Page 243 of 593 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 243

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I forced down 100oz of water yesterday and didn't go very much, so I must be dehydrated too.

BodyMedia // Reach Your Health & Fitness Goals with BodyMedia FIT

I hope the above is what you were looking for.
    Thanks, but that's not working. It just keeps taking me back to the homepage. No biggie. I'll log in tonight and send myself the link and see if that works. Maybe it's b/c you're logged in or something... or maybe it's b/c my work computer sucks with all these danged firewalls.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenn,

Just wanted to express my condolences about your sleep problem.

We too, over here in CA have/had the same problems, so the way we
    fixed it, isn't ideal, but it works for us.

My 10yo and I sleep in the same room in twin beds, and my 7yo sleeps
    with his father in the master bed.

My 10yo started seeing dead people when he was about 2yo (just like me. great,
    runs in the family) so instead of getting woken up 500 times a night, I started
    sleeping in his room, then he slept with his father, then when "the baby" came,
    I had my own room.

My husband snores too, and there's no way in hell I can sleep with him anyway, so
    no big deal. Coudn't care less that we don't sleep in the same bed. Getting quality
    sleep is WAY more important than any kind of Parental CoSleeping is. Srsly.

The 7yo doesn't see dead people, (thank GOD) but he does sleepwalk when he sleeps
    in his own room, so HE has been sleeping with his father for the past 5 years and I've
    been with my son for 8.

It sounds weird and pretty effed up, but I *do* try and tell myself, that it won't last
    forever, AND, sleep is so dang important for EVERYONE to function and be in a good mood,
    I really don't care WHERE I sleep or in WHAT. I mean really, 44yo sleeping in a twin bed?
    Preposterous! But you know what, I love it, and I know I won't get any "surprises" 500 times
    a night either. 3 maybe, but that's it.

Not saying you should contemplate it or do it, but if you do, it WORKS.

And if your husband says anything you could just be like "well, I'm up 1500 effing times
    anyway, so if you can't beat them, JOIN THEM". Everyone will sleep beautifully!

I -do- get some pretty weird looks when people come to the house and are all "wow, what
    are all these beds for? who sleeps where?"

So, I tell them and they think we're whack, but hey, at least I don't beat my kids, prostitute
    them out or sell them on the black market, so if sleeping with them makes them more
    confident, secure and reassured (my mother would close and LOCK her door when I was
    crying in my room seeing ghosts., thanks mom!), then I'm in it for the long haul.

And, as a side note, it gets you out of the marital bed so you're not PAWED 24/7 either. HAR!

In other news, I hope you get your armband computer stuff worked out lickety split!

Julie

That is definitely an unconventional way to handle the problem. I don't think my son has any issues like that and he doesn't sleepwalk. Last night, he slept beautifully - as did his sister, until about 5 am. There was a time where we were all sleeping through the night without a fuss but recently everyone's been having fits. Husband's snoring would go away if he'd just lose some weight. :/

And MY husband's snoring would go away if he stopped drinking BEER.

Yeah, totally unconventional to say the least! HA!

All righty, hope it all gets cleared up soon. Glad everyone was able to
    sleep well last night.

Julie

Thanks for the support, Julie.

You said you go by both Julie and Julia... if there any chance you were a member of a group called My Last Fat Summer? There was a girl there who went by both names as well, back in like 2005-2007 time frame.

Nope, 'twasn't me!

I was named after Julie Andrews (my mother's fave person) who is also
    really a Julia.

I was called Julie from birth until I got my mits on my birth certificate and
    saw JULIA, so when I turned 25, started a new job and a new chapter in my life,
    I started using Julia instead, since it was my REAL name and all (and I thought
    it was prettier and cooler than Julie).

So everyone in my family calls me Julie, but everyone post 25, knows me as
    Julia.

Yanno what's funny though? The stupid DMV. I have my birth certificate and my
    social security card for PROOF that I'm really a Julia, and they STILL won't change
    my name from Julie to Julia. "no, sorry, this is what has always been on there".

Um, really? With government documents? Fools.

When I asked my mother why the heck she named me Julia but called me Julie,
    she said "well, I liked both". Um, er, OKAY. Whatever.

So there. There's an explanation you neither wanted nor needed. Tee hee!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I am also dehydrated! Home today, so I don't have my water bottle. Gotta try and refill this glass at least 8 times haha.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Nope, 'twasn't me!

I was named after Julie Andrews (my mother's fave person) who is also
    really a Julia.

I was called Julie from birth until I got my mits on my birth certificate and
    saw JULIA, so when I turned 25, started a new job and a new chapter in my life,
    I started using Julia instead, since it was my REAL name and all (and I thought
    it was prettier and cooler than Julie).

So everyone in my family calls me Julie, but everyone post 25, knows me as
    Julia.

social security card for PROOF that I'm really a Julia, and they STILL won't change
    my name from Julie to Julia. "no, sorry, this is what has always been on there".

Um, really? With government documents? Fools.

When I asked my mother why the heck she named me Julia but called me Julie,
    she said "well, I liked both". Um, er, OKAY. Whatever.

So there. There's an explanation you neither wanted nor needed. Tee hee!
    That is a funny story, actually! It's odd that the DMV won't change your driver's license! Wouldn't having two different names cause a bit of a problem for public records/tracking down criminals/etc, if you were to ever become one? I know it would have REALLY flubbed things if you'd joined the army! Oy!

Yeah, this girl's real name was Julie, she was in her 20's and went by Julia on the computer so she didn't actually give up much of her identity or something. After she got really familiar with us and comfortable, she started signing everything Julie so we started asking questions. Similar name usage, so I thought it was worth asking about.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    My DMV story- 4 years ago I moved back to the state I grew up in. I got my first driver's license there. I also had that license in my married name.

When I came back I had been legally separated for many years. Since my name didn't match my birth certificate they they wanted to see the name change on my marriage license. I had no idea where my marriage license was and had to order a new copy. That cost me $50.

After all that, they reissued me the same driver's license I initially had been given, more than 30 years early. They obviously had me in their system, with my married name.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    My DMV story- 4 years ago I moved back to the state I grew up in. I got my first driver's license there. I also had that license in my married name.

When I came back I had been legally separated for many years. Since my name didn't match my birth certificate they they wanted to see the name change on my marriage license. I had no idea where my marriage license was and had to order a new copy. That cost me $50.

After all that, they reissued me the same driver's license I initially had been given, more than 30 years early. They obviously had me in their system, with my married name.
    Nice! B@stards...

I think my kids and I are going to get into geocaching as it gets warmer. I have a GPS device and there are a TON of places in Wilton to find "treasures". I think it'll be great fun to see what we can find. I'm reading up on the Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site now. There is a cache literally, 10 blocks from my house - we drive by it TWICE EVERY SINGLE DAY and my son is always wanting to stop (historic train depot with an old caboose). Now we have a reason! I guess this one is rather hard to find though...