Page 213 of 553 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 5525

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 213

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Aw your daughter is cute Jenn.
    I really don't trust Drs, and avoid them like the plague. I use homeopathics/herbals first. I do know my children though, so I know if I do need other treatments. Its one of the reasons I had a homebirth second time around.
    I hope things improve for you soon, I really do. Are you looking for other work? Sorry, I can't remember if you have said already.

Yay for loose jeans! I hope one day I can wear jeans. I have not felt comfortable wearing them, since I was a teenager, and a normal weight. I do like them though. I need to buy a pair of goal jean maybe.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Someday you will probably be working pt too. Remember .............. I am 52 years old - my kids are all grown - and my husband has built a pretty awesome business that is able to support us. All in time, Jenn, all in time.

I wonder if a visit with a financial advisor (not the 401K planning type) but more like a counselor - could help you with the logistics of getting your spending in check. There are always ways to cut back and redirect funds - but sometimes we need to have someone else show us the way. It could be a well spend $100 - or whatever they charge.

Sorry you're feeling so down about the job and stuff. I've been where you are - 'cept I was in a highly stressful office with more weight on my shoulders than I signed up for. Keep looking for alternatives - I know you are highly capable and I'm sure you find your way to another job that is a great fit for you and is something you can feel good about doing.

McKenna is a doll baby! I hope that finger painting is hanging on the fridge right now! (did I spell her name right this time?)

Oh --- and WOOOT WOOOOT on the loose butted jeans! Thats always so excited! I love it when the jeans are falling off and its time to drop to the next size!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Your little girls is so cute .
    And yay for loose jeans!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    haha Tomi. It's actually Makenna... no worries. Everyone spells it wrong. If you wanna play it safe, just call her Kenna.

I expressed to Brad how important it is to stop spending, stop taking debts. I put it in the perspective that if he hadn't taken the 1750 and the 1,000, we'd have those dollar figures to use toward other debts. I told him the first one alone would come damn close to paying off the Turn 3 loan. I told him that it's partly my fault for letting him take them, but he needs to understand that we have to stop. I told him that we can get ahead of this thing if we don't spend any money outside of our $25 per person weekly money. NOTHING. Not a dime more and we can get through this within a few short months.

I think he understands now and realizes just how close we are to being in some seriously big trouble. All of his overtime, ALL of it, is being directed into savings in case I get furloughed, so there is NONE to be used for anything fun. We have GOT to save for that. If we don't the furlough will seriously damage us - to the point of needing a bankruptcy lawyer. I think he understands.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Fingers crossed that will do it Jenn, and you can get out of the money mess

Speaking of money, just realised id budgeted the weekly amount for food, and petrol on a fortnightly budget. Thankfully was able to move things around a bit, but doh!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I love the way Ausies talk! whats a fortnight?

Jenn - good job on the hubby talk! Sometimes they just need to have it layed out in front of them in plain and simple language. Men are very basic creatures............ "Just the facts, ma'am"!!! Maybe you're too old for that show........... ????

I will be anxiously awaiting happy tails of bills being paid and money woes easing up a LOT! Its gonna be a good year!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Oi im not an Aussie
    And are you making fun of me? LOL

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Fortnight = 2 weeks.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Checking back in. Sorry to hear about all your aggravations, Jenn. It will be great if Brad will get on the same page as you. To mix metaphors, it is much easier to make progress if you are pulling in the same direction, however slowly, than if you pulling against each other.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    TMI warning

So, I finally had my first real TOM since getting rid of the birth control and it laid me out! It was so heavy I almost called the doctor. REALLY BIG TMI HERE: I soaked a super tampon in 20 minutes, and then the next one only took 30-45 minutes to soak through. Every time I used the toilet it looked like a massacre had taken place. It was pretty rough. And cramps! Oh my word, they were horrid! I felt like I was in labor, seriously. I even googled whether or not ketosis can cause a miscarriage b/c I am not kidding when I say I haven't bled like that since my kids were born. It was a little unnerving to say the least. I ended up staying home yesterday simply for the convenience of being in my own home and being able to change clothes if needed, lay down as I see fit, etc. Today is MUCH better. More "normal", so back to work. I'll have to keep an eye on next month's cycle to see if it's better or the same.

/END TMI warning

All of that, though, was worth a 2 lb weight loss. I think it should have been closer to 5, you know, to make it all worth it in the end, but I'll be ok with 2 I guess.

Despite it all, I remained true to my ketosis goals. Staying within 5% carbs the whole time. I think ketosis helped me get through the PMS portion and the sugar cravings that were driving me mad. So, Ketosis 1, Mother Nature 0.

Made some egg salad the other night. Yum!! I made mayo with coconut oil and light tasting olive oil. Then mixed my eggs and mayo with some celery, celery seed, salt, pepper, and dill relish. Super yums.

I made cream cheese clouds too. Super yum as well. Brad doesn't like them - they're so rich they make his stomach upset. I actually expected them to not be sweet enough for him as I replaced the stevia with 1 tbsp of honey (yes, only 1 tbsp). It's fine that they upset his tummy though... just means more for me. They're a perfect little fat boost at the end of the day if my protein is too high.

Today, my ratios are looking very interesting. Fat: 77%, Pro: 18%, Carb: 5% ROCK ON! Lovin the egg salad at breakfast! Now, if only it wasn't so time consuming to make the mayo!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)