Page 223 of 593 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 223

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, if you are only taking 1 50mg pill of 5htp like me, then there is no need to split the dose. I have been taking mine after dinner and it is working great. Sleep better, mood better, zero binge urge.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Overdid the carbs at lunch apparently. Pushing 45 carbs. 10% goal is only 38 carbs. Already over that goal. Definitely don't want to go over 50 or I'll lose my "trace" ketosis. Of course, I was guessing total quantities of my salad items and tried to over estimate them. Hopefully I did.

not sure what to do for dinner now. Thinking burgers, but the protein is too high. Still have 357 calories to play with. I have class tonight so I'm pretty limited on what I can eat... I won't have the ability to cook for myself. I need something with only 7 grams of protein and 47 grams of fat, but ZERO carbs... suggestions? I do NOT like avocado, so please don't recommend that.

Stupids salads... I'd be fine if I hadn't had a salad for lunch. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Jenn, if you are only taking 1 50mg pill of 5htp like me, then there is no need to split the dose. I have been taking mine after dinner and it is working great. Sleep better, mood better, zero binge urge.
    Right now I'm only taking 50 mg... I'm looking toward the future, anticipating that 50 mg won't be enough. I take it at 3 now (last couple of days) and not noticing the benefit yet. Probably not enough time to make that judgement. Would prefer to take it in the morning so I have the benefit of a good mood through the day, but apparently it doesn't work that way. And still grumpy in the mornings.

I need more time on it, but I'm looking forward. And I was too lazy to go browse back through my journal to find her answer, so I asked again.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Add a second dose at dinner and see if that helps. That is what I would try anyway.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

7 pm ok? Dinner tonight will be around 5 since I have class at 6. I took my last dose at 3.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Not in ketosis yet... hoping it's soon. Tired of feeling tired. I need so badly to remember this draggy feeling when I go off the rails again. Maybe it'll keep me in check - yeah right.

Still 3 lbs heavier than last week too. Damn crap food. *sigh*
    this exactly!!!! I don't have trouble with eating poorly - just staying alcohol free. I always feel like total do-do the next day! Somehow I tell myself I won't - and that gives me the okay to indulge. I think after this last weekend - starting at 178.6 - and ending at 183 AND feeling like I was run through the food processor --- I don't want to even think about drinking again. Honestly it makes me nauseous to even imagine the taste............ yuck! Now - the real challenge is to HOLD ON to this feeling so I'm not wanting rum on our vacation!

I want to get my weight loss back on schedule - and I'm currently 9 pounds OVER where I wanted to be right now. So - its buckle down and get serious time! You with me???
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm guessing by the amount of pee I have expelled from my body this afternoon and by the yucky taste in the back of my mouth that I am entering ketosis again... unfortunately, I'm peeing SO much and it's SO light in color that it's not changing the ketosticks. Oh well. I feel more energized right now... like almost hyper energized. maybe it's the 5-htp kicking in? maybe it's ketosis? dunno... but it's nice to feel energized.

Time to leave for class/dinner. I haven't read the materials... *sigh* too much going on with researching for my paper and trying to nail down a topic. No idea what I want to eat for dinner... very limited in my choices simply b/c of the carb count I reached today b/c of that BAS. Probably just going to be a burger patty and a couple eggs from Village Inn (or a ham & cheese omelet, but no way to track it, accurately, anyway, b/c it's not in MFP...)

Not really hungry, but know that half way through class I'll be ravenous and unable to eat anything... and won't get out of class til 10... eating at 10 would probably be a bad idea.

See you all tomorrow.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Dinnertime range is anywhere 5-8pm for me, so I think it'll be fine. It may take some time to figure out the best timing for you. Dinner and bed time just work well for me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

How do I know again if I'm hitting the right dosage and dosage time?

Today I woke up less tired. I still WANTED to sleep, but only b/c I like sleeping and didn't want to start my day yet, but I only dozed instead of falling into a deep slumber again with each hit of the snooze button. Took the 5-htp yesterday at 3 and 7. Feeling sleepy today, but that could be the result of carb-detox too. I'm sure everything will eventually work out and I'll be less groucy and angry bear like in the morning.

Didn't bring any food with me to work today. I went to the caf and got a 3 egg omelet with onion, ham & cheese and had a side of 2 sausage patties. 500 some calories. Should hold me over for a while.

My pandora radio is playing some kick ass tunes today. I turned on my "Five Finger Death Punch" station and started adding to it. It's now less a "FFDP" channel and more a "Jenn's favorite bands channel" - very similar to my iPod, but I don't have to buy new songs for it to keep up with my current faves.

I got my copy of the Primal Sauces book yesterday (and a jar of coconut manna). I'm so excited to really sit down with the book and pick some sauces to try. Some of them look/sound REALLY good. I like the look of his mayo more than the one I was using. The one I was using calls for coconut oil and gets hard in the fridge. Fully intend to try his mayo, among many other recipes. I really need to invest in a blender and a better food processor.

Downloaded the runtastic pedometer to my phone... not sure I like it. The screen has to be active in order for it to work (on my phone anyway). If the screen goes to sleep, it stops counting. And I can't take it with me everywhere at work b/c we have secure areas where laptops, mp3 players, cell phones, cameras, etc, aren't allowed. I have to go into these rooms periodically, so I'd have to remember to take my phone out of my pocket before I enter them. Usually, I just keep my phone on my desk, then it's not a problem... but if I have the phone on pedometer mode in my pocket, I'd likely forget. Plus, with my particular phone, having to keep the screen active would murder my battery. Might look for a different app. I have a nice pedometer at home, but it needs a battery and I can't find a screwdriver in our massive collection of screwdrivers that fits the screw... I'll work on it some this weekend.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Usually, they take an eyeglass screwdriver. A flat head will work for a Phillips.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome