Page 209 of 579 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 5785

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 209

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    that sounds yum, I don't normally like cheese, but I want some now LOL

tomi is offline Senior Member
    So whats the verdict on the uncoming birthday "day" for Brady? Is there any chance you can give the family a cupcake and not have one yourself? I'd hate to see that sugar mess us your ketosis again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I plan to make 24 cupcakes for his class (no idea how I'm going to transport so many danged cupcakes) and only 6 cupcakes for home. That will allow Brad, Brady and Makenna to each have one (or two) and me none. I plan to pitch the rest of the batter. Let's face it, cake mixes are cheap ($1.18 for this one) so I'm not concerned about wasting it.

I learned today, by accident, that the Army has what they call the Army Management Staff College. I enrolled today. It will provide me with classes and training directly related to Army jobs - which I think will make me more marketable as an Army employee. My bachelor's and master's aren't enough, sadly, b/c I lack specialized training in certain skill-sets.

Additionally, there is the Defense Acquisition University (DAU - which I already knew about) where I can take other classes that are required for other jobs here.

I'm tired of this job. I'm bored. I don't feel like I'm excelling (how can you excell, really), and I'm ready for something better - something more suited to the education I have worked hard for. I want to be a better employee and DO SOMETHING here, so I'm going to start nailing down these courses now. I have 10 days until my classes start at St. Ambrose, which is enough time to knock out a distance learning class (DAU).

So... with that, you may or may not see much of me over the next few days. I'll pop in and update here and in the MOAR challenge post, but I will need to really hammer on this class to get it done in time for my final classes at St. Ambrose to start.

I'm a jack of all trades, master of none... it's time to work on being a master of something.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

My knee hurts... but it's a weird hurt. It doesn't hurt to walk. Or do weight bearing exercises or anything like that. It hurts to rotate my foot... weird.

I'll give it a couple of days. If it doesn't improve on its own, I'll go see The Princess of Pain to have her correct it.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey good luck with the new schooling endeavor and stay away from those nasty cupcakes; re entering ketosis is a bummer.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hope your knee feels better quick. I get the odd twinge in mine on my daily walks but I guess just due to my heaviness, hope yours is nothing bad.
    Sucks you are bored at your job, I hope something better comes along soon for you. I am scared of the thought of finishing my course then starting working, its been nearly 8 years without a job for me.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Jenn - Good luck with the classes - and good for you for taking advantage of the things available to you! You will definitely find your path.

Stay the course and stay in ketosis! The weight will continue to drop and you'll soon be surpassing your baby weight mile marker.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Chili Cilantro Lime Crock Pot Chicken : PaleoPot – Paleo Recipes For Your Crock Pot & Slow Cooker This is dinner. It looks delicious. I envision it to taste a bit like chicken tacos so I will probably pick up some tortillas on the way home for the fam. It's kind of low fat, though, despite the skin, so I will probably use butter next time (stuff some under the skin to bring the fat content up). I'll probably put sour cream on it tonight too... ooh... yeah, I think I most definitely will. Ok, added it to my tracker and that's still not enough to bring my overall fat up for the day. I'm at 65% fat, 30% protein... danged chicken. I wish I had some deli sliced cheese to go with my lunch. That might make all the difference... but I didn't think of it and unless I want to skip my walk today, I can't get to the store... but man... now I wish I had some cheese to add to lunch. Maybe I will skip the walk. We will see.

Brad and I remained in the black this week, depspite the $48 snafu... we have $28 left in our checking account. Would have been nice to have the $48. Dave Ramsey would tell us we're not supposed to have ANY money left in our checking account at the end of the week, but, you know... I don't like it being at a zero balance. Murphy's Law always kicks in when I have a zero balance... So anyway, we have a tiny bit of extra money this week. We have $50 in blow on whatever we want money, and an extra $40 going to the evil credit card that is killing us right now. I'm hoping for a decent tax return so we can drop a large chunk of cash on one of the credit cards - probably mine b/c we'll be able to get that paid off more quickly - and can then apply that payment to the evil one - mine isn't evil b/c it's still in the 0% interest introductory window until like June or something... who's ever heard of 21 month 0% introductory window??? Not I, but I found one!

I am really having a hard time liking avocado... I'm trying. And I'm eating it anyway. It's not so bad if I keep a bite of egg in each bite of avocado, but I just cannot force my palate to like it... I really think it's a texture thing.

My knee still hurts today. Starting to hurt a bit to walk - not really hurt, but it's talking to me. I switched into my fast flats. Wondering if wearing tennis shoes is the cause b/c I didn't do anything to tweak it.

Today is my Brady-Man's birthday. He's 6. I have a 6 year old... wow.

here is a converation Brad had at work yesterday. He takes all the same supplements I take, with the exception of Maca, iodine and zinc b/c let's face it, he doesn't seen a stronger libido... Anyhow, someone finally asked him about all of his supplements.

Guy: what's all that stuff?
    Brad: Pills
    Guy: What are they for?
    Brad: I don't know
    Guy: You take pills and you don't know what they're for?
    Brad: Don't you do what your wife tells you to do??
    Guy: Yeah, I guess so.

End of conversation. Lol I'm laughing just typing that.

Here is my first assignment for class. I'm opting for a cruise (something for everyone aboard those enormous ships). Any suggested vacation destinations? And how cool is THIS for an assignment?

Hello Everybody,

Welcome to Planning Strategically! I am looking forward to seeing everybody next Thursday evening. Our classroom is 110 in West Hall. Please familiarize yourselves with the syllabus although we will go over it in class. Of particular note is the requirement for the first class. We will be preparing for an imaginary class trip and we must decide what our destination will be. In addition to ourselves, we will be taking our spouses or our significant others, our children, our parents, and our immediate neighbors. You are to conduct market research for a destination for the trip prior to class and come prepared to convince the class to accept your choice. Keep in mind the interests of everyone in our party, the timeframe commitment, and the resources required. You should research travel sites, magazine articles, travel brochures, or anything to help you justify your chosen destination. Bring your research material with you and be prepared to give a formal 5 minute presentation to justify the place of your choice.

See you on the 17th!!

Fred

By the way, Fred is my favorite instructor at St. Ambrose... he is also a former employer.