Page 214 of 593 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 214

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    That kind of behavior is what my doctor said would be cause for concern. Considering your body is probably still recovering from the birth control, it will probably right itself, but I would say definitely go to the doctor next month if it occurs again. Get those hormones tested! Even if your body normalizes, something like Vitex (if you have low progesterone) might be a good idea. You can decrease as needed. But I wouldn't mess around with that without test results and a doctor's input.

So what are these cream cheese clouds I keep hearing about?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    8 oz cream cheese
    1 stick butter (or 1/2 cup)
    vanilla to taste
    sweetener of choice - recipe calls for 1/2 to 3/4 cup stevia. I used 1 tbsp local honey

Blend together, make little balls (more like plops) and set onto wax paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze. Eat at will. Makes 24 little "balls". 2 balls is a serving.

A cookie dough scoop might work well for the task of forming them.

I toasted some coconut. I chilled the balls to set them a bit, then rolled them in the toasted coconut, and then froze them. I prefer them a little less frozen, so I might move them to the fridge.

They taste like cheesecake. They are also so versatile they could be flavored any way you wanted. Maple syrup instead of honey, almond extract instead of vanilla, sugar free cocoa powder, etc. Very good options for this one.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 01-15-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I decided to make some kill everything tea in the same mug I make my Herb Ox in... despite washing it, my tea has a distinct flavor of chicken... not sure I'm a fan of peppermint, spearmint and chicken...

YAY! Mark's Sauces book has dropped in price by about $3!! I think I'm in now. I have that $25 gift card from my bosses that I haven't used yet. The only thing I don't like is that I'll have to use the remaining balance when I make my next purchase... booooo... Maybe I'll look at getting some coconut aminos with the rest of it.

I just finished planning the fake trip for my household, parents households, and neighbors that is due for class on Thursday. It was great fun planning a Disney Cruise for all of us. All of the households have kids that will benefit (except the 16 year old boy might think it's lame). I swapped out the grouchy neighbors for my sister's family and the neighbors I don't know for my SIL's family, but included the family across the street b/c they're pretty cool. That's 21 total people going on our trip.

We have three 30 year olds, eight 50 year olds, one 40 year old, two 20 year olds, one 18 year old (she's mentally disabled and autistic), one 16 year old, one 7 year old, one 6 year old, one 4 year old, and one 3 year old and one 2 year old.

Guest list includes:
    Me, Brad, Brady (6), Makenna (2)
    SIL, BIL, nephew (3)
    Sister, nephew (7), niece (4)
    MIL, FIL
    Mom, Stepdad
    Dad, Stepmom
    Mr. Neighbor, Mrs. Neighbor, 1st daughter (22), 2nd daughter (18 disabled/autistic), son (16)

There is so much to do on this trip. It's a 4 night trip, leaving from Miami, FL, then headed to Castaway Cay, which is a privately owned island in the Bahamas (by Disney) with beaches for all age groups, snorkling, sight seeing, and glass bottom boats! Then on to Nassau Bahamas (where my SIL/BIL have been before - honeymoon) that includes historic trips, hikes, and shopping, stuff the 5 youngest kids will probably not appreciate. Then on to Key West, FL for more shopping and sightseeing that will be totally uninteresting for the 5 youngest kids.

The boat will be awesome. I asked them to help us celebrate Brady's birthday - his birthday is the 10th and the boat sets sail on the 15th. Dinner can be in a fancy adult only restaurant or in Disney themed restaurants (how freaking awesome??) Screw that adult crap! I'm all about the Disney themed stuff!!

I really wish it was a real trip b/c it sounds so freaking fun! We'll have to make it a reality sometime VERY soon.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    One thing that I would ask, in terms of a critique is: Do they have babysitters/aides for the autistic/disabled daughter? Not sure how much help/supervision she would need, but it won't be a break for the parents and older sister if she needs continual assistance. Ditto general babysitting/or staff supervised activities for the children. I'm assuming 'yes' since it is a Disney cruise, but thought I would throw that out there.

I was just told by Cori that Disney offers children's activities that are separate from the adult activities and it's part of the experience to leave your kids. Personally, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that, so would likely spend the time with my kids experiencing all there is to experience with them - which is kind of the point in taking them. Everyone else that is "invited" would likely feel the same way, except we would probably take one night to do some adult stuff without our kids - likely a grandparent would keep them b/c that's how they are. I love Disney and can't wait to go back, so I would want to do all the Disney themed things. Sure my kids would probably end up driving me batshit crazy at some point, but it would still be a good time.

The neighbor girl is 18, but from what I understand, has the mental capacity of a 12 year old, even though she's a senior in high school. They don't leave her home alone, ever, but she's generally easy to have around. She would have so much fun on a Disney trip. It would be a site to see. She loves playing in water, so chances are she'd probably never leave the pool! lol Big sister is in love with her little sister and I can see Big Sister taking it upon herself to care for her Little Sister. I liken Little Sister to being like having Brady around. He's old enough to drag along, not old enough to go alone, and still needs assistance with taking care of himself, but generally not a bother, as long as he's entertained and supervised a little.

I think the trip would be a blast, even with all those people.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    That can be normal after so long without it. Hormonal BC can really mess things up. It should be better the next time around.

I certainly hope so. Still going strong but not massacre style. It's "normal to heavy" now.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Starting my last two classes this week. On May 11th, I will be a Master's program graduate! I can't believe it! But first I have to trudge through writing this 30-40 page paper on a Leadership Issue (issue yet to be defined... *gulp*) and my Strategic Planning class (the class we had to come up with a trip for).

Here is the first page of my syllabus for the thesis:

"This course serves as the final project for the Master of Organizational Leadership (MOL) degree. During this course, each student will prepare a comprehensive research paper evaluating a leadership problem, reviewing the literature on that problem and proposing three propositions as solutions. This Capstone Paper is completed through an iterative process of planning, research, reflection, writing, proofreading, submitting drafts, receiving feedback from the instructors and re-writing this research paper. The goal is to drill down into an issue deep enough to demonstrate understanding and mastery of a leadership area.

The Capstone Paper is graded on a pass/fail basis. Several drafts are expected to be submitted and approved before final passage. Passing this class is required for graduation from teh Master of Organizational Leadership program.

Each student is expected to write a research paper of approximately 30-40 double-spaced pages. The majority of this volume is literature review of articles and scholarly writing serving as a background compilation centered on the student's Problem Statement. The literature is to be more narrow and deep regarding a leadership area. Only the literature that is pertinent to the Problem Statement and that will be discussed in the Discussion stage of this paper is to be presented and reviewed in the Literature Review.

The Capstone Paper provides each student an opportunity to research and write about a leadership area specific to their interest. These papers will be archived by the MOL program and provided to future students unless a student expresses otherwise."

I'm sure it won't be as hard as I am anticipating it to be, but... research is not my strong suit. And since I don't have a "problem" in mind yet, I'm at a loss as to when I'll actually begin my research. Right now, I'm thinking about going "generic" and making my problem statement "Employers do not know the difference between leadership and management", and elaborating on that from there. But I also want to focus on motivation and Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, but I don't know how to narrow that down to the point at which they want it, nor do I think narrowing it down will produce a 30 page paper... I will have to see how class goes tonight...