Page 201 of 590 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 201

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I would love to go to a job and get paid to just be there. I could find all sorts of things to do! Course, I don't have little ones who I would rather be home with so theres a major difference. My son is having the same issues at his job. There isn't a lot of work so most of the day he's bored to death, and comes home grumpy.

do some research on the nutritional ketosis thing? I'm sure there is lots to learn about that.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have been Tomi. Trouble is, I don't have much to do when there are people here, but having people here to talk to makes the day go by faster, so not having them here is agonizing. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I get it Time passes awefully slow when you're alone.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

And when you're carb fluing, it makes you super duper tired and causes you to fall asleep at your desk... oops. lol

ooops! hahahaha!!! i wish i could have seen that!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Reading cookbooks and Amazon reviews on cookbooks. It seems the cookbook Well Fed has some binding issues. lol Borrowing SIL's tonight to see if I want to buy it. Not sure why I need to buy it when all of the recipes are on her website: theclothesmakethegirl.

Finding SO MANY great looking recipes in the Paleo Diet Cookbook. I think I have now tagged 15 recipes to try and I'm not even half way through the book yet! Maybe just over a 1/3 of the way. For those thinking this isn't so many recipes, I have a VERY hard time imagining what things will taste like by just reading the ingredients list, so to tag this many as "I want to try that" is a huge compliment! lol

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    So, why are you having Makenna switch daycares? I must have missed it. Last I heard, I thought you were planning to stick with where you were, since she was so happy there.

I was... but then it came down to helping or not helping family. Right now, Makenna is SIL's only "paid" child until February. It really was a mental struggle for me to do this. I think it'll be better once I see what they are doing at the daycare. Plus, with preschool coming up, this will be SO much easier b/c SIL will provide transportation to and from the school. The daycare won't b/c the daycare is a state sanctioned preschool, so transportation to and from the public school (also state sanctioned) is not reimbursed (but transportation to and from the private religion based preschool is since the daycare does not teach religion - but my kids don't attend that school), so I would have to find a ride for her if she stayed at the daycare - which was a GIANT PITA with Brady (although transportation would not be necessary for another year since the daycare has 3 year old and 4 year old preschool). In any event, I agreed to do it to help SIL out. Makenna will like it b/c she'll be with her aunt and grandma and cousin every day. The pros kind of outweighed the cons in this situation. And we'll see two of the gals she loves at the grocery store on weekends as they both work there too (daycare doesn't pay squat so most of gals who work at the daycare have second and sometimes 3 jobs).

Finished reading The Paleo Diet Cookbook and tagged 23 or 24 recipes. All "main dish" recipes as I'm not concerned about veggie dishes. I'm more interested in tasty meat dishes as I'm getting bored with Mrs. Dash flavored meats.

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone.

I made a chicken soup yesterday. Got it all jarred up and ready for the freezer. I brought one jar with me to work today. I'm sad that it's relatively fat free, with the exception of the 2 tbsp of olive oil I had used to saute the carrots and onions before turning it into soup (I had planned to make something else, then changed my mind and made soup out of it). I'll have to remember to pair the soup with a fat when I eat it.

Here is the breakdown per myfitnesspal. This is a rough estimate, really, and probably exaggerated a bit as I'm not certain how much cabbage I put in. I estimated about 5 leaves, but I think it was probably closer to three.

Calories: 119
    Carbs: 7 (1.47%)
    Fat: 4 (30%) <-- wow... higher than I had anticipated.
    Protein: 12 (40.3%)

Yup... needs a fat. I'll nosh on some almonds with it.

Currently, before making any dinner plans, I am sitting at 599 calories, 9% carbs, 65% fat, and 27% protein. I think as long as I keep my carbs below 10% I'll be good...

Of course, this does NOT include the Mt. Dew I have had today... *sigh* I just did this to see what my foods look like for the day. The Yellow Death will be gone before the 2nd. I promise.

I know, I know... I said I was starting on the 30th, but that changed when Brad decided we were going to have people over tonight for cards, Wii playing and possibly pizza. (I hope that means he's at home cleaning b/c we're not ready for company!)

I suspect cumin and I are not friends. I have noticed the last two times we made tacos (with homemade taco seasoning), I have gotten headaches. I don't notice it with the commercial stuff, just my homemade stuff. I guess maybe it's something else now that I think of it... let me compare. Weird. The ingredients in the McCormick (the brand I buy as it has no maltodextrin or MSG or cornstarch) are the same as the ingredients in my homemade stuff. Any thoughts?? My tacos consist of lettuce, cheese (usually cheddar or colby jack), tomatoes, salsa... you know what... maybe it's the tomatoes or the salsa... I guess I have a new experiment... gotta test tomatoes and salsa. See if either cause me headaches.

Reading Practical Paleo. Loving it. Also still reading The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf, but that has kind of taken a back seat to PP. I am THRILLED to see so many people on Facebook switching over to Paleo. I used to hang out at SparkPeople.com and everyone there follows the standard weight loss diet. Some do those danged Shakeology shakes too. One gal, a very well respected trainer and group leader that I'm a member of, purchased Practical Paleo and is going to give Paleo a shot. She said she's been slowly eliminating grains from her diet and has noticed a tremendous difference. She's a very inspiring lady to say the least, so to see her make the switch only means others will follow. She's got a very large following on FB. So anyway, this is exciting. The more the merrier!!

Anyhow, I'm going to go catch up with everyone and sit back with my PP and read. Enjoy your New Year's Eve. Stay safe, don't drink & drive or ride with someone who's been drinking. I expect to see everyone right back here again tomorrow.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good advice. I'm home tonight with all my boys. Going out this morning for milk, bread and eggs then not again until I go back to school on Wednesday.

I ended up giving up on HFLC until tomorrow as well. There was some strong mental/emotional urges going on that I wasn't willing or able to fight. Hopefully with a fresh start (Jan 1st) and lots of support (the challenge thread), I will be able to get clean again.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67