Page 219 of 593 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 5923

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 219

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry for the de-rail Jenn ----

Pebbles - I edited my ticker to count the pounds (10) that I had lost pre-primal. I figured if I'm going to count pounds lost I might as well count 'em all! Besides - it looks better!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi ladies. Took one 50 mg 5-htp at 5 pm... it's 11 pm and while I feel like my mood is elevated, so is my alertness and energy... not feeling like I could sleep right now. Do you suppose 5 pm is too late to be taking it? I did not take a 2nd capsule tonight. Should I?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sorry Jenn, I was asleep when you posted the above. I would stick with 50mg and maybe move it an hour or two earlier. I take mine at 5 which has me ready to sleep by 10. I had another great night of sleep except my dumb husband woke me up twice.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think most people do not experience a wakening effect from the 5-HTP, but SOME do, and have to take it earlier. Try a little earlier next time, and keep knocking it back till you don't feel like/think it's affecting your ability to fall asleep. It's very possible you'll need to take it in the AM!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

When it came down to it, I was able to sleep without a problem and slept all night long - well, until my son woke me up b/c he'd peed his bed. *sigh* It was weird b/c I posted that message and then laid down. Within minutes I was sleeping. I seriously felt energized and ready to tackle something, but it didn't keep me from sleeping, which was nice. I don't remember if I was groggy this morning or not b/c I was awaken early by my son - who had again peed his bed at 5:30 - and was concentrating on getting to him quickly so he didn't wake his sister.

I will take it earlier today and see how it works out. I wish I could take it in the morning b/c that's when I'm my grumpiest.

I finished reading Practical Paleo last night. I think it's a good book, for someone who's already read a book or two about paleo and knows the ins and outs of it. Otherwise, it's a book without much in regards to scientific studies for backing. She explains paleo like you and I know it, but for someone who's new to the idea would be like "Prove it".

BUT, she offers a lot of different plans for different goals - thyroid health, autoimmune health, cancer recovery, etc. I don't like her plan for fat loss so much b/c I found it to be rather carb heavy, but she does suggest keeping carbs on the lower end between 50 and 100 gm a day. I'll stick with my 30 something carbs. She also said to reduce saturated fat consumption, which I disagree with based on my own studies, but hey, n=1, right?

Anyhow, I'm going to write a review of it at Amazon. I already wrote one for google books. Copy and paste!

Sold the idea behind Kill Everything tea to another friend. She's going to try it. I picked up two more boxes of Zen and Calm last night - one box each for work and one box each for home. I've found I enjoy drinking it simply b/c it's tasty and not so much b/c I'm trying to fight off a bug.

Donating blood today - hopefully - if Mother Nature didn't deplete my iron too much this last week.

Feeling pretty good today. I'm sure that'll change when I pay bills later on.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Hopefully taking it at night will help with the morning grumpiness. Probably directly linked to cortisol, serotonin, and sleep amount/quality. I know it helps me wake up quicker and be less grumpy, as well as not stumble into things as much!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

well, bills weren't as stressful as I had anticipated. I overspent last week, primarily b/c I didn't plan well. I forgot while I was grocery shopping that I had class two nights this week... so I failed to pick up something that Brad could prepare for dinner for those two nights (he's not a cook, has no interest in learning), and I failed to pick up something for lunch for me the two days after, since he would not be making a dinner to fit my goals. So, we overdrew - the bank doesn't know, but it prevented me from saving as much money this week and I had planned. But, there is now $100 set aside for Christmas already (which cannot be re-allocated once it's in the Christmas Club account without physically going to the credit union and without paying a 3% fee for early withdrawal), and there is $550 set aside in the emergency fund for when I get furloughed. It's a start. Goal is to have $1400 in there before I take my time off. HOPEFULLY, Congress will get its shit together and make a decision so there won't be a need for the furlough and we'll have a nice start to a regular ol' baby emergency fund a la Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University protocol. Next week we pay a HUGE chunk toward the race car loan and pay off the first sleep study. Good times! Good times!

Speaking of the race car... it's getting it's "skin" put on Monday night. If anyone is interested in keeping up with Brad's racing, please let me know and I'll add you to our Facebook "group" or whatever it is. You'll see pics of the race car with and without skin there, and get regular updates each week on how he does once the season starts.

Weight is sticking at 188.0... why can't it drop to 187.8 or something so I can change my ticker? lol Food plan for today has me 4 calories over my goal. I'm not going to sweat 4 calories. Hopefully I can feel full enough with that and not feel the need to eat more later.

Donating blood in an hour. If my iron is high enough. Took my Stress B tab with iron, so maybe I'll be ok. I've remembered to take it the last two days so with any luck my iron will be high enough. If not, I guess I'll wait til next time. I have no intentions of eating a cookie afterward. If I remember, I'll walk around the kitchenette and avoid that area all together - but the way they have it set up, you're drawn through that area when you leave.

Brad took yesterday off and washed 4 loads of laundry, folded all of his own stuff and put it away. He also washed, dried and put away all the dishes. +2 brownie points for him! AND he gave Makenna a bath! ok, +3 points. I'll commence folding when I get home from my appointment. May take a nap too. I can always fold clothes later.

Alya, than you for the book recommendations. I'll go check them out on Amazon now.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Jenn,
    I suggest you see if another person- principal, school psychologist, special ed teacher-- can observe your son's class and what is happening. That way you get another viewpoint of your son's behavior and the teacher's interaction with him as well as with other students.

I think it's important that the teacher doesn't know why the observation is taking place.

The observer can then give you, and possibly the teacher, feedback that might help the situation. Having someone observe can also help if you decide to see about having your son transferred to another classroom.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Jenn, please add me to the FB group. Sounds like fun.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    no worries Jenn, hopefully something helps. That Laura Markham book in particular has helped us