Page 212 of 580 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 5795

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 212

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jenn, I know you may not want to hear this, but Chapter 13 or 11 is always an option. For you guys, it may be a godsend. It's been that way for us and it'll be over with this October. It's not something to be ashamed about. It's better than having to borrow money to pay off crap and keep you revolving in debt. Just a thought.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think we're to a point where we have to file. We just have to stop spending!! Hopefully something good will come from our taxes so we can make a dent in something.

Tomi, you wanna fly out here and post all my stuff for sale? I don't have the time to post a bazillion pictures of stuff on ebay or craigslist.

It'll work out. I just need to vent periodically. The fact that we remained in the black last week says a LOT. If I can keep him in check, I think things will be ok.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Well I certainly understand the time contraints......... you're a busy working mom. Just thought I'd throw out the possibility. You could do just one thing at a time if its even a consideration. ???

We all need to vent! I've done my share of venting about my step daughter issues

SEVEN pounds !!!!!!! I'd be doing the happy dance if I were you!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Tomi, as silly as this sounds, I'm not really celebrating the 7 lbs b/c it's "old weight" that I'm losing, not "new" weight. If I hadn't allowed myself to gain 13 lbs between October and January, and I was losing new pounds, I'd be jumping for joy! Still crying it from the rooftops b/c 7 lbs in 8 days is awesome no matter how you slice it. Even if it's water weight... weight is weight! (unless I gain it overnight... then it's just water and doesn't really matter. lol)

I have thought about posting our dvds on eBay. We don't watch them and they're just collecting dust. I would only do the "grown up" movies and not the Disney animations that my kids would watch. It just takes SO LONG to post that stuff on eBay. But it is definitely something to consider b/c that would also allow me to declutter the house some.

Last spring I made $100 at a garage sale just selling some of my kids' stuff... sad thing is that there is so much stuff that you could'nt tell I'd even sold anything. And that was selling all the clothes at 25 cents a piece. I'd like to do it again this year, but again, that's a crapton of work and it's so far out. City Wide Garage sale day isn't until the first weekend of May. What I need to do is just take all the clothes in to the consignment shops and see what they'll buy them for.

Brad and I make plenty of money to correct this. We just have to buckle down and DO IT. There's no reason that we should be living like this with our salaries. There are so many things I want to do that I can't do b/c we are as strapped as we are. I either want to add a room to the house or enlarge our living room by increasing the footprint of our house. I have it all envisioned in my head. I'd also like to build a porch onto the house. There's a lot of potential with our current house to enhance it so it's exactly what we want... we just have to STOP SPENDING MONEY so we can get there.

Patience, young grasshopper. Eventually something will click and we'll find our way to financial freedom.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Craigslist would probably be faster than eBay, you don't have to post pictures if it's just DVDs, just list the DVD titles (and if they're special edition or something) & condition, with an asking price. You could also do a slightly reduced price if they buy all of them. Maybe $3-5 per DVD, more if there are extra special features discs, and then take off the price of one or two DVDs if they buy all of them.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks, NW. I'll look at that this weekend.

I am rather down today. Life just feels kind of sucky today.

I don't like my job. I have nothing to do here. I basically hold down a chair for 8 hours a day, and waste 2 more hours driving here and back. I really wish I had more to keep me busy. Taking classes and sitting through training that will help me in the future is good and all, but exTREMELY boring on a daily basis. I wish I could work part-time like Tomi. I could make some money and get things done around the house - all in the same day.

Speaking of money. It sucks. I'm tired of stressing over it.

I wish I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up...

It's cloudy today - which is what I think is contributing to this lull in my mood. I'm just... ugh. I want to melt into a lump and just do nothing today. Even sitting upright is more than I want to do.

I think it's PMS week. I really need to start tracking that...

I'm so uninterested today that I don't even want sugar... Wait... that's a positive thing... isn't it? I'm confused.

I don't feel tired or lethargic... just uninterested. Unethusiastic. Blah.

Curled up on the couch with a cup of tea and a Disney animation sounds like a wonderful idea right now. "Check your brain at the door" movie with feel good endings and a warm mug of tea... *bliss*

My princess is finger painting. She makes my heart swell.

Bearz finger paint.jpg

If things happen in 3's, I'd like a bit of warning before #3 comes along.

Brad's grandma rode by ambulance to the ER this week. I guess she'd developed a fever of 103 and it was making her delirious. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. They started doing some more investigation and realized that she had possibly gotten an infection from stepping on a tack a few days before. She's also type II diabetic (but takes really good care of herself - by CW standards - to manage it). Because of the diabetes, she wasn't healing properly so they were afraid the infection would move to her skeletal structure and wanted to perform a surgery to see how deep the infection got. It's quite possible she could lose her foot. They couldn't do the surgery yesterday b/c her blood is too thin (cardiac patient on blood thinners as well) so they had to wait for her blood to thicken. From what I have been told, she has since started to show improvement since the removal of the blood thinners. Let's hope her improvement continues. Prior to going to the hospital she had gone to the doctor complaining that she didn't feel well. They couldn't find any reason for her to be ill so they called it a virus and sent her home. But, in their defense, they were never told she had stepped on a tack, but at the clinic I go to, if you're diabetic, they automatically check your feet everytime you come in. If this clinic had done the same, they may have caught this sooner.

Yesterday (or the night before) Brad's cousin went to the ER and had an emergency appedectomy. He went to the doctor complaining of pain and they gave him an antibiotic and sent him home. He started googling his symptoms and decided to go to the hospital.

What is it with doctors not investigating things deeper? Why do they just look at the outside, assume it's a virus or bacteria and send you on your way?? Do they WANT their patients to die???

I hope both doctors that missed these diagnoses wake up and realize they could have caused the death of two people.

So in my mildly depressed state today, I haven't told you about a cool thing that happened b/c I'd rather feel sorry for myself then celebrate the victories. I decided at this very minute that doing so is bullshit and I need to celebrate the victory or I'll never bust through this temporary funk...

Anyhow, as I was walking down the hall today to get some water from the water dispenser for my Herb Ox, I noticed my jeans were shifting while I walked. I felt it first in the butt, then in the thighs. I'm excited to wash them again to see if they fit well after a washing or if this is b/c I'm on my 2nd or 3rd wearing of these jeans (in my defense, I have only one pair of jeans that fits).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hurray! That reminds me of a really cool thing that happened to me. Off to my journal.