Page 226 of 578 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 5779

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 226

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    No Fred Meyer's where I live... and I'm not a big zuccini fan. Willing to try nearly anything once though.
    I used to get the pizza sauce at Safeway but then they stopped carrying it. The Safeway/Vons near you may still have it.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Jenn, you must make this: Peace, Love, and Low Carb: Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

Seriously, you have me hooked on this site. AMAZING!!!
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I used to get the pizza sauce at Safeway but then they stopped carrying it. The Safeway/Vons near you may still have it.
    haha none of those by me either. lol

I have HyVee's and Walmarts. Oh and a Costco, but I'm not a member.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Jenn, you must make this: Peace, Love, and Low Carb: Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

Seriously, you have me hooked on this site. AMAZING!!!
    Oh that looks amazing! We will have to try that next week! Thank you!

Tonight, I cut up some potatoes (for Brad), and put them and carrots in the bottom of a cake pan. Then I added 7 chicken broth "ice cubes" and quartered an onion. On top of all this, I placed 8 chicken thighs. Under the chicken skin, I placed a tbsp of butter. Then topped with some rosemary, oregano, pepper, garlic, and parsley. Covered it all with foil and placed it in the oven.

It looks absolutely delicious!! I can't wait to eat it!!!

June68 is offline Senior Member
    That sounds delicious.

Oh and you might try making meatzza. Ken uses ground beef and/or bacon. For the beef, mix it gently with your fav seasonings if you like, then spread it thinly around a sheet pan. bake until it's just about cooked. Then add normal pizza toppings as you would to dough. bake until they're cooked (we usually sautee onions and peppers to get them started). For the bacon - weave it like you did those crappy potholders you made for your mom in camp. Again, bake it on its own until the bacon is just shy of crispy, then add toppings like you would any pizza and bake it again until cooked. You'll wonder why you at the crust before.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

I've been very intrigued by the meatza, but haven't attempted it yet. I have 3 lbs of ground beef and a pound of ground pork that I wasn't sure what to do with (was going to make a sausage gravy this weekend possibly). I could use it for a meatza. I bet my kids would like it too.

So, Brad got an award at work. His employer will give out $25 gift cards here and there as performance awards for this or that. This time, when asked where he wanted the gift card to, he said Amazon and sent me the link. He said "I thought I'd let you have it and then you can buy that cookbook you mentioned wanting the other day" (I want the Peace + Love + Low Carb cookbook - not sure it'll be on Amazon though). I thought that was super sweet of him. <3

*edit: found out the cookbook won't be available on Amazon until March... she's taking pre-orders until March 15. Guess I'll get something else now and when the book is available, buy it then.

Cut back on my supplements today. I ditched the maca, iodine, zinc and selenium. Kept the B12, cod liver oil, vitamin C and D3. Will continue the 5-htp as well, 2x per day. Oh and magnesium at night in case I forget to take the second 5-htp, like last night... *sigh*

Slept well. Kiddos slept through the night (I think... I slept so well I don't remember if I had to get up or not).

Reading Secret Garden right now. I didn't have another paleo book that I was dying to read at the moment (nor the funds to justify buying a new book for my Kindle) and Secret Garden was free. I remember when I was a kid having the book but never reading it. I also downloaded Little Women. It was also free. I figure those are literary classics and no woman should go without reading those two books at least once in her life... so that's my plan - to read those two books. I'm enjoying Secret Garden so far. I'm excited to keep reading it. Sometimes it's nice to unplug your brain after doing so much research and just read something for the sake of reading and not learning.

My boss is back to work this week. His brother, age 55, died of a heart attack last Monday. Completely unexpected. The guy was in great shape. He worked at a VA hospital, recognized the signs of a heart attack, sounded the alarms they have in place, but by the time they'd gotten to him, he had already died. Like any hospital, the VA has code alarms similar to fire alarms, but for cardiac and respiratory events. It's really sad because he was so young and it really threw my boss for a loop. The funeral is Monday. I feel really badly for him b/c he just lost his sister within the last year to cancer. Now, out of a family of 4 kids, there are only 2 left - I think his parents are still around, though.

It's almost time for my workout. Planning to walk today. Hoping for 2 1/2 miles. I can usually walk 3 miles in an hour, but I don't have an hour anymore - only 50 minutes (30 minute lunch, two 10 minute breaks). If I were to come in earlier, like say 7:30, I could take an hour and 20 minute lunch (1 hour lunch plus two 10 minute breaks). We are authorized to use our breaks in conjunction with our lunch to persue fitness or wellness activities as part of our employer's health and wellness program. I wonder if chiropractic appointments qualify... hmmm. Gonna have to ask.

Anyhow, I'm rambling now. I hope everyone is having a good day.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    What a sweet thing for Brad to do for you! He gets bonus points for that one huh?

Sounds like you're doing great at the work outs! I walk 2.25 miles a day - I have a set route in my neighborhood that works really great - and I'm starting on the bowflex again. We'll be seeing smaller numbers and scales and on our PANTS soon! woot woot!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I read a recently released article on the Sandy Hook incident written from the emergency personnel's point of view.

*fresh tears* *fresh heartache*

I feel so terribly sorry for those families and all those affected by this tragedy. 6 weeks later and it still makes me cry. I can only imagine the pain those families are still enduring. </3

Found a pic of what I want for a kitchen layout. It's very similar to what I want. Remember back when I was talking about renovating my kitchen? This is the layout I want. RIGHT. HERE. It would totally fit.

kitchen.jpg

I WANT IT NOW!!

The rest wouldn't work b/c of the placement of my son's bedroom, but the kitchen layout and island would.