Page 231 of 580 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 5796

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 231

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Jenn, I just did my BMR on MFP and discovered a major flaw. Their BMR calculation does not include activity at all, by their own admission. So that number is just your base "do nothing" burn. BUT, they are claiming that their Mifflin-St Jeor calculation is more accurate than Harris Benedict. Harris Benedict is the equation one uses on the base BMR number to get the total daily caloric needs. No wonder people are trying to go so low calorie.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Jenn, I just did my BMR on MFP and discovered a major flaw. Their BMR calculation does not include activity at all, by their own admission. So that number is just your base "do nothing" burn. BUT, they are claiming that their Mifflin-St Jeor calculation is more accurate than Harris Benedict. Harris Benedict is the equation one uses on the base BMR number to get the total daily caloric needs. No wonder people are trying to go so low calorie.
    I wondered why my BMR per their calculator was 1534 and the BMR in the "Goals" section was 1920...

My BMF did not arrive today. FedEx is full of brainiacs, I swear... every time they have delivered something to us, they have gone to the wrong location. There are two locations on our street with the number 314. Ours is South, the other is just straight up 314. The regular 314 is a pole shed/storage garage. I got to know the gentleman who owns said location very well as he usually ended up delivering our packages to us since FedEx delivered them to their location. One morning as I was getting ready to leave for work, he stopped down in his truck to deliver Makenna's crib to me b/c FedEx leaned it against the north end of his building the day before. Awesome. Glad no one was interested in stealing a crib...

I much prefer UPS. We know the driver by name (his name is Mike) and he has never delivered to the other location. And when it's raining, he lifts our garage door and slips our package into the garage (if it's big) or puts it between the storm door and the big front door to keep our packages dry. Our UPS guy is awesome.

So, I emailed FedEx to relay my dissatisfaction, explain to them that their drivers need to pay attention to addresses and deliver to the right place, and to request a refund of my Saturday deliver shipping charges since I didn't receive it on Saturday. Amazon said they will deliver "tomorrow" but I don't think FedEx does Sunday deliveries, so I imagine it'll be Monday before I get it. Hopefully it'll be delivered tomorrow, but I'm not expecting it til Monday now.

Oh, and they can't say that I wasn't there to accept delivery BECAUSE I was laying Makenna down for a nap when they said they attempted delivery and if they had attempted delivery here, my dogs would have gone apeshit. They don't like the FedEx/UPS man (I think it's their truck they don't like).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Darn.

Called FedEx this morning. Told them what happened - how their driver went to the wrong location so my package was not delivered. I also asked about changing the delivery time since the tag I got from FedEx indicated signature was required and no one was going to be home until later today. She said the only reason he indicated signature was required is because he was delivering to a "business" - well, the building he attempted to deliver to was a business, but the package is not intended for a business, so she said that it will not require signature. So, she said she is going to send a message to the driver to 1.) deliver to the right location, and 2.) leave the package without signature. With any luck, I'll have my BodyMedia device tonight!! YES!

FedEx customer service still has not responded to my request for a refund. Will wait patiently to have my $8.99 returned to me.

Hit 184 this morning on the scale. YES! Finally, those 13 lbs I gained are gone! Now on to new weight loss!

Had heart palpitations yesterday. And today, I am easily winded, which is making my heart beat quickly. I suspect iron deficiency and/or electorlyte imbalance. Will take an iron supplement to bring that up and see if that improves it. Also drank an Herb Ox this morning to raise my electrolytes. Hope the problem goes away.

Tired today... too many disruptions last night.

Pretty significant anxiety today... not sure what that's about.

Feeling really tired and school has me overwhelmed. Maybe that's the cause of my anxiety today...

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Could be linked to whatever is causing the heart palpitations. Did you start taking Vitex? If so, that could be the source and you should stop taking them.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Not yet. Haven't even bought it.

I was ok while I was sitting in a meeting... but now that I'm back at my desk, the anxiety is back. I'm not working on anything with any crazy significance (just updated the calendar with some new events that came to light during the meeting)... maybe a walk will help. I was going to strength train today, but I think I'll do some light walking and maybe some yoga.

I just looked at the calendar. If my body follows the "prescribed" 28 day cycle, I'm due to get my period this weekend, which could explain the possible drop in iron. I'm pretty sure my iron is low based on the windedness. The palpitations happened yesterday and haven't occured since.

The anxiety could be anything - job, school, money, home to-dos, hormones, lack of sleep... anything, really. But it's making me want to munch on stuff.

My boss is MIA, so no walk yet... I think I'll go without waiting for her to return. The sun is out and I kind of want to take advantage of it while I can, even though it's only 27 degrees out...

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the scale success! onward and downward now!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Just took a 30 minute walk. It would have been ok out if it wasn't always windy on the Island.... ugh. Cold wind does not make my ears happy. But, I saw probably 50 robins out pecking about the snowy grass, so I am optimistic that warmer temperatures are on their way. Screw that groundhog! The return of the robins signals spring for me! Bring on the sunshine and warmer weather!