Page 215 of 580 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 5796

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 215

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm actually finding a lot of stuff on employee motivation, so maybe I will go that route.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The effects of "motivation" on workers. You can tie into the heirarchy of needs, how well motivatioal speeches and posters work, compare the effectiveness of pay ve time off as a reward.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I am considering transformational leadership too. Something like transactional versus transformational, which is a topic where motivation also comes into play.

The hardest part is that I don't enjoy my current job, so I'm kind of going into this with a negative grasp. Maybe I should poll some people in the area and see what kind issues they think are here that I can write about. The problem with where I sit, as an employee, is that I'm too high on the totem pole (or rather work too high on the totem pole - I'm not too high considering I'm the lowest ranking person here, but the office I work in is too high) and most of the problems faced in our organization are either solved before they reach this level or are kept a secret from this level. I think I'll do that. I'll email a couple of people and ask them about any leadership problems they see.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with it Sounds way more complicated than my Anatomy and Physiology unit LOL.
    I am doing my exam tomorrow night (if it arrives at my supervisors house by then!) My first exam in 13 years

I would much rather do that than this, honestly. Someday I will go back to school and focus on the human body - either through medicine or preventive care (nutrition, etc). I wish Paleo was more mainstream and they were teaching paleo ideals in nutrition classes. Maybe by then they will be.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    You would be a great Pediatric Nutritionist.

Aw, thanks, Judy!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I hope you can do something that really interests you soon. I am loving the animal homeopathy course too. So interesting. The second module talks about how bad grains are for our pets

Brady's teacher emailed me yesterday. I had asked her to take Brady off the milk roster because I keep getting a notification that his account is low and the only way to not get that email is to get taken off the roster. She replied telling me that Brady got red that day b/c he hit a friend and thought saying sorry would be enough to make it go away. She said she wants to meet with Brad and I to discuss what to do next b/c obviously the "diet" changes aren't enough (yes, she really did put it in quotes).

I'm fuming mad. At her, not him. Kids hit their friends... it's a fact of life. Until they learn personal boundaries, they are going to hit their friends at least once or twice. He's a boy.

I wrote a long email back to her:

Looking at the calendar you were sending home, with all the first and second smilies circled, I assumed he was doing fine at school over the last couple of months.

I am at a loss as to what to do to make him behave for you. He comes home crying on days that he gets blue and red saying that he's a bad kid and all of his classmates are better than him and that he can't get yellow because it's too hard. This color system is killing my kid's self-esteem. He's constantly comparing himself to other kids and that is just not right. He is his own person, with his own attributes, his own personality, and he should NOT be feeling like a failure at six years of age because of some arbitrary and subjective color behavior code system.

Additionally, I think some of the things you've been writing him up for are a bit absurd. He took his crown off on his birthday and you made him change his color? He's NOT a bad kid and I am VERY upset that he feels he is. It's amazing to me that he's so misbehaved in your classes, but yet the daycare he attended prior to school had no issues with him, nor does the Latchkey.

What solution do YOU propose? We've disciplined him for getting blues and reds. We rewarded him for getting yellows and greens. We've switched his diet up in an attempt to correct any possible food related behaviors. I mentioned before that I think he could be bored - as in not challenged enough mentally. In preschool, he had to be separated from the class and taught to read because he was bored and disruptive. He was bored with the curriculum because he already knew it and felt it was boring to rehash it. Pulling him aside for sight words worked wonders for Mrs. Holladay. I would like to know what kind of challenges you are posing for him to challenge and occupy his mind so he's not as disruptive in class. Is it possible that the problem is stimuli? Classroom stimuli or lack of positive attention? BOTH have a significant impact on a child's behavior.

I understand that hitting his peers is uncalled for and should absolutely result in a color change to red. I DISAGREE that starting the class song too early, taking too many paper towels, and taking off his crown warrant such drastic color changes. I understand you have a code of conduct that must be adhered to in your classroom, and I understand it is meant to prepare him for grade school, but I am at a loss as to what to do about making him mind you and his other teachers. I don't know what to do at this point.

He's a stubborn, bullheaded, challenging child. I agree 100% about that. But that's part of his personality and these same traits that drive you nuts during the day are the very traits that will make him very successful in the future. As a teacher with many years of experience, I am more than willing to consider any possible solutions you might have to offer.

I will get with his father to determine a date and time in which to meet with you.
    I did not send it b/c Brad told me to wait and we'll talk about it at the meeting, which I guess is going to take place tomorrow afternoon. The thing is that I won't be confrontational face to face.

So, for the time being, I guess we'll let the gluten and dairy free thing go and see what happens. If his misbehavior escalates, then we'll go back. This makes me so angry. I can't help but think that it's not actually a problem with him, but a problem with the way the school is handling him. Paula, I'm especially interested in your opinion.

I'm especially weak mentally today. Makenna had me up from 10 pm til 3 am when Brad finally went and got her to sleep in our bed with us. Then at 4, his alarm went off (he decided to play hookie from work today), then at 6 mine went off. I'm exhausted. And emotional as a result.

I've been really pissy lately too. Like angry, annoyed, frustrated, overwhelmed pissy. I think it's lack of sleep. So, my intent is going to be to find myself in bed my 9:30 every night that I don't have class (so, every Thursday and and every other Wednesday I'll be up a little later). In bed by 9:30, lights out by 10:00. That will give me 8 full hours to sleep - provided it's not interrupted by the two stupid dogs, the two kids, or my snoring husband. I get furiously angry when I have constant disturbances. Last night, Makenna started waking up at 10. Then I kid you not, every 15 minutes to half hour, she was fussing and required attention. Every half hour for 5 freaking hours. At 2:30 I finally told Brad he needed to do something b/c I was going to lose my mind. She fussed 3 more times before 3:00, at which point he just brought her to our room. After that she slept fine.

And, of course, as we all know, when we lack sleep, we lack mental capacity to handle stress, even mild stress, so I get upset. I get angry, annoyed, and frustrated. I start getting short with my kids, which doesn't make either one of us feel good.

Of course, I have class tonight (til 10, then a half hour drive home), so it'll be a late night. I can't tell you how much I hope Makenna (and Brady for that matter) sleep tonight. And how badly I want the dogs to be moved back outside so their wanderings don't wake me. Or how badly I want Brad to stop snoring. I just want sleep. Why is that so damned hard to ask for?