Page 225 of 592 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 5919

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 225

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yowser... last night, sleep escaped me until about 1:30 am. I finally fell asleep on the couch. Brad woke me up at 4:30 or so and sent me back to bed. I'm sure he thinks it's his fault I was on the couch, but it wasn't. I just couldn't sleep. I thought maybe a change of scenery was in store. Once I fell asleep, I slept great. My son couldn't sleep either. Not sure what was in the air at our house last night... it was weird. Feeling ok today, though, despite the lack of sleep.

Gut is feeling crappy today (haha, no pun intended). I hope the feeling passes as I correct the diet...

190.something was the weight this morning.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

So I am super super excited about taxes. I finished up everything (I think) last night and our refund is much larger than anticipated. It turns out that the $14k we sold the business stuff for isn't going to hurt us b/c we had enough expenses to offset it. We sold at a loss and HRBlock's software said there was no depreciation in our equipment, so that helped us tremendously.

This will allow us to save for the furlough (which sounds like won't be happening based on the experience of some senior employees) and pay off the last remaining debt for Turn 3 Graphics. We're look at more than $7k in refund. YES! So, the $3,000 for the furlough can go into savings, the $2800 can be paid on the Turn 3 Graphics loan, leaving us with $2200 left to play with. Probably pay off some more debt - Should consider putting it toward the race car loan and the graphics loan (it would pay off both), but I think we would also benefit to put it toward a credit card. I'll play with the spreadsheet today and see what I can come up with as being the best option for us. Next year, we're going to blow it on a vacation, I think!

Right now, my boss is playing her music really loudly in her office and it's drowning mine out... I hate it when she does that... seriously - be considerate of those around you... I keep mine so low that the guy who sits across the room from me can't hear it out of respect for him maybe not liking the same music as me. I don't see why she doesn't do the same.

My gut is very unhappy today. I feel the need to go but nothing significant is happening. The need to go raises my anxiety for whatever bizzare reason, so anxiety is peaked right now.

Almost lunch time with means it's almost time to hit the gym.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Jenn - good luck with the paper - you can do it girl! Look at all the papers you've knocked out already - don't let the size of this one intimidate you. Will you have to go before a board and "defend" your thesis?

As for the carb binge........ I agree with Tasha -- time to reel it in. Especially when you always feel like crap afterwards. Is the food really worth the after effects? I finally decided that even my beloved Lorne Doone cookies were not worth feeling nauseous and bloated and chose to give them up. Maybe you could find a different strategy to deal with the occational parties and events that bring foods that will make you feel yucky. I've seen the suggestion to eat a full meal of good healthy primal food before you go to the party so you won't fill up on the carbs and junk food. Or you could plan a fast for that day - eat a good filling breakfast of things you love and then fast until breakfast the next day.

I'm dealing with how to navigate the weekends hubby wants to have rum. Upcoming vacation will be a challenge. I'm thinking - if I mix them all myself - I can put as little or NONE into my glass as I want and he'll never know. Course, that will leaves me drinking diet coke poisons.......... so I'm considering taking juice instead for me. But - thats a lot of carbs! I'll figure it out - I just don't want my vacation to be the pitfall of my good success on the HFLC path. This WOE really works for me and I plan to get to goal with it! 179.2 today ............. goal 132 = 47 pounds to go. easy peasy!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Tomi, the biggest issue this weekend was the party for Brad's work. I went with a plan after reviewing the menu... but when I got there, I learned the menu items that I had picked were not available - the group went with different meat selections. There was literally NOTHING there I could eat that would fit my plan. The steak was covered in gravy, the chicken was breaded and fried, and the pork chops came with a pineapple glaze (and were smoked and cured, so they were high carb from the start). The veg options was corn and potatoes. The only thing on the table that fit the plan was sauerkraut... Literally. Sauerkraut was the ONLY primal/paleo/LC food there.

Then yesterday, Brad worked an hour later than planned (9 hours of double time - can't complain, honestly) so I didn't get to go grocery shopping until after 4. Shopping kept me away from home until after 6 (I got home at 6:30). with baths and Brady's homework and all that regular Sunday night prep stuff (like breakfast for me and Brad for the week, etc), I decided we'd finish the high carb weekend off with some pizza and call it good.

it's behind me now. It's time to move on and start anew. I can easily maneuver the party on the 23d of february, so i'm not threatened there. I believe MIL is making the food since a sponsor is giving us a pig to cook up. Pulled pork, baby! YUMMERS!

Anyhow, off to the gym.

well, that does sound like a culinary mine field! I guess the only option would have been a fast for the evening - but thats difficult to do when you're hungry and expecting to eat - and everyone else is eating too - and its an eating event. You got slammed with crappy circumstances on that one!

yeah for overtime - boo for pizza (although I LOVE pizza! haven't had any for over a year!)

I'm thinking of trying that chicken/cheese mock pizza crust thing on the EMF recipe thread.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post

I'm thinking of trying that chicken/cheese mock pizza crust thing on the EMF recipe thread.
    I use zucchini rounds for pizza crust. I layer the rounds in a glass cake pan, top them with Muir Glen organic pizza sauce (I think Fred Meyer has it), cheese and toppings of choice. Then bake until cheese is bubbly.

It's not Padington's but does curb the pizza craving most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I use zucchini rounds for pizza crust. I layer the rounds in a glass cake pan, top them with Muir Glen organic pizza sauce (I think Fred Meyer has it), cheese and toppings of choice. Then bake until cheese is bubbly.

It's not Padington's but does curb the pizza craving most of the time.
    marcadav! Genius! I'm going to try that!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

No Fred Meyer's where I live... and I'm not a big zuccini fan. Willing to try nearly anything once though.

Killer workout today. Did my normal weight rotation, then went for the long walk at work. Burned 412 calories, when you divide that by 4 calories per gm carb, that's 103 gm of carbohydrate I burned up.

Sipping some bouillon and ate two boiled eggs. Plan for dinner is two chicken thighs with butter and spices. Nothing more on the plan right now. I need to remember to bring the Herb Ox to the office tomorrow. Had to beg, steal, and borrow some bouillon from the cafeteria and perusing the ingredients list showed wheat as an ingredient. I suppose after such a gluten bomb this weekend, a tiny bit in a cup of bouillon isn't going to kill me. There was also soy... but the crap is super tasty and 2 tbsp is only 1 calorie. Seriously. So, it'll suffice for today.

Plan to eat some almonds later.

I just carried a 50 lbs box of paper 176 yards (approximately). My fingers are worn out now...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good job, Jenn!!!! slap those little carb calories right out of the room!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation