Page 222 of 584 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 5837

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 222

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It sounds like he gets 3 or 4 warnings.

I have found that physically redirecting him is what works the best. For instance, if he's playing with toys instead of putting his coat on, I have to physically take his arm and gently pull him away from what he's doing while explaining to him that it's time to put our coat on. But I don't think she's allowed to do this kind of redirection.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

gostate05 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post

She said it seems like he's always trying to be the center of attention.
    She knows he's a little kid right? That's a pretty standard behavior! Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the meeting went well.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Probably not, as sue happy as this country is.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Carb-flu = tired Jenn. Sleepy Jenn. I just wanna take a nap. And reading articles on how to build a "visionary business" aren't helping... lol

By the way, my thesis was approved.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yay for the approval. Boo for tired Jenn. (I hafta double check every time that I put the 2nd 'n' in your name.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    (I hafta double check every time that I put the 2nd 'n' in your name.)
    lol it gets misspelled all the time. I'm used to it. It's what I get for trying to be an individual in high school.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Jenn - it sounds like you and the teacher are on the same page and moving in the same direction. I think NK's "this behavior always gets THIS action" ........ and visa versa with the reward is a really good way to approach this with Brady. Some kids just need firm boundaries, ya know? Wishy washy stuff just confuses them.

Heck - even our 22 year old (oldest daughter) had to be told flat out "this has to stop! you have more important things to worry about than what color paint we put on the walls! WE pay the mortgage, YOU don't" ---- thats what it took to get her to stop fighting for control of the house. (course, then she moved out) Anything less and she just ignored it. Her dad even wrote up a list of "house rules" and gave it to her.......... nope, she ignored it. Honestly I don't think she even read it.

Anyway......... maybe if Brady knows he only gets ONE warning, he'll be able to better control himself in class. ????? I think its worth a try. Give it a month and see if things change?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I have a headache today... I think I'm dehydrated. Trying to push fluids today.

Question about the 5-htp. Nameless, when do you take it again? I set a reminder on my phone to take it at 3 each day, but I remember you saying you take it twice a day.

Could 5-htp cause headache?

Listening to some music from my college days - Boy bands and the like. Reminds me of the fun I had in college - frat parties and such. When I first turned on the Pandora radio and started listening, I laughed. Normally I'm an alterna-rock/heavy metal gal. lol But in college, my neighbors and I got into a boy band kick. Backstreet Boys, NSync, Brittney Spears, Christina Aguliera and the like were our go-to bands. We'd dance around the room, and laugh hysterically with each other. Blast it from our cars with the windows down. Just being silly. I miss feeling silly like that. Not much silliness goes on anymore. Too many responsibilities, I suppose.

Chiro appointment in 30 minutes. My neck and shoulders are really sore. As are my thighs. I believe it's all residual DOMS from my workout on Tuesday. Well, I know the ache in my thighs is from my workout. Hoping shoulder and neck stiffness are too.

Not in ketosis yet... hoping it's soon. Tired of feeling tired. I need so badly to remember this draggy feeling when I go off the rails again. Maybe it'll keep me in check - yeah right.

Still 3 lbs heavier than last week too. Damn crap food. *sigh*

Brady update: Mrs. Riggs sent home a note last night stating she's got a new behavior system she wants to try and will send home a note with details on Friday. Interested to see what she's got in mind.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    It could probably cause a headache. I know if I take too much Tyrosine I get a headache, but I don't know if 5-HTP can. I wouldn't rule it out immediately, anyway. Could also be the dhydration (or a combination of the two).

I split my dose up to take at dinner and about an hour or 90 min before I want to go to bed. If you are taking yours earlier, try mid-afternoon and dinner.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sooooo tired today. Just wanna sleep. Headache is finally starting to go away after chiro appointment. Possibly my neck was the culprit?

J Lo on the Pandora. Love it. lol

BAS for lunch. Not sure how to track it. Going to guestimate.