Page 227 of 580 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 5796

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 227

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thats beautiful, Jenn! I LOVE log houses! It was always my dream to have one someday. If our house ever burns down - you can bet a log house will go up in its place! I know you're not talking about the log part of the picture - just the kitchen layout - but still - the whole package is pretty darn nice!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I agree, Tomi. Not sure I'd want to live with all that yellow, though. Currently, all the trimwork, floors and cabinets in our house are maple colored, so it's very "yellow". Match that with oatmeal colored carpet and this chica feels the need for color! lol

I'd probably do a darker color cabinet, a darker floor, and either a light colored granite counter top or a lighter quartz (quartz is supposed to be better than granite b/c doesn't break as easily as granite and can be replaced (virtually) seamlessly in sections whereas granite has to be replaced as a whole). I'm also thinking about a two level island - one at countertop height and one at bartop height to break up the massiveness of that island.

Dreaming... It's fun sometimes.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh, and I'd put a closet/pantry on the left end of the counters to replace a utility closet I'd lose (to hold my broom/mop, vacuum). And I'd put a pantry where the baker's rack is. it wouldn't need to be as big as the one we currently have b/c eating primally requires little pantry space. My current massive walk-in pantry houses dishes that used to live in the island before I took it out of the kitchen (it was on casters, so we moved it to the garage). Other little tweaks would need to happen too, but we'd make it work.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Nice kitchen. I'd want another sink in the island.

I could play with it and put the stove in the island or something, but I have too much counter space as it is (just collects shit that doesn't have a home right now) and moving my stove would allow for more empty counter space. But, i guess, so would the island... hmmm... interesting twist... thanks.

Here is another option, b/c there is a wall to the right of our kitchen like this one has... but I would go with a less "fussy" cabinetry... something a little less "fancy", I guess.

kitchen2.jpg

Lowe's has a cool kitchen planner with graph paper and little things you can cut out and move around to see if it all works. I'll probably do some playing with it and see if what I want to do will even work.

**Oh, and office hottie is even hotter in workout gear, a hooded sweatshirt and wet hair.... That is all.

Deathstorm 2013 Part I: No match so far for the ol' Ford Fusion! I love this freaking car. It totally kicks ass in snow. Got to work and sent a text to Brad telling him the Fusion said "Snow? What snow?" There was easily 2-3 inches of snow and slush on the roads. We're supposed to get up to 7 inches before the day is over. Yippee! I have class tonight, so might as well come to work too... Especially since I wouldn't skip class.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    It may get up to 60F today around here! The snow will be melted before lunch-time, I bet. Looks like it'll be back by Friday though. Guess it's winter!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I would fully expect what we're getting to hit you in a couple of days. It was 60 degress for us yesterday. Rained all day too. Then it got cold overnight and the snow started. My kid's school closed, so he's with his sister at SIL's house. She offered to keep him for $10 instead of the $18 add'l I would have paid for the full day at Latchkey. I pay for before and after school at Latchkey, which averages out to be $10 a day... full day would have been $18 or so more than I'd already paid for before/after school care, so I took the bargain. Plus, Brady is always hounding us about letting him stay with SIL. Win/win, I guess.

Tried a new recipe last night that was great! Parmesan-Dijon crusted Pork Chops by Peace, Love and Low Carb. She doesn't have the recipe available on her website anymore since she included it in a book, and according to her, for contractual reasons, she had to pull the recipe down. Anyhow, b/c the world wide web is so expansive, I ventured a guess that I'd be able to find the exact recipe, or one damn close to it, online elsewhere, so I googled it and found her recipe posted on someone else's blog. I love piraters!! lol Here it is if you want to try it. So tasty! I'll be made again for sure. Parmesan-Dijon Crusted Pork Chops with Chive Cauliflower Mash stephirock

I did not make the cauliflower mash, although I really wanted to. I started steaming my head of cauliflower, but while entering all the recipe info into MFP, I wasn't paying attention to the cauliflower and all the water boiled off, burning the veggies. Opted for steamed broccoli/cauliflower instead. Next time I will conquer the cauliflower mash!!

Just ordered the Peace, Love and Low Carb cookbook (ebook style). It was $10. I can't wait to print it and get it bound and ready for use. I love her recipes!

Peace, Love, and Low Carb: PLLC - 3 Ingredients to a Healthier You - NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER!!