no way you kept the same initials!"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

My anxiety is off the hook tonight. Or maybe it's iron deficiency... all I know is that periodically my heart is pounding and my stomach starts to feel weird. I took an additional iron and 1/2 a 1mg lorazepam. Hopefully things settle down. If they don't, I guess I'll have to see a doctor, I guess. Or maybe it's because of the VLC?? Maybe I'll do an experiment and reintroduce carbs and see if it goes away without changing anything else. I think I'll do just that. This is really bothersome.

Last night was positively the worst night of my life. Makenna woke up at 11 pm and did not go back to sleep until 5 am. Yes. This is true. No matter what we tried, she would/could not fall asleep. Needless to say, I called in to work. If I didn't have class tonight, I would have toughed it out, but going from 6 am on Tuesday to 10 pm on Wednesday without sleep didn't seem like my idea of a good time.

Here's my sleep chart:

Feb12-13 sleep.jpg

In 12 hours of attempting sleep, I got a whopping 6 hours. The dark gray is where I'm sleeping.

Despite skipping work and taking some time to sleep, I am still super tired. Daughter woke up sooner than I would have liked. I wonder how naptime is going to work out...

PrimalWriter is offline Member
    Jenn, this is kind of OT (and off the wall, perhaps), but how long have you guys lived in this house? Is it possible that something environmental is affecting the kids' sleep patterns (and subsequently yours)?
    My primal journal: My journey, goals, recipes, random thoughts on primal and SAD.

It's all about the journey. How we get there is at least as important as where we end up.

We've lived in our house for almost 6 years. We built it in 2007. Our daughter has always lived here and started sleeping through the night at 2 months. Son was born in a different house, but we moved in when he was less than a year old. I believe his sleep issues are caused by poor parenting (letting him sleep with us, etc, when we should have been firm about him sleeping in his own bed, and now we're breaking bad habits) - that being said, he slept beautifully last night, despite all the crying and yelling for me from daughter. He did wake up at one point, but he went back to sleep without incident.

Daughter was just weird last night. MIL thinks maybe she's cutting molars or something??? idk Will have to inspect her mouth tomorrow morning. If it happens again tonight, I'll probably give her some tylenol in case she is in pain or something and not able to communicate it to me.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry just realised this was your journal. I view new posts and tend not to look which section posts are in
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 02-13-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Jenn that sleep reading sucks, girl.

BTW How did you do that screen shot? I tried it a few weeks ago, but couldn't figure it out.