Page 241 of 593 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 241

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    writing papers makes me want to munch... I think I'll grab some almonds.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Be sure to nibble them and chew them really well to make them go further Otherwise it is amazing how many actually disappear down the hatch! Maybe one of the papers will actually be interesting ....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I live in Florida and while it hasn't been diagnosed I get SAD. I will be so glad when spring gets here!!! I could never live up north because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I have a good friend in FL who still gets SAD and she has to use a lamp. I guess everyone is different.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I posted this on the EMF thread, but I reached a new Low Primal Weight today... 183. So stoked, but also shocked. 1 lb til I reach my first goal weight... my pre-pregnancy weight. Trying to decide what I will do to celebrate this event.

My body looks visibly slimmer too, like things are shifting around. Arms look slimmer and belly a bit flatter. I still have that pouch that won't go away, but eventually I know it will.

I'm developing toner looking arms. I can flex and have dentitions where they are supposed to be and bulges where they are supposed to be. Exciting stuff! I have a bicep!! YAY! Makes me excited to go to the gym today and do some pushups and pullups!

Bumping up to 800 mg of vitex a day, and as of Thursday up to 200 mg of 5-htp daily. Still moody, but I think the low points and the irritable points are either weather related or stress-stimuli related. If I get annoyed, I turn bitchy. Hoping some sunlight will help me to beat that monster off.

I asked Brad today if we could use the furlough money for a family vacation if we don't end up getting furloughed. I suggested a Disney cruise! I think it'd be awesome to take our kids on a cruise! The "Disney" portion would be less spread out, so less walking which would mean fewer incidences of whiney kids, they offer "child care" so the adults can do adult stuff - like explore islands and what not, and we'd have the right amount of money set aside. If he doesn't want to do the cruise, we could do a Disney theme park. I really really REALLY want to take our kids to Disney. I wonder if Makenna is too young to truly enjoy it and realize where she is, but we could always go a second time when she's a bit older, right? AND, if we were to choose a Disney cruise, we could wait til January, hit the cruise I researched for class, AND Mickey could sing Happy Birthday to Brady! He'd LOVE it! Plus, Makenna would be almost 4 at that point and more likely to appreciate where she's at. I'm hoping he'll be game to planning a vacation. And hell, maybe one of our parents would want to go too and could offer help with the kids!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I posted this on the EMF thread, but I reached a new Low Primal Weight today... 183. So stoked, but also shocked. 1 lb til I reach my first goal weight... my pre-pregnancy weight. Trying to decide what I will do to celebrate this event.
    WOOT WOOT! This is great!

Oh forgot to mention the very vocal verbal argument DH and I had in front of our kids on Sunday morning... as a rule, I hate mornings and will try to stay in bed as long as possible. Sunday, Brad hollers from the living room "Are you going to get up and make breakfast?" I holler back "You know how to cook!" A little while later, the kids come in and say "Mom! Wake up! We want breakfast!" So I get up and head out to the kitchen where Brad is getting things out for a BAB. This is at like 9 am. I start cooking and he says "I'll do it". I said "No, I just HAD to get up to make breakfast, so I'm doing it". He made some snide comment about sleeping an extra 2 hours or some shit - I can't even remember b/c I was so pissed at him. I reminded him that *I* am the one who gets up with the kids every freaking hour over the night and *I* am the one who sleeps on the couch b/c of his snoring so that I can at least get SOME sleep at night and that 2 broken hours on a Saturday or Sunday morning do NOT make up for it. He retorted with something smartassy (again, amnesia fueled rage here so I don't remember what it was). I told him I can't wait til my BodyMedia device comes so I can show him just how little sleep I do get each night.

Case in point... last night, starting at 10:30, just as I was dozing off, 6 year old comes to our room... I take him back. 1 hour later, daughter wakes up cold, I cover her up. 1 hour after that, daughter wakes up again - this time her diaper has leaked through and I must change her and change her bedding. 1 hour later, she wakes me by talking in her sleep/crying out - something about Brady. 1 hour later, Brady wakes up b/c his blankets are all jacked up after falling on the floor and he can't get them right. 1 hour later, daughter needs something again. 1 hour later, Brad's alarm goes off. 45 minutes later, he's waking me to say I love you and give kisses before he leaves for work. 1 hour later, MY alarm goes off.

This is my night. Almost EVERY effing night. I cannot WAIT til it's graphed and charted and scientifically PROVEN to his deep sleeping uninterrupted ass that my sleep SUCKS.

PS, the BM device is expected to be delivered TODAY! I cannot wait to shove this in his face. (Watch, my kids will sleep soundly and flawlessly tonight).
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 02-11-2013 at 10:58 AM.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    So I guess waking him up every time you get woken up is out of the question?
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Quote Originally Posted by June68 View Post
    So I guess waking him up every time you get woken up is out of the question?
    I would LOVE to, but he'd be asleep again before I even got back to our bedroom - unlike if I had him take a night or two - I'd stay awake until he got back and not be able to fall asleep as quickly as him, which would irritate me and delay my sleep that much longer. I did disturb him at 2 am to tell him that for the second night in a row, I was STILL waiting to go to sleep after dealing with the kids.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    What do you think your idea solution would be, when it comes to the two of you, assuming the kids would keep waking up & coming to you guys for things? Seems like figuring out how to get the kids settled (and picking his brain on how to do that, maybe?) might help a lot. Wasn't Brady using an iPod for a little while to keep him in bed?

[edit] This is totally something my therapist would ask me. Just meant to get you to think about it from a different angle. Sorry, shouldn't be playing therapist!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What do you think your idea solution would be, when it comes to the two of you, assuming the kids would keep waking up & coming to you guys for things? Seems like figuring out how to get the kids settled (and picking his brain on how to do that, maybe?) might help a lot. Wasn't Brady using an iPod for a little while to keep him in bed?

[edit] This is totally something my therapist would ask me. Just meant to get you to think about it from a different angle. Sorry, shouldn't be playing therapist!
    Brady does have an ipod in his room. It worked amazingly well for a long time. The problem I think we're running into now is that he's waking up when he pees (he still uses a pull-up at night since he's not "night time potty trained" yet). He wakes up, changes his pull-up and then comes to our room. I think maybe getting him comfortable with the idea of going to the bathroom at night will be helpful, but at 6 years old, his mind is very imaginative and he "gets scared" a lot.

Makenna... I don't know. She sleeps in a diaper b/c she sweats while under covers while clothed. Clothing her for bed might help with the covers issue, but she won't sleep without a blanket, so I think it would still pose a problem. Experiments are in order...