Page 211 of 593 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 211

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I found out my SIL and MIL are using some kind of "green coffee bean extract" that Dr. Oz touted on tv... please... Dr. Oz is a fence jumper! The first time something "new and shiny" comes along, he jumps from whatever he's on now to that...

I also heard a commercial this afternoon for Raspberry Ketones... also endorsed by Dr. Oz... really? Why do I need Raspberry ketones when I can create my own??

And why would I want to take a pill to lose weight when I have found my golden ticket? My SIL lost a lot of weight doing paleo too - no clue why she gave it up. MIL said she was bored... *eyeroll* whatev. There is nothing boring about paleo. Shit - just look at all the recipes out there! There are just as many recipes floating around on the web for paleo foods as there are for CW foods. Makes me sad, really.
    Oh geez

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Mine wants to get garbage for food (but he's getting better. i can tell eating crap foods is making him feel guilty b/c he knows what he needs to do to lose the weight - he's 300+ lbs). I provide him with lunch and breakfast most days, so the need to eat out is very rare. And when he does, it's always McDonald's or Wendy's. Given you're in AU, you'll probably know McDonald's but maybe not Wendy's. They're pretty much the same thing.

The other night he freaked out b/c we were going ot a birthday party at a bar. He wanted to take cash. I told him there was none and he asked where it all went. I explained to him that after bills we had $55. We spent 30 of it on our son's birthday present. Then spent $11 on dinner (after using a $25 gift card), leaving $14. He was pissed that there was no money and we couldn't even take $10 out when we want to... such is the life when you buy more shit than you can afford to pay for, bucko!!

Our credit cards got racked up b/c of his business venture. He used a $10,000 credit card with a 30% interest rate to buy supplies as he needed them. This quickly built up and maxed out. We couldn't afford even the minimum payment on it so I got a credit card to pay that one off (I have 0% interest for about 3 more months on it). Prior to this though, we had paid off the 30% credit card by transferring the balance to another card. So, we have two credit cards now - one with $10,000 on it and one with $7000. The $7,000 is the left over from the business. The $10,000 is the left over from the first bad card (the one with 30% interest, prior to the business crap). The business never brought in enough to pay the credit card debts. Luckily the account on the 30% card got closed by the card issuer b/c the card kept going over the limit each month simply b/c of the atrocious interest.

More recently he bought a trailer to pull his race car ($10,000) that we're working on. But, more recent than that, he got a $1,750 loan to rebuild the motor in his race car, rebuild the body (new body every year), and to basically rebuild the car. (He and his dad went half and half on this loan. it was originally $5,000. Long story, but our portion is $1,750). Then he got a loan for $1,000 to pay to have it lettered/stickered with sponsor names and logos so it's ready for race season. It's a very expensive hobby and I wish every day he didn't have it... but, if I take it away, he'd probably kill me out of sheer boredom, so I try to keep the borrowing to a minimum. I kind of follow his mom's lead on this one, and I shouldn't. She allows FIL to borrow the money first, then I allow DH to borrow... but they're better with their money than we are and have fewer debts, so I should just say no... but there again, I'd have to deal with a pouty, crab-ass of a husband. We'd probably end up divorced if I didn't let him do this. No, in fact, I know we'd end up divorced.

Sadly, the race car only brings in about $1,000 - $2,000 a year in "income" from race payouts, so it's not enough to counter any of these debts and things break throughout the year and they end up using that money for new parts. It's a worthless indeavor, really.

we are so deep in debt that I can't get a loan to pay off the credit cards, not to mention a newer car. We'll be struggling for a while but he fails to realize that, and instead of seeing the situation as it is, he gets mad at me b/c things aren't getting better. No shit Sherlock! STOP BORROWING MONEY!! (Worst part is, the bank will give him money without my input - like these last two loans he got - which are 6 month notes, no payments for 6 months, full amount due in full at the 6 month mark - these are the only loans we can get, and the max is $3,500).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Shit, I really hope he wakes up to it all soon. I can see how much stress it will be causing you. He needs to help you get out of this money situation It would make me so angry too. One step at a time hey?

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I am just not understanding, but why would you want a loan to pay off a debt? Won't the loan just create more debt in the future anyway?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

If its lower interest it will help

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sorry Jenn, You must feel like you are fighting an uphill battle alone.

Jenn you inspired me to look at our budget again. I managed to save us $30 a month on health insurance.
    Not a lot, but hey ill take it.
    Here if you earn over a certain amount, you either pay for hospital cover, or pay more tax, so we got it originally for that purpose. We have extras cover, which has a dental centre, so we get 2 x check ups, fillings, cleans per year 100 % covered. Plus 50% back on things like physio, chiro etc (which mainly only I use at this stage). Dropping the cover slightly only changed the over all limit we get back (not by much). And if we ever choose to go private (which I wouldn't really, public is completely free), and I imagine only non emergencies would be private, we now pay an excess of $500, which we didn't have before. But unlikely to need it.

Thanks again! Looking at where else I can save

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Jenn --- dang money issues!! A constant uphill battle when you're young and just starting out with kids and mortgage and all. It does get better as you get older. One thing I've learned about non-life sustaining items - if I don't have the cash to pay for it, I don't really need it that bad. And I'm a great saver so it seems to work out. Since we got married 11 years ago I've managed to pay off a 2001 Ford 350, and a 2005 Pathfinder, and the $12,000 he owed on the ski boat. We've taken some amazing vacations! 1 mexico 4 day cruise, and 2 7 day caribbean cruises (1 with 3 kids in tow). We have no credit card balances. We use them, but we pay them off each month. And we make the cards work for us - one card racks up air miles - which we've used for all of our vacations, and have flown for FREE on every single one. The other racks up cruise miles, which we used on our last cruise for one FREE fare. We just refi'd the mortgage to a 15 year loan at 2.5% interest - and I'm working out a plan to surprise the hubby with a pay-off in 10 years. I just need to work more hours to make it happen.

Do you have stuff you can sell to earn some cash to throw down on those credit cards? You mentioned toys and books that the kids no longer use or you have an over abundance of. How 'bout kids cloths that they've outgrown? Ebay or even just a yard sale can bring in some good cash! What about stuff you have that you could really live without? When you got married do you get a set of china that just sits in the box or cupboard and never gets used? People will pay nicely for good china! And seriously, its only fancy plates. Wedding dresses also sell nicely. You'll never wear it again, and most likely Makena is going to want her own when she's a bride. We can get by with SOOOO much less than we have if we don't get emotionally attached to our "stuff".

Think about it.......... letting go of some of that "stuff" could really put a dent in those debts!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

ooh great idea Tomi, I must do this too.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wish I had stuff to sell. I have a rarely used laptop that's almost 2 years old. It would not get me much & I don't think Boyfriend will let me get rid of it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.