Page 234 of 590 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 234

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Found out last night that my BodyMedia device is in fact not working properly. *sadface* Now I am waiting to hear what the procedure is for getting a replacement. *sigh*

If I was a Panda, I'd be sad...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I'm not even close to being a panda, and I'm sad for you.

I have a bodybugg, and while I didn't have any issues with mine, there
    were TONS of people that did.

So weird!

Hope you get it replaced lickety split Miss Jenn,

Julie

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Hope you get your thingamajig soon. It's like a broken toy on Christmas, what a jip!

I called to see how their replacement policy works. The guy I talked to today said *normally* you're required to return the defective device before they'll send a replacment, but since mine was faulty from the box, he said he would put in a replacement order immediately (said he did it while we were on the phone) and I could return the defective one when I receive the new one. He said it'll go 2 day ground through UPS, so either Friday or Monday is when I'll receive it. I'm hoping for Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Hope you get your thingamajig soon. It's like a broken toy on Christmas, what a jip!
    Absolutely it is!!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Ugh! what a pain and disappointment to have to wait more! I hope it comes Friday!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Oh no, how frustrating!!

Reading Panda's journal, I'm reminded of the state of Brad's health. He's always been a bigger guy - as long as I have known him anyway. When we met, he was 220-250ish pounds (on a 6'1" frame). He didn't look bad - just fluffy or plush, if you will. Soft. Comfortable.

As the years went on, he has put on some significant weight. He currently weighs to the tune of 330 lbs. He has gone from a size 38 jeans to a 44 or so. Obesity does NOT run in his family. His dad is in a very attractive body (as far as dads go - but consumes too much beer in my opinion - not a drunk, just a chronic drinker) and his grandfather (on his dad's side) is slim too (but smokes like a chimney). (I don't know anything about his mom's side b/c both her parents died when she was 9 - mother to cancer and father supposedly in a car accident just weeks/months after the other's death - it's speculated that the father's death was a suicide). Anyhow, far as I can tell, he does not have "obese" genes.

He suffers from depression (first started getting drug therapy treatment in 2004 after we moved in together) and sleep apnea (diagnosed while I was pregnant with Brady).

He has crumbly teeth - if he gets a cavity and has it filled, without a doubt, the filling will fall out in a few years. His teeth are terribly brittle. He brushes them daily and takes pretty decent care of them, unless a filling falls out... he tends to ignore the fact that he has a gaping hole in a tooth and lets it get worse and worse. First, the stinky breath occurs as a result of the decay... then the tooth starts to bother him so badly he's literally taking a pain killer an hour to keep it to a dull throb. (Pain killer = tylenol or ibuprofen... when it gets REALLY bad, he seeks out vicodan from someone with a neglected Rx from something or other - his mom usually has some pretty good stuff laying around).

He has a lot of heart disease risk factors going for him right now - obesity, apnea, poor diet, and now poor dental health.

He has recently started taking testosterone shots for Low-T... we all know that belly fat contributes to lowered testosterone output... I've told him this, expressed my dislike for this method of treatment, and showed him what he needs to do through research articles and reviews, but he chooses this route... which causes increase libido and drives me even more nuts considering my low libido.

Additionally, he's started developing issues in the bedroom that are troubling... not performance issues, mind you... he's a horny thing and has no problems producing the necessary equipment... he's having trouble finding satisfaction (I thought that was only a woman's issue... ) He has only recently shared this with me, and I don't know how long it's been going on, but he has said it's happened prior to taking the testosterone.

He worries me. Not only is he not very sexually attractive at 330 (I hate myself for saying that b/c he's a wonderful person and it should NEVER be about outward appearance, but... we'd be kidding ourselves if we didn't admit that outward appearance always plays a factor in sexual attraction), but he's a ticking time bomb!!

He is eating slightly better - when I can control it through meals I make, but he still eats whatever junk he wants whenever he wants. He knows the importance of eating properly and agrees that Primal/Paleo is the way to live, especially after seeing my results... (that's another issue), but I don't think he puts enough effort into it. He's a slow and steady change guy, whereas I'm all about the complete overhaul. (In Dave Ramsey the finance guy speak: He's a free spirit and I'm a nerd).

I am very very concerned about his health... he's my husband. The father of my children! I don't want anything to happen to him but I don't know how to approach it. I am horribly worried that as I continue to lose weight, he will continue to get bigger, and I'll continue be less and less attracted to him... I'm worried about how my weight loss is going to affect our marriage.

He is very tender-hearted, so his feelings get hurt easily... which makes this even harder to confront. Couple that with depression and I have a very touchy subject here...

Ladies (and gents), my husband is headed for a heart attack... and I'm afraid that some morning I'm going to wake up to find he is no longer with us. I'm terrified of tackling life without him. I'm terrified of explaining to our very young children what happened. But more than that, I'm terrified of how I'm going to tell him these things without hurting him.

He posted on Facebook on January 1st that one of his goals for this year is to lose weight. He didn't say how much weight, but that he wanted to lose it in a slow and sustainable way... I wish he'd jump fully on board with the Primal method. I know he'd lose weight in a sustainable way, but QUICKLY. He does very little exercise (but has a moderately active job as a maintenance guy), but it's obviously not enough. I'm afraid his "lose weight" goal is going to go the way of typical New Year's goals and be forgotten. He likes things easy and while Primal is easy to you and me, it's hard for him - because he's not committed. And with racing season falling upon us, he's going to be focused on other things.

I'd love to have my 250 lbs husband back. He'd still be a little overweight, but that'd be ok. At least he wouldn't still be traveling down Heart Attack Lane...

I had recently read this thread and vowed to follow that approach, but I can't do it anymore without feeling guilty - like I'm leaving him behind. And I don't want to leave him behind. Anyone have any advice they could share to make it easier for me to talk to him about this?
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 02-06-2013 at 12:40 PM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    With his resolution, I would ask him if he had any thoughts on how he wanted to tackle that. Leave the ball in his court as much as possible with questions about how you can help, or what he thinks about [blank]. If he asks directly for suggestions, feel free to go to town. See if you can get him to commit to a 30 day trial (what's 30 days of out one year) of strict primal. Get a meal plan that he likes and can stick to, make sure he knows what he's getting into beforehand (if he'll have to cook/prep anything himself). From how you described his approach to the financial issues, it seems like letting him take the lead & then working on a plan together might go over better than just presenting him with a pre-set way of doing things.

I don't think it's unreasonable to sit him down and gently tell him about your concerns. He has some factors that are causing you to worry about his health & mortality and you don't want to be without him. I think emphasizing that will sink in for him, because the exchanges that you describe between the two of you make it very clear that he loves you a lot. He just has a certain way of doing things and to some extent, you'll probably need to cater to that to get anywhere.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Clint and I have had our own issues in this regard and I think it comes down to one thing. Being afraid of change. I read that blog post and almost immediately started to cry(good thing I am home now) because it reminded me of how much of a struggle I've had with working on getting healthier and happier and he either doesn't want me to because he's afraid of what the future holds for us or is afraid he's going to miss out on something sinfully delicious. I remember back to when I was doing body for life and I bought some "healthy" thing home and he started to tease me about it. My reaction was "this will come back to haunt your ass" or something along those lines and 6 months later he was diagnosed as a type II diabetic. Clint's 6' and weighed over 300 lbs back then and is now down to somewhere in the 260's. This is one of our biggest problem areas and I just had to tell myself that I can only afford to worry about myself and if he doesn't feel the same, so be it. He will either decide to change or he won't.
    Georgette