Page 22 of 590 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 22

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I concur, Tomi! I hate it when they get stuck, which is why I try to take them before I eat so that other food forces them down. Oh, I felt terrible earlier today! That was the worst I'd felt in a long time. Definitely won't be taking those without food again. It went on for hours!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh my, I am tired this morning! I feel I could do well with a nap... but sadly, I'm at work... and for whatever reason, naps are fround upon at work...

Yesterday I (*kind of) IF'd and plan to do an IF again today. Aside from feeling sick from my vitamins and needing something to calm my stomach and using dark chocolate to do so, I managed to avoid food for lunch.

MAN! I can't stay awake today! WTH??

9:15
    Vitamins

B: 9:45
    3 boiled eggs
    4 sausage links
    too many almonds

S: Time ??
    Dove Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate bar

D: 7:00
    Ribeye
    baked potato
    California blend veggies

S: coconut with wc, coconut with wc, and coconut with strawberries and wc.

I think I'm gonna take a walk and then come back. I need to wake up before I get busted...

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Well, I think a special cozy room at workplaces with comfy cots would do wonders for employees health! And the morning people could cover for afternoon people, etc. I guess it doesn't work that way though. Darm

Looking at your food list and I'm probably being really obtuse, but what is wc. Came up with a bunch of stuff including white chocolate, but I'm missing it:-)

Hope your energy level perks up! That is not fun. And they just don't set jobs up for our personal rhythms. Kids don't do that either:-):-):-)

Ok, I'm back... Today has been really tough and I don't understand why. I went to bed at a decent hour, didn't get up any earlier than usual, except when DH left for work, he deposited our daughter in our bed with me and she chattered until almost 6. Everytime the alarm went off she said "what's that?" I'd tell her it was the clock and she'd say "clock?" I'd say, "yes, clock". She'd say "go get it mommy". She's so funny sometimes. So maybe that little sleep that's typically broken up by the alarm clock was further disrupted by her enough to send me into this state...

My plan for today was to eat breakfast and then IF until about 5 pm tonight when I would eat dinner before going to class until 10. I've been kind of snacking on almonds in an futile attempt to stay awake at my desk. It's been so difficult and I'm fearful one of these times when I doze off, I'm gonna get in trouble. I took my vitamins, so I don't get it. DH says I'm a "second shifter" in that my mind and body don't fire up until midday and rages on until about 10. I am inclined to agree with him. I'm often very lethargic in the AM and can't seem to get out of bed when the alarm goes off. I wish there was a way to reset the body to normal business hours...

Over lunch today I'm going to take a walk. I'll walk for about an hour - should be able to span about 3 miles. Hopefully that will help to refresh me. I haven't done any exercise in over a week to relax my adrenals. Yesterday I thought it had worked, but today I'm not so sure. It's only 57 degrees right now, but it's not windy so maybe it'll feel warmer out there. If it's not, I'll go to the gym and walk on the treadie instead.

I'm becoming interested in this Schwarbein book everyone's talking about. I've discussed hormones with DH (not the bedroom gymnastics hormones, but hormones in general) and how they can affect whether or not you have depression, anxiety, autoimmune disorders, etc. But I don't know enough about it to teach anything, so I think it might be a good idea to find an expert in the field and read up. I'm especially interested in how to replace my SSRI's with naturally made hormones produced in my own body by the foods I consume. Hopefully I don't have to eat something that I find to be gross (like bovine brain - are they still infected with mad cow disease and illegal to consume??) to produce the necessary hormones to eliminate the drugs completely. Additionally, if I can find foods I like that produce bedroom gymnastics hormones, DH will be eternally pleased.

I'm also keeping tabs on those who are going shampoo-less to see how their experiments play out. I know nameless was going shampoo-less but I fell off of her journal for whatever reason and haven't gotten caught back up. That might be a good job for tomorrow while I sit here with nothing to do at work again. Today I have to write a paper for class tonight. It'll be an easy one - only 3 pages long compared to the 6 that are typically due each week. *sigh* And then I saw some people are going toothpaste-less and soap-less. It's logical b/c I don't think Mrs Grok had a closet full of BedHead shampoo or Oil of Olay body wash or Crest with Scope. One thing I would HATE to see people give up, though, is their Secret antiperspirant... but if they do, it'll be interesting to read about. I'll be interested to see how the toothpaste-less trials go... morning breath worries me.

I suppose. 10 minutes until I'm supposed to call in to a teleconference for the guys at work, then I'll take my walk. Haven't decided if I want to attempt to walk and read or if I just want to listen to some tunes. Decisions decisions...

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    jenn...Schwarzbien's would be a good book to start with but there are a number of good ones out there. Last week I read Jillian Micheal's book about Mastering Your Metabolism. Excellent explanations & might be a good one to "get your feet wet with" so to speak. There is also one I read from the library that I'm going to order my own copy of because I think it will be one I'll refer to often..."The Women's Guide to Thyroid Health" by Kathryn R. Simpson. I give it 10 stars! There is also a section on the adrenals as she says the two are so closely entwined. I also have another one I checked out from the library called Hormone Harmony (I think) but haven't read it yet. Will after I get done with Schwarzbien's book.

I love the reference to "bedroom gymnastics hormone's"!! If one hormone is out of balance then they all are! So improving one or two or however many that need improving will improve them all!!! I could use a little help in that area as well.

Hope you perk up soon!!! Being bored makes me sleepy!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    I'll have to check into that Simpson book later, PC.

Jenn, I don't really believe anyone is naturally a night owl or 2nd shifter no matter what. I think there is just something in the body that is off. It could be off because certain habits are contributing to it or, as I think happened in my case, I don't think I got a good head start at birth. Some body clock things/hormone problems can be passed on from the mother and just keep on going, obviously, until some pretty hard breaks are pressed on. I'm gonna have to figure out what those breaks are this year ... or early next year. Whenever my evening shift ends.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

It probably has to do with our society not using natural light as a cue to sleep and wake. Who wants to go to bed at 4:30 pm in December?? But at the same time, I'd love to sleep til 8 am every day!!

I think TV, synthetic light, computers and other electronic devices are at fault. If night life was boring, we'd probably go to bed... but, we have tv shows to watch, computer games to play, facebook to check up on, email to read and write and text messages to answer... can't go to sleep yet... I've got this, this, and this to do...

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Seriously. To go into even more detail than my last journal post on sleep did, my mom said specifically one of the first things I did in life was become mesmerized by a TV screen playing Miami Vice. She said I couldn't take my eyes off! And then I'm sure there was more late-night television to be watched later.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    I remember reading an article, but don't remember where/what exactly, but it was about morning and evening people. Apparently also this is quite primal: this way there was always someone awake to guard the tribe. So you girls are just the night guardians of our primal tribe! Trying to remember where I read this....
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    well...even at an early age you showed taste! Who couldn't take their eyes off of a young Don Johnson!!???? That was a great show btw!

With the sleep thing...again we only need to go back as far as our grandparents or great grandparents for an example (& not even all the way back to the Grok family's time.) They went to bed shortly after dark...& got up at dawn usually! Life on a farm started early...cows to milk, animals to feed, or turn out of the barn. Cooking started early too...bread to be made, gardens to be weeded before it got to hot. They would probably be horrified to see our way of life now! Never ending electricity... lights...computers...cell phones...video games...etc...life was hard back then...but simpler I think.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!