Page 236 of 584 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 5832

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 236

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I think glass windows filter out what you need from sunlight. So that may not be enough.

My future bro-in-law uses a lamp for 20 min every AM in the winter. Supplementing Vitamin D isn't enough for him. Maybe you are one of those folks!

I think if you don't feel better/different, you could add more 5-HTP within 2 days. I usually back off by one capsule (50mg) once I find a dose that seems good, and then add it back if I feel like I need it. I hope that it will help you sleep through the night more easily, when the kids don't interrupt!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I have a good friend in FL who still gets SAD and she has to use a lamp. I guess everyone is different.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    YAY! Got my visionary leader paper done... It was supposed to be 6-7 pages double spaced... I filled all 7 pages. Whew! That's done.

now to write up notes for a quick 5 minute presentation on my leader and to recreate the slide show I was supposed to present last week but couldn't because of technical difficulties... the technical difficulties threw me for a loop and I was unable to focus on the materials I was trying to present (I think a lot of it was nervousness too, which is silly b/c I've known and talked to these people for a total of 2 years so it wasn't like I was presenting to strangers). So, I get to represent tonight. Yippee... *sarcasm*

But, the paper is done and that was the hard part. Now that it's done, I can relax a bit. One more paper for this class (in 4 weeks) and I'll be done with this class and only focusing on my thesis.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    But, the paper is done and that was the hard part. Now that it's done, I can relax a bit. One more paper for this class (in 4 weeks) and I'll be done with this class and only focusing on my thesis.
    Woot Woot! Nicely done.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Jenn - I've been having "the conversation" with my hubby's in small bits and peices for many months now. He's 5'7" and roughly 215 (so he says). He's already on statins because after a year of "trying" to control his cholesterol with diet, he was not successful. His dad had Congestive Heart Failure and Type 2. He also has uncles and aunts with various health issues caused (I believe) by a SAD. I want him to get his weight down to 175. He's not very interested in changing his ways.

Bottom line - they have to want it. They can't do it for someone else, it won't stick, and they will not be happy about the process.

I'd insist Brad get a physical though. I did that with my hubby and thats the only reason we know about his high cholesterol. You might have to make the appointment for him - and go with him to get it done. But it might be enough to scare him into making some changes.

Congrats on paper and the presentation! You're so close to being done with school - what a great accomplishment!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

yeah, I need to get him in for a full blood work-up, but he's such a freaking pansy about needles. Seriously almost passes out and all that crap... Not sure if our doctor will order one without Brad's knowledge/consent though... I can always try though. The problem is that I think Brad is one of those people who needs a significant life event to change his ways. I do plan to ask him to at least read the PB, cover to cover, and then make his own decision from there.

You could "fib" and tell him that your life insurance is requesting lab work? Or is he smart enough to know that they don't do that? I don't think my hubby would even question it if I told him it was needed.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You could "fib" and tell him that your life insurance is requesting lab work? Or is he smart enough to know that they don't do that? I don't think my hubby would even question it if I told him it was needed.
    He's question it. We've had our life insurance since 2008 and they've never asked for more than the initial draw - which was done at our home.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    He's question it. We've had our life insurance since 2008 and they've never asked for more than the initial draw - which was done at our home.
    Plus lying to your spouse is not cool. I'd sit down and have a talk with him - as others have suggested. Let him know you are worried and just want him to be around for as long as possible.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

^ yes - by far the better option! I wouldn't feel good about trying to fool my hubby into having bloodwork done. I shouldn't have suggested it............. my bad.

But, I did say to him "you're going to the doctor for a physical". He doesn't argue when he knows I mean business!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation