Page 205 of 593 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 205

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yay, stress-reduction! I think you are tackling this the right way. It sounds like you need to address these things head on. Sex and exercise etc. in your case seem to just be avoidance techniques. You might feel better temporarily, but it doesn't solve anything. I think those are more appropriate when you are having a short-term stress and need a break, but then get back to fixing things with fresh motivation and more energy etc.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yay, stress-reduction! I think you are tackling this the right way. It sounds like you need to address these things head on. Sex and exercise etc. in your case seem to just be avoidance techniques. You might feel better temporarily, but it doesn't solve anything. I think those are more appropriate when you are having a short-term stress and need a break, but then get back to fixing things with fresh motivation and more energy etc.
    I don't use sex as an avoidance technique!! Have you met me??? I AVOID SEX!! lol I use my computer as an avoidance technique. If I have my laptop on my lap and I'm staring at the screen, I can't see the mess around me.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I mean, some people do (I don't either, though I don't really avoid it). Sex as a stress reliever is only effective as a short-term resolution, it's not a coping mechanism. Coping = fixing, to me. At least, that's what I do now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    coping = fixing, to me. At least, that's what i do now.
    EXACTLY!!

^That was supposed to be in all caps... let's try this again.

Today's eats:

Todays Meals.jpg

I have decided that I will eat the "exercise" calories (which are included in the daily calorie goal figure once you enter your exercise into MFP) as well unless it causes a problem or unless I feel I don't need them.

Today's percentages:

Calories: 1608
    Carbs: 8.2%
    Fat: 69.4%
    Protein: 20.6%

Sugar was higher than I would like, but that's simply b/c of the stupid barbecue sauce. My carbs are still really low, so I'm not going to concern myself with bbq sauce 2x per week.

WoW! I don't think I've EVER been so mad in my entire life. When Brad sold his equipment, he gave the guy who bought it a flash drive with all the stuff Brad has ever done. We realized later that a file Brad needs for his own car was on that drive and not on any drive we have at home. We asked if we could get that file back and the buy is refusing to do so.

I can't wait til he uses one of those files so I can sue him for copyright infringement...

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Just reading through your journal, its taking me a while, ive been around here for a while, but was also away for like 8 months, but im back now ! I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old too
    Dunno if anything has been posted about this as I just read it, but vaccinations are not 100% against stuff. I know plenty of people who have had whooping cough and chicken pox even after being vaccinated. But you may know this by now
    One of the many reasons we do not vaccinate any of our family, including pets, but there is way more to it than that.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Still reading
    Sounds like you were doing great with the whole 30, but not at the end yet LOL.
    As for kids sleeping in your bed, I promise it doesn't last forever. Both of mine slept in our bed from birth, till we got them their own beds around 2. My eldest is 5 and pretty much never comes into our bed, and he goes to bed on his own, and has for quite some time now. My youngest comes in occasionally during the night but im not worried, but if he was affecting my sleep I might. Hopefully things have improved in this area for you now. And my eldest is very self confident, and has been very independent, since 18 months old. I know not all children are the same, but having this closeness does create happy confident kids generally

Yeah my kids are doing pretty well with sleeping in their own beds. There are occasions where my oldest will find his way to our bed around 5 am, but he's not coming to our bed any earlier than that now. It's kind of nice actually.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Fuck my financial life... my paycheck is going down $36 a pay period... One of our credit cards is eating every payment we make through interest alone. We're spinning our wheels and now b/c of this effing jacked up tax legislation any leeway or extra we might have had each week (which amounted to about $50 at most) is now gone.

Fuck me. I give up.